ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Z4
Re: iPhone 4G (No longer rumours)

Regards the price, I assume it will be similar money to the 3gs?

I cant wait, I'm still living in the past with my old samsung slide phone, it drives me a little bit more mental each day..

Go cry to your momma!

Getting my current 3GS replaced on sunday due to a hairline crack.
Sell that and wait for the new'un :)

Just ordered a T28s to keep me going :cool:

t28s.jpg

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Anyone have any suggestions on how to help hairline cracks along? I appear to have none which is most disappointing, I expect better from Apple!

Citroen DS3 DSport

I have 4 hairline cracks on my white 3GS and I'll get it replaced before the warranty expires on 24th June.

RS Megane DCi 175

Just out of interest, how long is the warranty on the iPhone?
My 3G has developed a hairline crack despite never being outside of it's case or dropped etc. But my contract is about 20months old now, I have a feeling it'll be up.

Monaro VXR

Officially 12 months is the warranty period. You should however be able to get more than that out of them. There is an EU legislation which means they should supply a minimum 24 month warranty on their products.

However in the UK you can in theory get up to 6 years. However it is on you to prove that the item is faulty. Shouldn't be too difficult to prove the hairline cracks are an issue though.

Honda. Tesla Someday

my 3G is being replaced tomorrow for the 6th time. yes, 6th time. I dont treat it bad, I dont f(ck around with it, it just KEEPS ON GOING WRONG!! All failing parts!! F*cks sake! I'm gonna ask for a 3GS as compensation for having the hassle of going back to Apple every couple of months!

LY 200

I had the carphone warehouse on just now trying to shift me a 3gs and when i said im waiting for the 4g they reckoned they hadnt had word on its release date form Apple and that it was more than likely out come end of year!!! lol

Also they want to shift me onto a 24 month contract but is there any negotiation on this if you have been on an 18 month or have people had to take the 24 months or leave it?

Im on O2 if that makes any difference.

If you are near the end of your 18month contract you can just ring o2 and switch on to a 1month rolling contract, £20 with 600 mins + 1200 texts + free internet. Is that what you meant?

Citroen DS3 DSport

You can choose a 18 month or 24 month contract if you want one, you do not have to take the 24 month option but they will obviously try and steer you towards that. I'm happy on the iPhone Simplicity 30 day contract.

LY 200

If you are near the end of your 18month contract you can just ring o2 and switch on to a 1month rolling contract, £20 with 600 mins + 1200 texts + free internet. Is that what you meant?

My contracts already up and i thought it was rolling currently which im sure she confirmed when i said about it (not that i rung them up to do this).

I just want to wait for the 4g unless i opt for an HTC or the like but they were telling me on phone its not out until the end of the year - That they (the carphone warehouse) hadnt had a date on when its out yet.

CPW won't have a clue, no more than any of us.

The top top guys will know the details, but the shop/call centre monkeys won't know anything. The phones will appear on the systems under some strange code a few days before release.

LY 200

So is it not likely that the date for release will be in June then Revs as they were saying to me its not confirmed and will be late this year which is lies if this thread is anything to go by?

I take it my contract will just carry on rolling as i havnt said anything? Dont want a massive bill at the ened of the month if im supposed to ring them! lol

It will be announced a week today. Release date in my magical opinion will be 18th June.

Of course they're going to tell you that because they want to you to spend money and take their old stock.

Your contract will just keep going mate.

You're only saying that because you want it to be when you're back from holiday! Lol.

M135i

Will you have to pre order them do you think ? or will you be able to go in store and get 1 on release date ?

dk

911 GTS Cab

How much are they normally at launch out of contract, only 9 months in but I might just buy one.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Hmmm, I've got very little space on my 32gb 3GS so I'd probably have to look at 64gb, probably have to bend over for one of those.

Hmmm, I've got very little space on my 32gb 3GS so I'd probably have to look at 64gb, probably have to bend over for one of those.

64gb? Do they have 64gb nand chips for it then?

Toshiba have them don't they, but they won't use them??

I reckon it'll be 16/32gb again.

Space isn't an issue.

Ok, I was just going on the gizmodo leaked pics, showing very cramped internals to the new iphone, and only 1 memory chip. It's good to know you know there's enough room for another.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

if theres a teardown of a 64/128GB ipad that should answer your question

2014 Focus Titanium

Haven't the release dates of previous iPhones always been on the same date every year so far? If so surely it looks like it will be the same this time.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

i need it to be soon my phones on its last legs, although i think i may have to accidentally run over it and put a claim in... its not covered in primer!

A silver one

Haven't the release dates of previous iPhones always been on the same date every year so far? If so surely it looks like it will be the same this time.

No.

iPhone - June 29th 2007
3G - July 11th 2008
3GS - June 19th 2009

S3, Polo

i need it to be soon my phones on its last legs, although i think i may have to accidentally run over it and put a claim in... its not covered in primer!

You would not believe the amount of people that do this before the release of each new iPhone!

Be more creative, at the very least! :dapprove:

182 RB FF

I just took mine to Apple for the 'cracks' and had it replaced.

Tried that last week, but they said as warrenty was done they wouldnt replace it foc, I'd have to pay £130 odd to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.