ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS5 Question

SQ5
No. You will lose any jail break and/or unlock. I think the question was more "why do you want it jail broken?"

Correct Roy.

I can't see many reason or Jailbreaking now as all iPhones can now be unlock AFAIK. Or your getting free apps you should be paying for ;)

Everything about iOS 5 is nifty. It continues to impress me every day.

The cloud is simply biblical. The way everything stays synced across devices works so well. I set a reminder on my iPad, and then I'm out and about the following day and my iPhone reminds me. Wonderful!

SQ5
Yea Cloud is awesome, bookmarked something at work the other day, came home and went on the iPad and it was already there!

Any phone that's a year old you can get unlocked free. Fairly sure new ones can be as well.

I'm a high roller so always bought from Apple, unlocked ;)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Has anyone noticed wifi intermittently dropping on their iPhone recently? (not necessarily since the update)

I've had O2 send me emails twice in the past couple of weeks saying that I'm very close to exceeding my 3G bandwidth. When I'm at home, where I should be connected to my wifi. I don't think its a problem with my router as everything else is not having the same issue.
i've been having this problem over the last few days and its pissing me off.

I have had router issues in the past that seemed as though it was the phone but wasn't. Try using a fixed IP. I have found some DHCP servers have a problem with reliably dishing out IPs to IOS devices.

BMW F21 125d
Ok need CS to help me out here.
I'm running IOS 5.0.1 fine on my 4, but my mate has just updated on his 3GS and now his phone is rebooting all the time, totally random, can be 2 mins, 5 mins or 15 mins. Done a bit of unsuccessful googling - anyone else had similar issues?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Restore from itunes. Only way to know if its anything other than software.

My iPhone is factory unlocked. It was more for the free apps tbh... will I lose them if I download ios5 and it's not jailbroken?

BMW F31
I've found an annoying glitch in iOS 5.0.1, do a soft reset on the handset using power & home buttons, and it will put all your folders/apps back on page 1 if you have them on page 2 and like to keep a clean screen normally.

Annoying have to shift all the folders back to page 2 etc.

SQ5
I've found an annoying glitch in iOS 5.0.1, do a soft reset on the handset using power & home buttons, and it will put all your folders/apps back on page 1 if you have them on page 2 and like to keep a clean screen normally.

Annoying have to shift all the folders back to page 2 etc.

Not noticed that but I'm the same, have one folder on first page with the main Apple Icons then three next to it!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I am on os5.1 on on my 3GS everything is fine except when using my iPod the run time slider thingy has disappeared, I have restored it but still not back , anyone else had this or how to get it back ?
Cheers

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
One for CS.

Can I sync my iCloud with my gmail. It's the contacts that are annoying me, as when I add a contact now, it adds it to one or the other, not both.

Suggestions?

AK

M240i
Put all your contacts into Gmail. Add Gmail as an exchange account on your iPhone.

That's how I've got it anyway.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Put all your contacts into Gmail. Add Gmail as an exchange account on your iPhone.

That's how I've got it anyway.

I have them in there, but they sync'd with the cloud. Now I'd just like to have them sunc'd across gmail and iCloud.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
As an example, my mate text me on a new number, so I saved that from the message, which saved to gmail exchange. I also added another number manually which added to iCloud. Surely there must be a way to add contacts across all contact groups?

That's ignoring the duplicates because of stuff being on my phone as well.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well no because there is no link between gmail and iCloud (other than your phone)

Did you set gmail as your default contact holder in settings?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I can't remember.

I'll just set it as exchange as I can't access the iCloud outside of my phone anyway due to being on XP.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Another question:

My mate had a temporary number while changing network, which I saved as 'mate new'. He is now apparently back on his old number 'mate'. When I text him on his 'mate' number, I get iMessage replies from 'mate new', but my messages are definitely going as texts to 'mate'.

His issue or mine?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
LOL.

1 each now, yeah? x

Lol, what I told you was literally the peak of my technical knowledge.

I can design a warehouse, but I can barely switch a computer on without f**king it up.

I used my mate's mac the other day, it was painful to watch.

Same with installous? Stealing is naughty. Sharing isn't ;)
im on ios5 with jailbreak (tethered unfortunately)

theres a way to fool itunes that the apps on your phone actually came from the store iirc you right click your iphone in itunes and transfer purchases

worked for me to stop them getting deleted every sync even if its just whatsapp i have atm

AK

M240i
Quick (n00b) question.

What do I need to convert my films to to stick them on the iPad?

What program can I use for Win-dohs.

DCi
I don't know when this feature was introduced and it may have been there all the time but I'll share anyway...

The other day my gf's baby nephew put his hand on my iPad and managed to slide from safari to a game and we were like wtf how did he do that and I've just worked it out...

If you put 4 fingers on the screen and drag to the side you can quickly switch apps! As far as we can see it only works on iPad

Handy...

LY Megane R26
I don't know when this feature was introduced and it may have been there all the time but I'll share anyway...

The other day my gf's baby nephew put his hand on my iPad and managed to slide from safari to a game and we were like wtf how did he do that and I've just worked it out...

If you put 4 fingers on the screen and drag to the side you can quickly switch apps! As far as we can see it only works on iPad

Handy...

That's awesome!

AK

M240i

Handy...

Brought in with iOS 5, I think.