ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction kit vs air box

clio sport 182
my old car was a v6 mondeo and the no 1 rule was an induction kit made the car run badly as there was a lot of heat under the bonnet from the engine, what is the best upgrade to do for a 182, is it an uprated panel filter or is there a type of induction kit that seems to work best, what does every one else use

106 GTI
Depends what you want.

If your after a roar then a simota would fit the bill
If you want bling then an expensive maxogen is what your after
Others prefer the standard box with uprated panel filter

If you have a search there should be literally thousands of results all argueing about whats best

audi a6 3.0tdi
i've always personally prefered open induction kits as it helps sooth out the power rather than having to wait for the 5k kick. A lot of people will dissagree with this due to heat soak but if you look at any of the big power 500+ cars they all use open induction cones.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Buy a V6 airbox from Renault and an ITG filter from merlin motorsport. One of the best value airbox mods :)

Lionel Richie
stock airbox on this old girl
DSC_0036-1.jpg

and she still did 192.8bhp and 160lbs/ft (428's)

Had a Viper(closed induction kit) on mine for a short while and the car felt strangled and restricted, reverted back to the standard airbox with an ITG panel filter and it felt alot better. Ph-1 airbox with an ITG panel filter seems to be a popular choice.

Golf GTD Mk7
breather mods don't make much difference no matter what you go for really. I found that with my K&N cone that it sucked oil out the crank breather (more than standard) and chocked the engine a little. V6 airbox when i've tested mine seemed to work just as good as the standard setup, maybe a little bit of extra grunt.

clio sport 182
with regards to the espace v6 air box, which model is the preferred box as there is a few v6 models or are all v6s the same size.

Not got a car
i've always personally prefered open induction kits as it helps sooth out the power rather than having to wait for the 5k kick. A lot of people will dissagree with this due to heat soak but if you look at any of the big power 500+ cars they all use open induction cones.

lol

Clio 172 turbo
my 172 has got a itg panel filter and 80mm bore ducting going straight into the air box from the fog light , and a powerflow exhaust and my car was faster than my mates 182 which a full magnex with racing cat and k & N tyfoon induction kit .... he sold it and put stand air box back on before he sold the car and said his air box was better than the induction kit