ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 TCE Fuel injector problems

Clio Mk3 1.2 TCE
Hi, first post, here we go. I have a 2009 mk3 clio 1.2 tce. It was running with a misfire so I changed the plugs, leads and coil pack but the issue continued. I have now changed the corresponding fuel injector and the old one was full of crap not letting much fuel through so I think that was the problem. However, even though the car performs better now it still isn’t perfect. So my question is does the fuel injector need to be coded in? It is a Bosch injector and the part number is 0280158335. Any help is massively appreciated. Thank you!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
no the injectors arent coded in. if one was full of crap the rest may be too. lambda sensors failing can also cause crap idle and running.

did you get the codes read before firing the parts cannon at it?

Clio Mk3 1.2 TCE
I read the codes at work and it said I have a misfire on cylinder one. Swapping plugs and leads didn’t do anything but I replaced them all anyway as they were a little tired out. I removed the whole fuel rail when swapping the injector and the only one that was blocked was the one that I replaced. How hard is a lambda sensor to remove? Is that most likely my problem? It suffers from a lack of power on acceleration and even hesitates sometimes when at higher revs upon accelerating.