ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Citroen DS3 DSport
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

I've been testing out a T-Mobile payg sim card while out and about this weekend to see if the coverage will be suitable for me to consider a sim only plan with them or not. So far it's shown a great level of 3G coverage while on motorways but it does also have total signal dropout every so often which I do not get with o2.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Hopefully by tomorrow night we will all know the handset costs.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

yeh i can see its a pre order but was just wandering why they are doing it if nothing has been confirmed yet!
seems to me that they will not be locked tho.

Why? Look at the price. £650. That's £200 more than it will cost.

There's no info on them being unlocked. But he's in America and they only have AT&T so it doesn't matter.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Just put my 3gs on ebay. Debating paying the £10 to put it for sale on here as will accept £325 for it. hmmmm

Go cry to your momma!

I've been testing out a T-Mobile payg sim card while out and about this weekend to see if the coverage will be suitable for me to consider a sim only plan with them or not. So far it's shown a great level of 3G coverage while on motorways but it does also have total signal dropout every so often which I do not get with o2.

Yeah, T-Mobile are great in urban areas / motorways and so on but once you get out in the sticks, country lanes or wales you may aswell forget it..I'd been with them for 6 years or so and seen no improvement so took out an o2 simplicity for iPhone deal while the £100 quidco was on..

So far, in my nokia 6230i (sold my 3GS prior to the 4 being announced) the signal has been great! I can't comment on 3G/HSDPA coverage as my old nokia isn't capable but I know I'm covered at work and at home / parents / friends I have WiFi :)

Citroen DS3 DSport

I've been reading that 3G speeds on T-Mobile are slower than O2 so chances are I'll not bother switching if that is true. I'm not paying a additional £12.50 per month for HSDPA on T-Mobile.

SLK 350

3G on Voda according to my tests is quicker than O2 all of the time.

BMW 330ci Clubsport

My wifi is quicker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, there is not much point in comparing as the differences wont be much more than 50kbps

Mini Cooper S

Is it tomorrow we can pre order theses? Or Tuesday...

Slow red one

Look forward to seeing the prices tomo, hope it's not higher than £600!!! for payg obv.

Unless the 16GB is £500+ on PAYG, I'll have to get one now.

I'm going to guess between £429 and £449.

GF will be in the states before the UK launch, no doubt they will be cheaper over there?
Anyway, my question is, will a US bought iphone work here, or is unlocking/ jailbreaking needed?

E87 118d M Sport

Seems O2's site is 'down for maintenance' so wonder if that is iPhone updates or general stuff?

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member

Gotta say, the new software is awesome! If any of you have a mac and want it early, PM me...the multitasking is great and battery life seems way better!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Have to agree with phuzion! Withhis help on file location I just stuck the gm version on and Jesus it's so much better than it was before! Ios4 is a massive leap forwards! I think the new hardware will be tge cherry on top! But so far after playing around for 30 mins I worked out most of tge features and I'm massively impressed bit that impressed me most was going in to photo album and selecting places it brings up a google map showing where you took all the images then use pinch and zoom in on a pin and it shows exactly where it was taken! Actually shocked me how good just that feature is!!!!

Go cry to your momma!

I've been reading that 3G speeds on T-Mobile are slower than O2 so chances are I'll not bother switching if that is true. I'm not paying a additional £12.50 per month for HSDPA on T-Mobile.

Standard WnW (or whatever they're calling it these days) is limited to 3G speeds rather than being unrestricted HSDPA, luckily as I was with them when they started to offer HSDPA, they unrestricted me.
They limit the upstream too..

I'm not sure if there's anyway around it these days, I read that they weren't unrestricting people even if they pushed for it :(

Leon Cupra 300

Revels...

You guessing that it'll be 9am tomorrow can make the pre-orders?

I'm sure i read elsewhere that off of the Apple site crica 1am you could order?

I'm up for work at 2.30 tomorrow was kinda hoping to sneak a pre order in on O2 !

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Can you pre order PAYG? Anything over £500 and I will be keeping my 3gs

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

W00t. Just sold my 3GS on here. So I'm ready when you are, Apple.

Rolling with a Nokia 6500 Classic for a few weeks. LOL.

Mk4 .:R32

I'm rolling on an nokia E65...it's got 50mb storage, 2MP camera and WAP capabilities. I might just keep this and save my £500...

I'm rolling with a Samsung tocco lite.... it does not even have 3g... looking at web pages takes me all day lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Then a further 9 days, once we've ordered on the 15th. LOL.

:(

Clio 182

Why not just keep your 3gs and pre order the 4g like I am doing? Peasants...

E87 118d M Sport

I've got a friend who's facebook status is:

"£240 to end contract early, just sold 3G for £230...iPhone4 for £10!"

Obviously they misunderstood the deal.......when shall I tell him?

sdfgdfg

It's almost time!! I'm loving the O2 reduced rate upgrade offer, but does anyone know what that 'early upgrade' price is going to be? Noticed O2 are doing a phone recycling for cash, I had a look on this comparison tool and you can still get an ok price for your old iphones. http://www.comparemymobile.com/recycle/apple.html

I'm selling my iphone for £260, that should cover the swap cost! http://www.comparemymobile.com/recycle/apple/iphone-3gs-16gb.html

Also how cool is the new retina display!
http://mashable.com/2010/06/13/iphone-4-screen-pics/

E87 118d M Sport

does anyone know what that 'early upgrade' price is going to be?

The cost to end early is £20 per month for each month remaining on your contract.

Then you have to buy the phone at whatever price it will be for new customers on the tariff you choose. These prices have not been announced yet.

Last edited:
  Revels Mum & Sister

True. I feel like I'll be more at ease once my order is placed though haha. :cool:

You do realise this is a telephone and not an appointment for a replacement organ?

LY 182

You do realise this is a telephone and not an appointment for a replacement organ?

Really??

I've wanted one for ages and nearly got the 3GS a few months back but have held off for this. Pardon me for being excited. :approve:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

Imagine if they didn't do pre orderd after all! Lol
I can imagine quite a few people being very pissed! When do you reckon they will let you pre order ( I'm hoping for midnight etc)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

£580 from the sale of my iPhones.

Come on Apple. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.