ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Scirocco 2.0 tsi

I'm not saying thats incorrect, but take what Gizmodo report with a pinch of salt, they've got a vendetta against Apple now and have been giving them alot of negative press since the whole prototype iphone, seized computers fiasco so I don't tend to read too much into their articles about negative apple things.

The fact it's not on Apple Insider or Engadget yet raises an eyebrow for me aswell, if the story turns up on there it'd be more reliable.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
So, since people have had the phone a little while now. What's the verdict, is the antenna issue really that troublesome, or is it easily avoidable? I did try and read some of the previous pages, but since I haven't been on here a while there's a lot to get through. So apologies if this has been mentioned repeatedly.

I'm on the verge of getting one from Orange, which actually seems to be the best all round deal imo. Apart from the fact it a 24 month contact!! Just starting to wonder if it's going to be a wise move.

Honda. Tesla Someday
So, since people have had the phone a little while now. What's the verdict, is the antenna issue really that troublesome, or is it easily avoidable? I did try and read some of the previous pages, but since I haven't been on here a while there's a lot to get through. So apologies if this has been mentioned repeatedly.

I'm on the verge of getting one from Orange, which actually seems to be the best all round deal imo. Apart from the fact it a 24 month contact!! Just starting to wonder if it's going to be a wise move.

I LOVE my iPhone! No issues at all!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I LOVE my iPhone! No issues at all!

Me too, Granted, it does drop a bar or 2 on the signal BUT OVERALL the signal is better than the 3G I had before. My area is shocking for signal most of the time, so it's doing well.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Me too, Granted, it does drop a bar or 2 on the signal BUT OVERALL the signal is better than the 3G I had before. My area is shocking for signal most of the time, so it's doing well.

Yep!! My 3G used to kill me with signal issues! This has been amazing, and web browsing is crazily fast!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I tested my iPhone 4 with a cut down to size T-Mobile PAYG sim last night. I was happy to see that my iPhone is most definitely sim free and in comparison to o2 the signal with T-Mobile must be much stronger where I live because I could not get the signal to drop while covering the lower left of the handset. With o2 it has dropped in every location I have tested it.

Likewise.

Sneeks, Ben172 and I both found our cut down versions of Vodafone's sim cards don't work, so interested to see the T-Mobile worked!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
my iPhone 4 signal is weird, in work its much improved, rarely get anything but perfect signal with 3G.

At home the phone can be sat on my desk in the same place and at times get full signal or no signal, the same downstairs on the sofa.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Likewise.

Sneeks, Ben172 and I both found our cut down versions of Vodafone's sim cards don't work, so interested to see the T-Mobile worked!

Yeah it is perfect and I didn't even take much care when I cut it :D

14th of July was the date I was told that the 4 would be back in stock with Vodafone on contract. End of July for PAYG.

So not likely.

T-Mobile price plans, announced tomorrow:

iphonetmobile.jpg

The data allowances are gonna have no run on rates as they are just fair use policies. I imagine they will restrict your speed if you go over them though

Z4
Unless you buy one from eBay. Nope.

whhhhat, why on earth do the contract peeps get the phone way before I do when I'm shelling out the monies there and then! No fair :(

Is there an official date anywhere then? All seems a little bit confusing for a faffing phone..

Golf R soon...
whhhhat, why on earth do the contract peeps get the phone way before I do when I'm shelling out the monies there and then! No fair :(

Is there an official date anywhere then? All seems a little bit confusing for a faffing phone..

Do you mean more intelligent in that I ordered it on the net in 5 minutes :rasp:

Status
Not open for further replies.