ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
i heard 23.54 per quarter if you let them install a glowing Apple logo into your forehead.

But in honesty, no one knows. *Probably* roughly the same as iPhone 4 contracts now, with perhaps the upfront cost of the phone being a little more expensive (but only going on the trend so far). In reality anything could happen, especially if they do release a 'cheaper' iPhone 4S or something. Also if you buy an iPhone 4 now then it'll still be a good phone for a couple of years, but is it really worth it? I've done similar before and kicked myself for not waiting a few months...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah ive decided im going to wait. Contract runs out on the 21st so will just wait a bit longer and see what sort of deal Orange do for me. Been with them 11 years so hopefully will get a good deal. Although like anything, if its popular enough which it will be i cant see the deals being ground breaking

2014 Focus Titanium
I've been waiting for 3 months for the iPhone 5 but today I decided to upgrade to the Sensation. I'm just not that excited by what Apple have to offer, so therefore, I'm out.

P.S. I know the iPhone 5 will be a great phone.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I've been waiting for 3 months for the iPhone 5 but today I decided to upgrade to the Sensation. I'm just not that excited by what Apple have to offer, so therefore, I'm out.

I fear this situation might be more common than expected. Apple iPhone 5 sales certainly will be lower than the 4

Inferno 182 CUP

And your thoughts on the sensation compared to the 4?

2014 Focus Titanium
Since no one knows what the iPhone 5 will be like that's a rather silly statement.

No it's not, at all. Even if the iP5 had what each and every rumour say: 4 inch screen, 10mp camera, 3D, thinner, faster, contact payment thingy, etc I still won't be that bothered. For me (and it's all personal preference) it's about the software. Android seems to be moving forward a lot quicker than iOS.

The only thing that will make me regret this change is if the iP5 comes with a battery that lasts a 3-5 days, and lets be honest, that will not happen.

And your thoughts on the sensation compared to the 4?

In my opinion the Sensation is a better phone. For me the better camera and bigger screen alone make me not want a 4 at all.

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Forward how? name me one thing android does better than iOS and justify it.

Bus w**ker
My mate/boss has a Sensation. It's a good phone and does everything he needs it too, but he still wants an iPhone and admits that he would have bought a 4 if the contract and handset wasn't so expensive. So in summary, Android phones are for cheapskates and tramps. I'm glad to have been able to clear this issue up.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
We have been saying this for years.

I remember when i used to be homeless and had a 1.2. I had a Ericsson T68m and a sony vaio. Says it all.

Mercedes
I was in phones4u the other day and the lad there made his best effort to try and make me take a Galaxy S2, got one out showed me his and then came to the conclusion that the IP4 is the better more sturdy phone. I was close to getting it there and then as my 3g is on its last legs but the 5 only months away i decided to wait.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Im tempted to get the s2, its an ace phone. although i will prob wait and see what happens with the 5

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Free internet tethering, wired or wirelessly. Next?

5284f992-7bc1-1c36.jpg

2014 Focus Titanium
FLOL at you all jumping on the bandwagon. How dare someone not buy an iPhone!! Don't tell me: I'm poor, right?

Sym0n - Firstly, Tom asked for ONE thing, I stated one thing. That is important to me as I am on the road a lot with my laptop.

Rory - I wasn't aware that it was free on 3 network. Then again I wouldn't touch that network because its terrible in my area, I'll stick to O2.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
FLOL at you all jumping on the bandwagon. How dare someone not buy an iPhone!! Don't tell me: I'm poor, right?

Sym0n - Firstly, Tom asked for ONE thing, I stated one thing. That is important to me as I am on the road a lot with my laptop.

Rory - I wasn't aware that it was free on 3 network. Then again I wouldn't touch that network because its terrible in my area, I'll stick to O2.

It's free on some modern o2 contracts to now

Bus w**ker
WTF why does it not appear on my Settings menu like that? It's hidden within Network. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.