ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS5 Question

Honda. Tesla Someday
Nope, no different to just rebooting the phone, it's a 44mb update, just like applying a windows update really.

I think I read it reduces your message limit down to 1000 on the phone and if you have more the phone explodes ;)

Lol you b@stard! :rofl:

320d M Sport
How do I download the update then if I don't need to plug the phone in? I know it's over the air but how do I initiate that?

BMW F31
Anybody have any issues with the update? Mine updated fine but lost half of my music, had to reconnect it to the computer and sync the music back onto it.

Pain in the arse tbh.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Has to be done over wi-fi as its a 44mb download.

Took me a total of 6 mins to fully download and install the update. Did not lose any data etc. Thank f*ck.

edit: its completely independant when updating over the air. Your computer does not have to be on or anything.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Safe to say the update has made no difference to my battery life, still unable to last a day.
5ec57f63-6b05-a3ba.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
hmmm, i'm the opposite, rolling with a classic iPhone 4 and after a busy day have 80% left.

I would normally have around 30-40% since iOS5 came out, so i'm happy so far.
phones a lot quicker too

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I've just updated my misses' iPhone 4 to the new software but it keeps crashing. When she tries to text someone it will go back to the home screen and lose all the text. Any ideas?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I used the install via handset, I'm impressed that a phone can update itself.

I'll see if the battery fix has worked over the next few days.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I'm on 6% now with

12hr 37min standby
5hr 32 min usage

Lots of youtube upload, vid playback and video using flash.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
helped my battery slightly, still not awesome tho but at least its lasting all day now so its charging at night

CBR1000RR Fireblade
My battery life has significantly improved today. So has my mrs 3GS, although bizarrely her 3GS battery life life is slightly better than my 4.

I've not got ios5 and I want it. My 3GS is jailbroken with ios4 with a programme called sn0wbreeze which I believe is from the makers of redsn0w. What do I have to do, step-by-step? I'll give anyone that can help a hug :)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
My first charge on on IOS 5.0.1 has essentially doubled my battery life from IOS5.

Yesterday I got 5 hours use and 14 hours standby before my handset switched itself off, it's a very good update IMO

BMW E46 330i Touring
My battery life is much better.

CBA to paste a picture but I have 46% left with usage of 4.5 hours and 1 day 4 hours standby.

My iPhone 4 has never gone 48 hours between charges. It might today.

dk

911 GTS Cab
What determines usage in the stats, how are people actually using their phones for 5 hours a day?

Has anyone noticed wifi intermittently dropping on their iPhone recently? (not necessarily since the update)

I've had O2 send me emails twice in the past couple of weeks saying that I'm very close to exceeding my 3G bandwidth. When I'm at home, where I should be connected to my wifi. I don't think its a problem with my router as everything else is not having the same issue.