ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icemans Britcar Endurance project 182

BMW Z4
Just rang Custom cages and it seems they are off on holiday for the whole week so that's another week I have to wait :(

Evo 5 RS
the whole week? Blimey alright for some!
On the plus side though you get what you pay for, will be worth the wait I'm sure

Golf GTD Mk7
Presents are always nice :approve: Should be putting it back together soon then mate. Looking forward to it.

Qashcow
Don't get anything at the moment by the sounds of it :(

Seriously seriously hate waiting on other people to get stuff done, I'd say that's 90% of te reason I've tried/done everything myself.

Nice list of parts arriving, certainly larger than most :D

TrackCar & F30 330d
As long as you have all the tools and parts you'll able to rebuild it nice and quick.

Is 1degree negative camber on the rear going to be enough for you? Most race cars/track cars are running more like 3 on the rear! We could all have too much for all I know I havnt driven mine with that amount on but iirc the burpspeed race car had a similar amount.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
As long as you have all the tools and parts you'll able to rebuild it nice and quick.
Is 1degree negative camber on the rear going to be enough for you? Most race cars/track cars are running more like 3 on the rear! We could all have too much for all I know I havnt driven mine with that amount on but iirc the burpspeed race car had a similar amount.

i run 3degs on mine....

172 Race Car
Real shame you have to hide that lovely flywheel in the bell housing.

Its probably a +1 deg shim. remember there is some camber in the axle as stock. You'd have to ask Tony or Fred what ours is running now as weve just re-done it

Monaco Blue Clio 172
Have you thought about your lighting yet? I run 2 Seat Supacopa's in Britcar and other endurance championships and the lightpods with PIAA set up on each car work out about £2.5/£3k alone. When your running for about 3 hours constantly at code 60 in Silverstones pea soup fog at 2am then you have all the time in the world to regret a poor decision on lighting!! Also whats your plans for the fuel tank? You can fit a huge ATL tank but Brit car regs only allow you to fill a maximum of 100 litres per stop.

Car is looking great by the way keep up the good work but unfortunatly I know what its going to come back looking like after 24hrs!!!!! Made a start on stripping ours last week after the Dubai 24hr in January and one does not have a straight pannel on the entire car...

Oh an another thing before you get too far in building it back up, invest in some lockwire and do just about every nut on the suspension for peace of mind for the whole 24hrs ;)

BMW Z4
Have you thought about your lighting yet? I run 2 Seat Supacopa's in Britcar and other endurance championships and the lightpods with PIAA set up on each car work out about £2.5/£3k alone. When your running for about 3 hours constantly at code 60 in Silverstones pea soup fog at 2am then you have all the time in the world to regret a poor decision on lighting!! Also whats your plans for the fuel tank? You can fit a huge ATL tank but Brit car regs only allow you to fill a maximum of 100 litres per stop.

Car is looking great by the way keep up the good work but unfortunatly I know what its going to come back looking like after 24hrs!!!!! Made a start on stripping ours last week after the Dubai 24hr in January and one does not have a straight pannel on the entire car...

Oh an another thing before you get too far in building it back up, invest in some lockwire and do just about every nut on the suspension for peace of mind for the whole 24hrs ;)

Yeh I looked at some light pods and came up with your figures so not cheap. Fuel tank will be 100 litre but wont be done till next year. Guess it will be ATL with nice plumbing :)

The lockwire idea sounds good and yes I will do that once we are approaching our first enduro event. This year and part of next is getting me and the drivers 6 sigs and some experience, not to mention fun :)

I like the look of A048's :) They seem to get a good review all round along with the new Dunlop Direzza

Clio
Iceman

From April 2011 you now need a Nat A license to race in Britcar Production.

You need to check if this new MSA rule will be different for the 24 Hour.........but I doubt it

You may end up spending big money on a car and have no race....unless you are already going for 6 race signatures on a Nat B license prior to the 24 hour.

BMW Z4
Iceman

From April 2011 you now need a Nat A license to race in Britcar Production.

You need to check if this new MSA rule will be different for the 24 Hour.........but I doubt it

You may end up spending big money on a car and have no race....unless you are already going for 6 race signatures on a Nat B license prior to the 24 hour.

We are now looking at the Dubai endurance series as previosuly stated, it's cheaper by a longgg margin. This year and all next year I will be running in some of the following to gain sigs and experience.

Track day Trophy
Track Day Cup
Tin Tops

Mark

Qashcow
I suspect wheel design makes a huge difference too, wonder if wheel manufacturers have details on individual rims...

BMW Z4
HI Guys

I am accumulating a LOT of valuable parts in my garage and when the car comes back that aswell. How do Insure that? How do you insure that?

BMW Z4
Were split rims invented so when a race car damages the rim it can be easily changed without throwing the whole wheel away?

Last edited:
  BMW Z4
PS

I have Been quoted £700 to paint the interior white. Do you think that a lot? I have no idea myself, this is from the motorsports company near Custom cages. Car might be back with me Thursday by the way if I don't opt for that paint.

Yozz'd up 182
Sounds pricey for that. Im sure people have sprayed the inside themselves on here before?

182cup & 172 racecar
PS

I have Been quoted £700 to paint the interior white. Do you think that a lot? I have no idea myself, this is from the motorsports company near Custom cages. Car might be back with me Thursday by the way if I don't opt for that paint.

I was quoted not far off that from a mate who does all Prodrive stuff,did it my self in the end,wish I hadn't,it's a real ballache getting around the rollcage etc.

Good luck.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
£700 for an interior paint...lol
yer thats far to much in my opinion... £200 max surely
spose depends how much prep it needs

as for split rims i have got a lovely set of custom splits (to fit a clio), with track rubber on and in 16"....
sounds like we are thinking along the same lines...

message me if you want offsets or to offer a stupid price for them.

Last edited:
  TrackCar & F30 330d
You can get laid up insurance from some companies. Basically Insures the car if it's stolen or burnt to a crisp in your garage but can't go on the road.

I suppose your right about the split rims. Our formula student race car had magnesium split rims and they were a right pain I'm the ar** because we couldn't get the tyres put on easily with out splitting them up first. Bit of a fiddle!

OZ ultraleggers are are light and cheapsish

I got my interiour sprayed for £300 + £30 to remove the rear glass, it was cash in hand and I did all the prep myself (ball ache) and I gave the car already to spray up.

Qashcow
I'm in the wrong business, going to buy myself a paint shop I think!

Id have said that was over priced, I paid £200 for my roof, side trims and spoiler to be prepped and painted to an exterior quality. I admit that the interior is harder to paint but it wouldn't need clearcoat or polishing etc.

I think split rims came about with the need to have different width wheels easily producable