ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  BMW 330CI M SPORT
Is there any plans to ship out new batches of the iPhone 4 that solves the signal issue? I'm looking to buy one between now and December and don't know whether to wait a little or just get it now?!

I'm thinking the 16gb version on an 18th month contract with o2. Anybody else got this and confirm if picture messages are still counted as 4 text messages from your allowance?

No. There is no 'issue'. If you happen to get one of the very few faulty ones, take it back and they'll swap it.

MMS are charged now. Don't count as your allowance.

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Cheers Revels. That's the only thing to put me off, my current simplicity sim is unlimited texts (picture messaging included) and 1200 mins plus unlimited web use. A similar iPhone plan is £35-£45. Even though i have had every iPhone and been with them for about 7 years i doubt they will sort me a deal out! ha!

What does the facetime facility count as, call minutes?

Last edited:
  Audi S1
The buy out @ £20 period is over now Dan

I called o2 up on the 26th July. Said I wanted to upgrade and because I am a gold member I was able to. He said to me that that offer was over but he can sort it out seeing as I am a gold member. I managed to get the iPhone for £119 and upgrade free of charge, so none of that buying out crap I just extended my contract another 18months. To which I am now 21month contract.

Cheers Revels. That's the only thing to put me off, my current simplicity sim is unlimited texts (picture messaging included) and 1200 mins plus unlimited web use. A similar iPhone plan is £35-£45. Even though i have had every iPhone and been with them for about 7 years i doubt they will sort me a deal out! ha!

What does the facetime facility count as, call minutes?

No deals. They don't have the stock to deal with everyone who wants one, so they don't need to cave and do deals.

FaceTime is just normal minutes because the data part isn't handled by the phone network.

SLK 350
No. There is no 'issue'. If you happen to get one of the very few faulty ones, take it back and they'll swap it.

MMS are charged now. Don't count as your allowance.

There are issues, the proximity sensor is enough to make me want to throw it at the fking wall, granted it's software, but it's an issue. The attenuation is also an issue, despite what Apple claim, it just depends on how strong your signal is at the point that you choose to try and dial, my 3G will make calls in weak signal areas that my colleagues iP4 refuses to (both on Voda, tested from tube station), calling with 1-2 signal bars just failed. Seems like I'm not the only one.

Issue/Design Flaw/Fkup call it what you will, it exists.

I have this issue as well Hoff, but it doesn't cause me any issues, apart from me seeing the screen flash off and on while on the phone...

Tom mentioned it is being fixed in the 4.1 update.

Mini Cooper S
There are issues, the proximity sensor is enough to make me want to throw it at the fking wall, granted it's software, but it's an issue. The attenuation is also an issue, despite what Apple claim, it just depends on how strong your signal is at the point that you choose to try and dial, my 3G will make calls in weak signal areas that my colleagues iP4 refuses to (both on Voda, tested from tube station), calling with 1-2 signal bars just failed. Seems like I'm not the only one.

Issue/Design Flaw/Fkup call it what you will, it exists.

I wanted to throw it at the Genius Bar bellend.

SLK 350
Yeah JD, heard it was fixed, only took three releases . I'm sick of him hanging up on me/putting me on hold or on speaker phone during conversations, that said he holds it away from his face now.

If Apple spent less time 'proving' that other devices are affected by the 'Death Grip' and more time fixing the problems they have with their phone, it probably would have been fixed in 4.0.1.

I'm sticking with my retro 3G, they failed me.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
FaceTime is just normal minutes because the data part isn't handled by the phone network.

Just to add to that, the cellular connection is only open long enough to start the facetime connection, once the facetime connection is made the cellular connection is dropped, both voice and video go over WiFi.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Not yet, purely WiFi to WiFi.

It'll come in the future I expect.

My incase arrived today. Very basic and I prefer my bumper but can't complain as both were free!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Not yet, purely WiFi to WiFi.

It'll come in the future I expect.

My incase arrived today. Very basic and I prefer my bumper but can't complain as both were free!

The main reason I JB'd the iPhone 4. I can now FaceTime without wifi and it still works great.

Mk4 .:R32
Do we know what the 4.0.2 update does? Not done the 4.0.1 update yet, as I hear all it really does it alter the size/shape of the signal bars

Golf R/Leon FR
Got my Incase Clear from Apple yesterday, really nice case. Doesn't add any bulk to the phone and cant really notice it, and it was free :)

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Did anybody make the switch to the 3 network for the iPhone4?

I've just seen their plans and they seem really good. Better than o2, Orange etc

I'm going to try 3 come October when my O2 tariff ends.

As it's a month by month contract, If it's crap then I'll just look elsewhere!

Clio 182 FF
Did anybody buy their iphone 4 from the carphone warehouse and do you know if it came unlocked, im looking to sell my iphone 4 which i got on an upgrade but i have nobody close to try a different microsim in it.
i got it on orange it has no branding at all.
any help would be amazing

thanks

On a contract I'm pretty sure they're locked.

Only the ones direct from Apple without a contract as unlocked.

Last edited:
  BMW 330CI M SPORT
Has anybody taken the 12 month Tesco plan out for the iPhone 4? If so, how are you finding it?

The £35 plan sounds like a great deal.

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Is that how long it's supposed to be?! Not good, maybe three is the way to go then...all the other networks are far too expensive.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Has anybody taken the 12 month Tesco plan out for the iPhone 4? If so, how are you finding it?

The £35 plan sounds like a great deal.

Mate of mine is on it and said it's spot on. It's just o2 really.

Down side being if you go over your allowance they absolutely spank you apparently.

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Sounds good!

I'll be okay with the allowance, i'm only taking out a new contract to reduce the cost of the phone and Tesco's price works out by far the cheapest overall, especially as it's only a 12 month contract.

Only problem is waiting now...

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
He waited 1 week and that was 3 weeks after release. He just went in store and called them a fair bit until they had one for him

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Is that how long it's supposed to be?! Not good, maybe three is the way to go then...all the other networks are far too expensive.
Well iwent into my local one and theysaid the waiting list was 100+ (aprox 10 weeks they said)

Status
Not open for further replies.