ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Answer to what? Lol

Oyster does store a balance on the card, it reconciles overnight which picks up any fraudulent or duplicate cards in the system. (Yes, this was a possibility)

The different ways the systems can work, on line / off line.

As for the point of it, it's usually that your phone is more accessible than your bank cards, so is easier to use.

Why would you want to drag your phone across pay pads? risk dropping it at the train/tube ticket barriers? don't get it.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Holding it in my hand vs Dragging it across oyster pads? yes i see what you mean, exactly the same.

A good chunk of people on public transport have their phone in their hand. They can hold the phone on or close to the pad without having to get anything out of their pockets.

Hence why stickers for the back of phones to make contact less payment are available.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
There was also an article recently which said some retailers will be able to set there own limit later in the year. Boots were specifically mentioned as saying they'd allow unlimited value.

EDIT: See the link above

At the minute though, we have a £20 limit.

I bloody love using ApplePay though. Even Greggs take it hehehe

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in here already, but is anyone else suffering from awful battery life since updating to iOS 8.4? The battery performance is half of what it was prior to the update - it doesn't make it through the day any more!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Maybe they reduce it so they can genuinely claim that OS9 has battery saving features. It's deffo a smaller download if the preview is anything to go by.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Ive got iOS 9 now, not noticed any improvement of battery tbh. But I've been using my phone for Internet a lot lately.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 11.29.02.png

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
My 5c battery is w**k. Can't remember if it's the update that caused it though. Either way I'm getting the 6s/7 when it comes out so, touché Apple

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
My 5c battery has been pretty good to be fair.

My new 6+ has arrived and is waiting for me at home. Negotiated a pretty good deal with Vodafone I think. £34 a month (£25 up front cost), Unlimited texts and calls, and 2GB data.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
My 6 is useless it usually runs out by mid afternoon.

I wish Apple would sort it out my iPad is great, I cba having an android phone but might be no choice the amount of calls I miss.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I found uninstalling and then reinstalling Facebook alone helped as it was creaming my battery.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
My 5c battery has been pretty good to be fair.

My new 6+ has arrived and is waiting for me at home. Negotiated a pretty good deal with Vodafone I think. £34 a month (£25 up front cost), Unlimited texts and calls, and 2GB data.

Is this a special offer? Can I has details?

If the 7 needs a mortgage to buy I might see if EE will match this deal.

...I want apple pay and Apple watch connectivity tbh.

Even though I don't have an apple watch yet lol

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep

My bro told me about the "loyalty team" at Vodafone. Basically just refused the deals they offered at first and negotiated a better offer. My bro used the same tactic a few weeks back to get a 6 on the same plan for 29 quid a month. I then used that to barter with them. They wanted £45 a month and £50 up front for the phone.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
My bro told me about the "loyalty team" at Vodafone. Basically just refused the deals they offered at first and negotiated a better offer. My bro used the same tactic a few weeks back to get a 6 on the same plan for 29 quid a month. I then used that to barter with them. They wanted £45 a month and £50 up front for the phone.

I don't mind paying upfront for the phone but I don't want to pay over £35pm for one.

I may have to employ the same tactic when my renewal is due

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
I don't mind paying upfront for the phone but I don't want to pay over £35pm for one.

I may have to employ the same tactic when my renewal is due

It was funny. Spoke to a las, asked for loyalty team for better deal. Got out through to their "bereavement department."
Then got another customer services lass who introduced herself as such and when I asked for the loyalty team she said she was. However, when pushed on why she introduced herself as C.Serv and not loyalty team (which they did when my bro phoned), she got flustered and out me thru to someone else who just gave me the above deal straight off.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It was funny. Spoke to a las, asked for loyalty team for better deal. Got out through to their "bereavement department."
Then got another customer services lass who introduced herself as such and when I asked for the loyalty team she said she was. However, when pushed on why she introduced herself as C.Serv and not loyalty team (which they did when my bro phoned), she got flustered and out me thru to someone else who just gave me the above deal straight off.

Lol I wish I paid enough attention or could understand people on the phone enough to pull them up on things like that

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

If the 7 needs a mortgage to buy I might see if EE will match this deal.

...I want apple pay and Apple watch connectivity tbh.

Even though I don't have an apple watch yet lol

It's too late for you now JP, but Vodafone have a scheme for hundreds of companies that offer a 20% discount, each member of those company can add five friends or family.

There's a list of the companies online, if anyone you know works for any of them, insta 20% discount.

So on release day I got a 6 for £38.80 a month with 5gb, unlimited and unlimited. And even if I over spend, I get 20% off that.

Worth trying next year.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Infact @JP83 if you find someone within 30 days you can still apply it!!!!!

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/employee-advantage-vea/

Let me dig out the unofficial list.

Here:

Argos
HBOS
HALIFAX
NATWEST
DPD
NHS
Boots
Hallmark
BHS
GSK
SCOTTISH GAS
MOD
British Army
Topshop
Banks
Mamas and Papas Limited
Sainsbury’s
Thomson Reuters
WPP
Lloyds Banking Group
BDR Thermea
Kraft
Cadbury
Nestle
Ford Retail
Pepsi
Thorntons
MITIE
Colliers International
Gladedale
Agilent
HP
RBS
Blackrock
NCG
Punter Southall
Chubb Insurance
Goldman Sachs
GE
BBC
DTZ
Northern Rail
Hawker Beechcraft
Medtronic
Barclays Capital
Gilead Sciences
Biffa
NHS Dumfries & Galloway
Trelleborg
AXA Tech
Thames Water
NHS Grampian
Centrica
British Gas
HCL
Panasonic
Unipart
Electronic Arts
Berkhamsted School
Ford
Whitbread
Nexus
BLNW
Accenture
Halcrow
JD Sports
HSBC
Hallmark
Cunningham Lindsey
Arriva
Constellation Brands
Innserve
New Look
Expro
Computer Associates
IBM
Reed Elsevier
United Utilities
Resource
Cordia
Visteon
Black and Decker
Maersk
Compass
Ernst and Young
UBS
Cueta Healthcare
DPD
Interlink express
GeoPost
The Scottish Government
Alix Partners
ADP
BP
Carlsberg
Shop Direct
Aston Martin
Global Radio
Capita

Mine was HSBC, they just emailed her directly to her HSBC email, she replied, activated.

Yes. My iPhone battery is also not lasting as long with 8.4

Most likely the Music app calling Taylor Swift even when it's not meant to be running. POS.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I can get you the 20% discount applied if you want @JP83. I get the discount for working for the NHS, and can have up to 4 friends and family - nobody in my family is on Voda so they are going unused.

PM me if interested