ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  FN2 Type R GT
will orange give me anything to get me onto their contract as opposed to o2, if i ring them and said im thinking about changing, not so much anything to do with contract as i know they cant alter prices etc but additional extras they might throw into the deal?

Track 172cup
decided i'm just going to keep my 3GS now as i just phoned up O2 and moved onto the new £30 a month tariff (300min, unlimited texts, unlimited data) and next month i'll be able to move down to the £25 a month tariff so will be able to save myself more than £20 a month (i usually go over my current text allowance), their new tariffs are much better

will be happy enough with the OS4 update till the iPhone 5 comes out next year

LY 182
I could buy it PAYG and go Simplicity but I know I'd be more than happy with the 4 for 24 months. This far reduces my initial outlay and means I can get other stuff I want. I'm used to paying £40 per month for a contract anyway so it's not a big change.

If the 4s or 5 or whatever it is turns out to be epic then I'll just have to buy it sim free like others have said.

Track 172cup
i think it'll be an iphone 4s not 5 until the following year, so 24 month contract would work nicely..

you know what i meant anyway, but yet they will more than definitley keep the same main body i would reckon and just add a few bits like the 3G/3GS versions

Nobody knows what next years will be.

You're basing it on a time when Apple had very little competition. Android is now a big competitor. To say it will simply be a 3GS type upgrade is naive.

LY 182
Nobody knows what next years will be.

You're basing it on a time when Apple had very little competition. Android is now a big competitor. To say it will simply be a 3GS type upgrade is naive.

Yeah Apple won't be able to rest on this forever that's for sure. Fair comment. Was talking about this earlier with a work colleague and wondering what else they could actually do with the phone though!

Track 172cup
it's called an opinion and it's not naive at all, if i had said it will be a completely new phone then you would have probably said i was being unrealistic, of course nobody knows what the next iPhone is going to be like, it's just speculation

i agree with what your saying about them having a lot more competition now but i think they will use basically the same body next year aswell, that doesnt mean any of the internals will be the same, just the outer casing

if they don't and it's a completely new phone then even better for all of us, i'll happily eat my words

Last edited:
  BMW E46 330i Touring
Apologies for the potentially supid question but I'm in work so can't check anywhere else...

Do all the networks do a Business tariff and are they similar to Orange's as far as we know? I may see if my Dad is happy contracting up a couple phones through his business, so he can contact me and the wife when we are needed for business-related stuff... :)

Golf R soon...
Could someone clarify for me...

I want the new iphone 4 32gb in black on Orange, right? Do I simply wait for Orange to contact me and get one or do I have to pre order one directly off the Apple site to use on Orange?

If that makes sense.

Just a thought, if the iPhone 3G is not being sold anymore what happens to those still in warranty and have a fault develop, a 3GS replacement?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Ive just sold my 3g 16gb to mazuma for £183.

Roll on 24th!, feck wasting the staff at 02's time, like they give a s**t if we think there crap for not updating the website, like anyone is going to move across because of that.

Must boil there piss when people call up about the same thing everyday lol!

Honda. Tesla Someday
so did I mate. Got an offer of £275 on here and nobody is interested in anything over £300. its a joke. The phone is virtually new. seen 16gb go for more than people are offering lol

I just sold a brand new SEALED 16GB 3GS on here for £300. It was a tough sale as well! Thats £300 POSTED for a brand new sealed 3GS 16Gb locked to o2.

S23

The Cleee-O
This may be a bit of a silly question, so I apologise in advance. :eek: But...

My contract ran out last November (been waiting for the iPhone 4 to come out so didn't upgrade or anything). I know which one I want (16GB Black, £35 pm, 24 Months), is it best to ring them up and try and get it done that way as a pre-order and delivered, or wait for it to become availiable on there website, or queue up at an obscene hour on the morning of the 24th to get one? lol.

Honda. Tesla Someday
by the way, went in to o2 today and picked up an iPad microsim. Can I use this as an iPhone 4 micro-sim??? It has a mobile number on the back of it and comes in a white box with the o2 logo, and it just says 'micro-sim' on the bottom of it.

If anything I can push out microsim, cut my original sim and place itin the normal sim sized cut out and use that as an adapter for the time being!

W00T!

This may be a bit of a silly question, so I apologise in advance. :eek: But...

My contract ran out last November (been waiting for the iPhone 4 to come out so didn't upgrade or anything). I know which one I want (16GB Black, £35 pm, 24 Months), is it best to ring them up and try and get it done that way as a pre-order and delivered, or wait for it to become availiable on there website, or queue up at an obscene hour on the morning of the 24th to get one? lol.

You can't pre-order.

You can queue with the masses or call them on 24th.

by the way, went in to o2 today and picked up an iPad microsim. Can I use this as an iPhone 4 micro-sim??? It has a mobile number on the back of it and comes in a white box with the o2 logo, and it just says 'micro-sim' on the bottom of it.

If anything I can push out microsim, cut my original sim and place itin the normal sim sized cut out and use that as an adapter for the time being!

W00T!

I f**king hope so. As that's what I have! LOL

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You will be able to use the iPad sim, just phone up and say "I have the micro sim with this phone number, xxxx, which is currently un registered, I'd like this sim card to have my phone number, which is xxxx.

Then use the adapter up until you get the new phone, that way you can change over asap :D

Oh and if you can't, o2 are retarded.

Sure I read somewhere earlier that you can't use an iPad microsim. Can't find the link at present.

You can't swap them round, because once it's activated for the iPad, it's not going to work in an iPhone.

But I think from the start, it will be fine. It's only branded as iPad as they couldn't acknowledge the existence of the iPhone4.

LY 182
Ah sorry I didn't read it through completely my bad! :eek:

On a side note.. will 02 sell these in store on a 1st come serve basis or would you need to reserve etc?

Thinking of just camping outside 02 early Thursday lol.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i was hoping to pre order and have one on the 24th but seeing as o2 arnt doing that now im a bit screwed as im NOT taking a day off work to go get a bloody phone and i doubt there will be any left come the weekend

I think that means that a sim that you've already used in an iPad, won't work. But mines new and never used.

I can't see any reason why it won't work. We shall wee. All else fails, I'll cut it up.

182 RB FF
I spoke to O2 earlier about how they work our their priority lists as Im currently on a silver tier aven though I spend £100 a month with them and have done for the past 5/6 years.

Anyway while on the phone I mentioned the micro sim and he said if you don't get one before the iphone is released you will get one with the phone.

Mk4 .:R32
the reservations section on the apple store says iphone unavailable (only checked for trafford centre though)

and now pre-orders are saying 2nd July...

Looks like there will be a lot of disappointed people. Unless they're holding back batches for people who want contracts and turn up on the launch day?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.