ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS5 Question

RB One Eight Two
Is it released today? And will we have to download it through iTunes or the website?

Yes and either, although you will still need iTunes either way. Probably early evening in the UK. You will have to update to the newest version of iTunes which came out yesterday to install it.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Downloaded iTunes 10.5 last night to save delay today should there be a manic rush laster on.

Interface is totally the same though..

Last edited:
  RB One Eight Two
Cheers guys, I will download the latest version of iTunes at some point today then.

Suzuki Jimny
Think i'm going to wait a week to get this, last update took around 4 hours to download and install :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Thankfully its the last big update. Future updates (with the possible exception of iOS 6) will be a tenth of that and done directly on the device.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Thankfully its the last big update. Future updates (with the possible exception of iOS 6) will be a tenth of that and done directly on the device.

Yeah i read about this somewhere. Good news..

TBH i don't think im going to bother with the update on my 3gs tonight. In two days time ill have it pre installed on the 4S. Will make it feel even newer....

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Bit confused. iTunes can't find any update for 10.5 and the iTunes section on apple.com says iTunes 10.5 coming soon....

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I thought I'd be holding out for my 4S, but the first thing I'll do once I'm home from work is download 5 :)

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
Theres not really any setting up to do. You can log into it with your Apple ID button only find your phone is active the rest needs to accessed via iOS5 or Lion first. At work so can't try the Lion side of it yet.

https://www.icloud.com/

My iPhone 4 has only been connected to my mac when I first got it. I never bother syncing it.

So, am I right in thinking when I sync it to install iOS 5.0 I'll then have all my settings and apps etc from before, when I enter my apple ID or summink? A la the new 'no computer needed' part of iOS 5.0. I seriously cannot be arsed doing it manually again (my apps etc are stored on another comp).

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Snowbreeze can JB ios5 GM, installed it on my 3GS but had to go back to 4.3.2 as carrier unlock doesn't work yet!

200 Gordini
TBH i don't think im going to bother with the update on my 3gs tonight. In two days time ill have it pre installed on the 4S. Will make it feel even newer....

This was my plan too, I really can't see myself sticking to it though.

BMW F31
Anyone remember whether "find my friends" app is coming to the UK? A few sites say its live but I cant see it on the app store?

AK

M240i
That was my next port of call, honest! lol cheers

Edit. can't see it on my iCloud account just yet, I'll wait and see.

d4b78029-bc84-26c2.jpg

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Am I right or wrong in thinking that if an iPhone is the only piece of Apple equipment you have, it's pretty much redundant? Not too sure what other features are in it tbh.