ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

having come from a impreza what are clios like in the snow

Passat
You said that good drivers and bad drivers can't generate traction where there is none.

By saying a diffrent vehicle yes your right, but with trucks they have plenty more torque and more horses under the bonnet to pull 44 tonne uphill, so it's alot easier to lose traction.
They don't use appropriate tyres like spikes or massive grips there standard truck tyres.

My point in this is good drivers are able to drive a vehicle and gain traction most of the time.

Ice road truckers use winter tyres mate. End of. They may not have studs in them but they are certainly a softer compound. It makes an enormous difference

2002 clio 172
That surprises me to be honest! An old Audi A4 quattro I used last year was superb in the snow, seemed to go anywhere! It had cheap no-brand tyres with plenty of tread.

nicks right they are rubbish in the snow! but the 4 wheel drify was cool :approve:

120d M Sport
LOL Roy on his soapbox about Winter tyres again. Winter tyres make you invincible in the snow iirc.

I agree to an extent, I bet they are a necessity on a 300+ hp Focus RS which would otherwise be a nightmare in the snow. Likewise for a lot of rear wheel drive cars; both my parents Mercedes are like beached whales on our drive for the winter. Even getting them off a snowy drive is a problem, so it's a no go-er.

I'm unconvinced that it's necessary for a lot of smaller, lower powered cars though. Never had a problem with either my Clio, Fiesta or 106. In fact, last winter my old dear pinched my 106 GTI off me to commute to work and back in everyday and was chuffed with how well it did. 14" skinny wheels ftw lol!

Last edited: