ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Monaco 53/468
Didn't want to start another thread so thought I'd drop a quicky in here;

Anyone had experience in selling to CEX? Prices seem quite good but I'm sceptical.

Used mazuma before who were very good but they're offering £50 less than CEX at the mo

1.8 Civic EX
Mazuma are great

CEX are pikey's - they rfused my mates old 2g ages ago because it had a small scratch on the back. They said "it's clearly been dropped so the internals will be damaged"

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My excitement's worn off now, thanks to O2.

I'll just phone up on the 24th and get one for the week after. No biggie.

That's what they've reduced me to. A casual Apple fan.

C*nts.

Revels Mum & Sister
Winners bought 2 one to sell and one to keep. This profit combined with the money from selling my HTC will mean I get an iPhone4 for free on a £25 contract.

182 RB FF
Oh and you can all thank me for the pricing release as it was about 30 mins after sending them a message letting them know how many customers they are currently losing... ;)

E87 118d M Sport
Seems they arent doing price difference in handset for 24 month contracts (bar 100 contract), but having reduced tariff monthly costs

Mk4 .:R32
Is the glass front and back of the iphone 4 supposed to be more durable than the glass front of 3GS?

As I know a few people who have cracked/smashed the glass on their 3GS

LY 182
Happy with pricing. Just need to know if I can get the thing from my local store so I can book the morning / day off work. Hurry up 24th!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
FINE-A-LEEEEE

That's annoyed me though, I think I want an 18 month, £35 a month'er.

iPhone sells for £300

£140 on contract pay off
£180 for new phone

New iPhone costL £20

I did originally want to go PAYG, but now I'm finding it hard to justify...

Last edited:

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm happy, it's cheaper on a business tariff. :approve: I'll be able upgrade and make a few quid in the process by selling my old 16gb 3G.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
thank god for that although not releasing PAYG is a bit crap.

Can you upgrade online at the mo? Cant access it at work at the mo or is it o2 shop only?

E87 118d M Sport
I'm happy, it's cheaper on a business tariff. :approve: I'll be able upgrade and make a few quid in the process by selling my old 16gb 3G.

How does the business tariff work mate? Do you have to buy it through a business bank account? Have it registered in a business name?

182 RB FF
thank god for that although not releasing PAYG is a bit crap.

Can you upgrade online at the mo? Cant access it at work at the mo or is it o2 shop only?

No You can't website says go to a store on release day or phone up on release day, nothing about pre-ordering so I'll be taking the day off work!

Lee

BMW M2C
How does the business tariff work mate? Do you have to buy it through a business bank account? Have it registered in a business name?

God knows, I've been with o2 since they were Cellnet. I don't think they ever managed to merge the accounts, so anyone who's been with them a long time ended up on o2 business. To move over they would have to provide me a PAC and start me a fresh with o2!

They actually said I'm better off staying with them as I get access to all the best deals they can offer.

Clio 172 Mk2
i can't for the life of me understand what all the secrecy is about with the network providers, surely they all know their prices now so just sodding get them on there, they're not gaining anything by holding back apart from making customers angry

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ok so costing:

7 months left on iphone contract, £35 p/m 18 months, taking out new 18month'er same:

Total cost of PAYM: £630

7 months left on iphone contract, £35 p/m, switch to £20 simplicity for 11 months (for equality of 18 month duration):

Total cost of PAYG £645

(THIS IS ASSUMING THE O2 PAYG WILL BE £480 AS ORANGE IS)

Really wish I'd have just facking bought one from Apple now :( Could have sold it if I'd wanted.

But hey ho, I do have a friend in my local O2 store so with any luck I should be able to get one on release day.

Anyone else see O2 stores were opening at 7.02am and have now been pushed back to 8.02am?

1.8 Civic EX
pleased with those! means I made the right decision in buying the phone outright and getting a simplicity :) Saved myself about £140 in doing so I think, plus then I'm not on 18month so if i want the new phone again next year I wont have to pay 6 months of early cancellation charges too :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Is the glass front and back of the iphone 4 supposed to be more durable than the glass front of 3GS?

As I know a few people who have cracked/smashed the glass on their 3GS

Have you even looked at the iphone 4?

i.e been on the apple website? Seriously?

Or are you just a serious troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.