ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icemans Britcar Endurance project 182

BMW Z4
Do the brembo calipers easily fit the mk2's? Are the brackets readily available? Do you mind me asking how much you paid for them also, or did you get them through Matt?

Most of this stuff has come through Matt who is my technical advisor, coffee supplier, general sounding board and all round oh knowledgable one :)

The calipers have had new brackets made up for them so they fit also from Matt. I think the calipers were £175 each plus brackets on top of that and then discs and ally bells which have also been made special.

BMW Z4
Ah, wasn't sure. Pictures on websites are decieving. Thanks mate

Yes I noticed that, on all the sites I looked at they use a reperasentative image that looks like your getting coilovers front rear. The difference between V1 and V2 is that V2 are adjutable front and rear. Matt told me that the Clio can run a coilover on the rear BUT the mount point is weak and can fail/bend. I think only AST do a coilover rear for my car.

Stage 3 Spec Fiesta RST
All done mate
DSC05782.jpg

DSC05781.jpg

DSC05780.jpg

DSC05779.jpg

The de-mister vents have been removed, cleaned and left gloss black as this will stand out much better and help contrast against the flocked dash.
Hope you like it.

BMW Z4
That looks quality :) Very pleased, lots of bubble wrap so it dont get scratched in transit methinks ha ha.

I was gonna do all the vents in orange? What do you think?

Golf GTD Mk7
Nice work Autoflock :approve: Looks bang on that. Just need to sort your wiring out (or is Matt supplying that?) to make it look neat and tidy. Will look good mate

Yes I noticed that, on all the sites I looked at they use a reperasentative image that looks like your getting coilovers front rear. The difference between V1 and V2 is that V2 are adjutable front and rear. Matt told me that the Clio can run a coilover on the rear BUT the mount point is weak and can fail/bend. I think only AST do a coilover rear for my car.

Always good to know :D

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Howdy guys,
Iceman have you looked into my thread / at my flocked dash... I would highly advise against keeping the vents panited in any colour, the whole idea of flock is to reduce glare, having the vents in there painted will act like a watch on a sunny day

can they not be flocked (possibly in a funky colour?)

BMW Z4
Nice work Autoflock :approve: Looks bang on that. Just need to sort your wiring out (or is Matt supplying that?) to make it look neat and tidy. Will look good mate

Always good to know :D

Matt is doing the wiring Jonny once I get the car back together.

BMW Z4
Howdy guys,
Iceman have you looked into my thread / at my flocked dash... I would highly advise against keeping the vents panited in any colour, the whole idea of flock is to reduce glare, having the vents in there painted will act like a watch on a sunny day

can they not be flocked (possibly in a funky colour?)

Ah yes good point. I will leave them in black then for the moment.

M135i and the shed
Dash looks top notch. Was looking at Naiths Autoflock dash board at the weekend and the finish is really tidy. :)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Most of this stuff has come through Matt who is my technical advisor, coffee supplier, general sounding board and all round oh knowledgable one :)

The calipers have had new brackets made up for them so they fit also from Matt. I think the calipers were £175 each plus brackets on top of that and then discs and ally bells which have also been made special.

i'd be interested in brembo's if the brackets were readily available.... Theyd make me look super cool =]

172 Race Car
^ is that what we got? Ours look fine, (They are see through and keep the wind out, what more do they need to be)

Qashcow
They're simple enough to make, where did the calipers come from? 270+bhp is starting to increase the braking distance at the extra speeds lol

Qashcow
Camskill seem to be the cheapest but have little or no toyos in stock at the mo as the plant is in sendai. Mind you I've been looking for 15's, not 16's.

Will give Matt a text, I need brembo's in my life

340i
Camskill seem to be the cheapest but have little or no toyos in stock at the mo as the plant is in sendai. Mind you I've been looking for 15's, not 16's.

Will give Matt a text, I need brembo's in my life

The calipers pop up on eBay every now and again ;)

BMW Z4
Yeh I was going to try Yokas although on Tweeks they seem to be a lot of money. CamSkill have an AWFULL website, reminds me of the early days on the net when I had a 33.6 modem and thought I knew a bit og HTML LOL. They have some Yokas listed as a track tires but no prices. Yeh website with no prices about as usefull as a chocolate teapot!

I find it amazing how much money there is in racing tires and yet there appears not to be one decent website in the UK catering for them LOL. I might look into that and add it to my 2011 project list!

What sizes in width for racing? 195, 205 or 225??

Qashcow
I found 205's rubbed slightly on 15 inch oz f1 wheel with no spacers and on coilovers, although as it's a race car it isn't much of a concern. camskill site it oldskool but they're quick to respond and free delivery on 2+ tyres. Literally replied about 40 seconds after I emailed them on Tuesday

Golf GTD Mk7
slicks or semi's *giggity* ;) Can never remember the correct profiles for slicks (random compared to road tyres).

BMW Z4
Easter Update

Hi Guys

Well im still waiting for the car to come back from Custom Cages!!!! Don't get me started.

Anyway one day no doubt they will bother to ring me, probably when they want their 2.5K and I will get my car back but in the meantime I have had a lot of parts delivered, sort of a weekly thing this at the moment as I want all the bits ready to go on for when the cars does finally make it back to me.

So Christmas seems to come weekly for me at the moment

Christmas.jpg

The Air Con delete kit

AirCon_Delete_Kit.jpg

Some brackets for it

Bracket%201.jpg

No idea how this fits on mind you :) The fun of rebuidling a car is that you forget how it all came apart.

The Cup Alternator which I guess is better than the standard one.

Cup%20Alternator.jpg

K Tech engine mounts

Engine%20Mounts.jpg

Engine%20Mounts%202.jpg

A nice rather expensive load of fluids from Opie

Fluids.jpg

My Nice Oreca door liners in matt black. I have the rear ones too, going to put some stickers on them once I get them in. I also have a nice anodised fitting kit coming from tweeks.

Oreca%20Door%20Liners.jpg

My ever so bling lightened flywheel curtesy of Matt

Lightened%20Fly.jpg

Lightened%20Fly%202.jpg

Plastic gaskets to go on my matched inlet (coming from K tech)

Plastic%20Gaskets.jpg

My plugs and leads

Plugs%20and%20Leads.jpg

The rear camber shims 1.0 degree I think

Rear%20Shims.jpg

And finally my Samco hoses

Samco_Hoses.jpg

I have a Samco elbow and 19mm ally pipe coming from tweeks (thanks Chrispy as I took that idea from your thread) and a few other bits are in transit.

I also took my BTCC top mounts to my mates workshop, he makes all the radical stuff and is now making me an adjustable top plate for them :)

I know you want to see pics of the car with all this stuff being put on it :) But like me you'll just have to wait a bit longer I guess.

Mark.

Last edited: