ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Re: iPhone 4G (No longer rumours)

don't forget the camera flash (which inevitably will also be app'ed into use as a torch, about f'ing time!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

for me speed is the key.

having seen the high res screen on the ipad, any better screen on the iphone will be epic.

my list of things i would liek are:

speed
better screen
better camera
more space

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Battery is estimated to be 16% bigger in physical size than previous versions according to the leaked prototype that they took apart.

Given the increased power etc, I don't know how much that equates to in actual use.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

Then again it may not be the battery itself that is better, but more the phone itself being more economical as such in terms of its processors, software and apps.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Indeed, hopefully with the new OS plus optimised hardware and a bigger battery in itself the battery life will make a sizeable improvement.

It's not a huge issue for me it always lasts the day but I often lay off using it towards the end of a day

The screen res, little led flash, front facing camera, and slight speed increase wouldn't have me upgrading. I hope that OS4 doesn't run slow on the 3GS (I know it'll be quicker on the new phone, but as long as it's no slower than how 3 runs, I'm happy).

There may well be something amazing coming though, which will mean I'll be upgrading. Suppose we will
find out tomorrow hopefully.

RS Megane DCi 175

From what I've heard re the iPad battery - it's really really good. Last ages on a full charge. Hopefully the new iPhone one will be equally as impressive.

From what I've heard re the iPad battery - it's really really good. Last ages on a full charge. Hopefully the new iPhone one will be equally as impressive.

The iPad battery is f**king huge though. Hopefully there will be an improvement though, as 2 days battery life is pants.

Smart phones will never get a week standby time that you're used to with some old SE. It just can't happen.

I don't see the problem as long as it lasts a day. Just charge it while you sleep.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

yeah mine gets charged every night. simple.

what use would a front facing camera be? to me totally pointless. someone enlighten me?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

video call with tom/dan/jon would be epic.

i'm in.

Video calling has been about for years, my last 3 Sony ericssons have had front facing cameras, yet I've made 1 video call in all the time I've had them, and that was to piss about.

I don't see it catching on, it didn't the first time round.

I'll use it for about a week. Then people will realise I don't really pay attention on the phone and I'm doing other things and I'll get moaned at. Plus you have to hold it like a mong.

But.. This is Apple. They'll make it work well and everyone will want it, want to use it. A few months ago nobody ever bought Tablets. Now look at the sales..

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i'd use it just to look at your pretty face.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

day time more like. on the bus.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Great news, if it's true!

Would make sense with the name of the new device.

Honda & VW

was in a vodafone shop earlier and they aren't even sure about its release date, its annoying as my current contract ends on the 23rd July - fingers crossed its about that time

RS Megane DCi 175

I soooooo hope it's the 18th. I'm off that day as it's my GF's 21st, so sposed to be going round first thing, but if it is the 18th then she'll have to wait!
:cool:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

was in a vodafone shop earlier and they aren't even sure about its release date, its annoying as my current contract ends on the 23rd July - fingers crossed its about that time

its not been officially announced yet... why the f**k would some shop rent boy know what was going on lol

Clio 182 cup'd
cafcross said:
It'd be nice if they went down the Mini/Nano route and added a couple of colours (at a premium of course)

So you would pay more for a different colour just so it's more exclusive?

Corsa :$

my orange contract on my samsung tocco ends today and my numbers being ported to O2 PAYG as we speak untill i know whats going on. Was going to go simplicity for 1month but currently transferring banks and so my accounts are not straight! Hope its out early July!

B

Bucko

My contract ran out in December, been on Simplicity since, sold my 3G 8G about 2 weeks ago for £200 to help fund the new 4G phone. I can't stand this old skool Nokia i'm using at the moment, it's not even got a colour screen, the 4G best be out soon!

E87 118d M Sport

No. Hence its a rumor lol.

What people can say is that very trusted sources have stated that it is a very likely date.
You'll have to wait another 4-5 hours or so to find out

Status
Not open for further replies.