ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From Campus too...

Quick picture of the car as it stands just now!

(Coils and spacers on tomorrow! Side skirts at a later date.)

Picture060.jpg

Picture059.jpg

And picked these up off the bay for 50 quid. ;)

Picture063.jpg

Cheers dude! :)

Update:

Got the spacers on now (30mm front, 13mm back) and it looks spot on.

Had a problem with the coilovers being the wrong size (not the bolt spacing though!)

The bracket bit my finger is in is a 28mm gap.

The bit on the hub that fits into this is only 23mm.

Picture079.jpg

So I've contacted Speedbox who are talking with Vmaxx just now.

I'm tempted to try sticking some 2.5mm spacers on each side though to solve the problem! :rasp:

Will be fitting the skirts next week once I get hold of a rivet gun at the weekend and may look at fitting the fogs (but not wiring them up) this week.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
hmmm weird. Must have been/is annoying

Nice shiny coilovers though :D

Coming along nicely mate...my v-maxx situation is being a pain in the ass right now due to my feckin spacers still not being here.

Took the car for a "spirited" drive earlier.

The handling is immense with the spacers on, corners I would take at 45-50mph I'm taking comfortably at 60ish. (this may be due to the size of my balls though).
The car feels totally planted.

20mm H&Rs. Thought I'd get them quicker than ordering FKs, turns out I won't, but oh well lol

lol! will look well! :D

DECK IT !!!!

I'm gonna keep it reasonable for driving to work. ;)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Took the car for a "spirited" drive earlier.

The handling is immense with the spacers on, corners I would take at 45-50mph I'm taking comfortably at 60ish. (this may be due to the size of my balls though).
The car feels totally planted.

lol! will look well! :D

I'm gonna keep it reasonable for driving to work. ;)

You will end up lowering it more, pretty sure of that!

Oh yeah, definitely.. :)

Just not on it's arse so I can scrape over speedbumps, but we will see! :rasp:

Will just add I heard back from Speedbox and Vmaxx and it turns out I have the wrong front struts! Their coming on Monday to pick them up and will be sending the correct ones out once they have them. :)

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Sweet, neway am sure i seen your car yesterday down rosyth dockyard outside the college, was it urs? lol

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Ah right, just i work down the dockyard wi babcock, was just passing and seen it, lol, was lookin mint in the sun tho lol

Update:

Turns out I had the correct coilovers but they were labeled wrong! :dapprove:
So will be waiting to get them back!

Also fitted the sideskirts (no pics) but the colour match ain't great so they will need a proper re-spray. ;)

Give me your car :(

Also I'm glad you changed the badges from that horrible red.

Haha. You want a 1.2 8v?

lol.

Turns out theres different hub spacings too!

You get 3 sizes for the clio, 23mm, 25mm which are for 1*2's and 27mm not 28mm which are the ones I got that wont fit.
Don't know if Vmaxx know this but will hopefully know by tomorrow! :)

Right for anyone that doesn't know!

Speedbox contacted me and said Vmaxx are sending the coilovers back, and I've to try using spacers/washers to put them on.
As I'm not entitled to a refund!

Monaco
Lowered on Eibach Sportlines.
I'd say about 40mm rear, (it's how I want it)
And about 30mm front.
The box says 45 front and 30 rear though! :rolleyes:

Don't need to defend yourself! i like the height. and I've just bought those exact springs :D:D:D

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Alright, lookin good, anyway you gonna be headin up tae crail this sunday for ultimate scottish street car, dont know if its been mention to anybody yet.

weecraig1508