ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I Like the iPhone 6. Very easy to fix and the screens cost £40.
Shame the battery takes an age to charge :/

My note 4 battery is fully charged within 40mins from dead

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Has there been any news released on a 6s yet? I'm assuming they're bringing one out in a couple of months?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it'll be September. No confirmed news yet though.
Just broke my iPhone 6 screen after 10 f**king months.
Those £40 screen are shite diagro, not the same as a genuine one the glues used are different etc

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yeah it'll be September. No confirmed news yet though.
Just broke my iPhone 6 screen after 10 f**king months.
Those £40 screen are shite diagro, not the same as a genuine one the glues used are different etc

Apple charge £79 for a replacement screen.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
They replaced a colleagues screen in less than an hour last Saturday.

As said, the other advantage is, if they f**k it up, you'll get a 'new' phone.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
The only bit I've read is that it will the same size / shape / config as the existing models, so assume it will be an S rather than a completely new model.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Im after a new phone, my Xperia Z3 is playing up now (overheating, poor touch screen etc) Ive been thinking of going back to iphones. Is it worth getting the 6 or trying to hold out another 3 - 4 months for the 6s/7?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hold out if only because IF the S models do have Force Touch, it'll be worth it (IMO). Having tried it on the new Macbook and Watch I am a fan.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I will be holding with my 6 but i'll be upgrading the wife to the 6S on launch day. No-one really knows as and when it'll come out though as nothing has been confirmed or announced yet.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
they best upgrade the 6 screen to full HD matching the plus! thats the only reason i held out for the S lol

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I've only missed one iteration since the iPhone 4... but this time is the first time I was basically forced into a 24 month contract. Going to feel it lol :( jeeealous.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ive just swapped from a 4s to a 6 and I don't know what ive done but when I text my wife it shows my icloud email as the person who's sent it and not my name.
What have I done wrong.?

SQ5
The stiles aren't underground though, but I guess with no signal it will do the transaction when it has signal.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Pre paid credit is not stored on the oyster card though? You could have £0 credit, top up £20 online, then the card works right away, and it's not had any contact with anything. In the same way the amount of money in your bank account is not stored on your debit card.

P.s I might be talking complete crap here, I'm just guessing.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
No, you're right. Apple Pay works just like any other contactless payment - you're just authorising the payment and authenticating the account. The phone doesn't need to do anything over the mobile network.

Work are just about to upgrade our phones, it'll be a choice of Galaxy S6 or iPhone 6S/7. Got to make the choice without knowing what the upgrades to the iPhone 6 will be though...... Arrrgh!

SQ5
Pre paid credit is not stored on the oyster card though? You could have £0 credit, top up £20 online, then the card works right away, and it's not had any contact with anything. In the same way the amount of money in your bank account is not stored on your debit card.

P.s I might be talking complete crap here, I'm just guessing.

Kind of right but it will be stored on a database that card number 12345 has this much and will just remove the credit, the phone will need to do a new transaction every time as it'll be buying credit every time if that makes sense?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Answer to what? Lol

Oyster does store a balance on the card, it reconciles overnight which picks up any fraudulent or duplicate cards in the system. (Yes, this was a possibility)