ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From Campus too...

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Did the coilovers get sorted out then, btw cant wait till i get a bmc, lol

weecraig

320d
I'm a big fan of this car mate. Realy like the way your going with it. Wish i'd have modded my 1.2 now.

Did the coilovers get sorted out then, btw cant wait till i get a bmc, lol

weecraig

It looks like I've got the refund!
But saying that I still have the coilovers and haven't heard from the comapny about returning them, so I'm gonna wait till I do before purchasing new ones. ;)

Oh yeah they're throaty alright! :D

I'm a big fan of this car mate. Realy like the way your going with it. Wish i'd have modded my 1.2 now.

Thankyou! :)

Charged Superleggera
looking good mate. glad you like the induction kit. does sound mint. was in in kirkaldy last night for a wee drive but didnt see you about.

looking good mate. glad you like the induction kit. does sound mint. was in in kirkaldy last night for a wee drive but didnt see you about.

Thankyou. :)

Yeah Ben sent me a text but I was partying unfortunately! :rasp:
The car currently has no sideskirts or sidestrips either, and hasn't been washed in 2 weeks!

Update on the coils. Speebox are arguing that I didn't state my car was a Campus, which I have if you look at the 3rd Vmaxx group buy.

And is also stated on the reset as:

Plumber Campus 52mm.

I get the feeling I'm not going to get it though so there may be some new vmaxx coils for sale soon for £350. ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Big improvement over standard.

Hate the campus rear, really glad you put the 172 one on :)

DSCF0226.jpg

Why do the rear headrests look different to mine and every other clio i have seen?

Caterham 270R
What a great thread and story

What you can do when you put your mind on it and put in the hours

Well done looks brilliant.........

What a great thread and story

What you can do when you put your mind on it and put in the hours

Well done looks brilliant.........

Thankyou! :)

Right looks like I'm not getting a refund, so I'm going to machine some spacers at my work to fit them, pissed off is not the word.

Contemplating stiffer springs for the rear as I occasionally use the car for luggage and from what I'm told, the Vmaxx's are very soft! (may even just keep the Eibach's on the rear!)

UPDATE:

Coilovers are on!! :D
Will get some pics in the next few days once I've received my skirts and strips back from being painted and have them fitted.

Thought I would post up my results from the RR's the car has been on!
Bear in mind this was just for fun each time! I wasn't really bothered what I got!
The first run made the most power looking at "corrected engine power", but if you look at "wheel power" (which I'm told is the actual power) it goes up each run.

1st run - Sebring Bacbox, K&N replacement filter.
2nd run - Sebring Backbox, Pipercross open IK, ghetto decat.
3rd run - K-tec "sport" stealth, Enclosed IK, ghetto decat.

Also looking at the third run it looks like I no longer have a flat spot at 3000rpm, this is probably due the engine being run in I guess.

Runs in order.

Attachments

• Run 1.jpg
    Run 1.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Run 2.jpg
    Run 2.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Run 3.jpg
    Run 3.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 153

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Is it the Vmaxx coilovers you put on?
You going to that meet in bathgate as well?

Is it the Vmaxx coilovers you put on?
You going to that meet in bathgate as well?

Yeah dude! I'm gonna have to get smaller spacers for the rear as when I have weight in the back, with the 13mm spacers the wheels rub the lip of the arches.
(Never had this problem with the Eibach's with a fully loaded car!)

Think I'll get some 8mm ones and sell the ones I have as I can't be arsed machining the ones I have down as I'd need to also machine the bolts. :rasp:

There's a meet?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
3rd RR Graph is really interesting with the flat spot gone at 3k revs, im trying to work out why and i just cant work out what could cause it and what would have sorted it.

initially i thought it could have been the decat but then i noticed 1. it done it before the decat was fitted and 2. you still had it fitted in the 3rd

the car being run in you would have thought would have affected the graph throughout not just at a set point

however cars looking mint mate