ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fmp - Less Is More - 01 Impreza STI

agreed with whoever said loose the wiper! looks fugly lol

absolutely love this car though, pretty much how id have mine if i could afford one

bride retrim too? <3

clio 200 F4Rt
got some great new mods.

can i ask how much the chargespeed conversion was? all in. including the new body panels and headlights?

the actual chargespeed kit was about £80.

Then i managed to get the majority of the panels for £350 second hand.

But i had to buy new fog lamp covers and winglets which cost about £300!

All depends what parts you can pick up second hand.

All of mine are a bit rough round the edges, so hopefully a full re-spray at some point!

clio 200 F4Rt
Cusco me up buttercup!!

So had all my suspension parts fitted now, and setup!

New powerflex rear beam bushes & rear diff bushes(cant be seen):
008-vi.jpg

Front wishbone bushes (front and rear of wishbone):
013-vi.jpg

012-vi.jpg

014-vi.jpg

Then Cusco trailing arm and lateral links (diff bushes visable in 1st pic too!)
006-vi.jpg

007-vi.jpg

009-vi.jpg

010-vi.jpg

Car in the Powerstation workshop:
016-vi.jpg

And finally being Corner weighted:
018-vi.jpg

Happy days!

Havent managed to give it too hard a drive as yet, but feels quicker turning in, and far more grippy/surefooted. So very happy indeed!

Oh and also got a quote for a fuel swirl pot setup (as Impreza's suffer badly from fuel surge) and a quote on a turbo upgrade.... the mind boggles! :)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Looks great mate! A friend of mine saw pics of ur car, and he immediately went and got his spoiler taken off! Yet to see his car tho, but if its as nice as yours it'll be epic!

what is this fuel surge you speak of?

what turbo do you want to upgrade to? the standard STI's are forged internals arent they? how much power will they take?

oh, and nice suspension bits!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
cusco rose joints are all dust sealed... if you clean them and keep them greased they last! cusco alignment arms are pretty much the best arms you can get, i had them on my s14 and pissed all over all the other cheaper makes!

what is this fuel surge you speak of?

what turbo do you want to upgrade to? the standard STI's are forged internals arent they? how much power will they take?

oh, and nice suspension bits!!

They are known to suffer badly, I have had fuel surge at nearly 1/2 a tank before!

STI's are forged internals, close deck block on fmp_'s car helps too, think 450bhp can be had out them whilst retaining reliability.

clio 200 F4Rt
yup, due to the design of the tank, they get fuel surge which leads to fuel starvation.

So on track only option is to run a full tank! Not ideal!

So looking at getting a swirl pot setup to totally eradicate it.

As for turbo, not too sure really, there are soooo many out there all offering different things! But i would like around 450bhp. Which would be a new turbo and injectors and a remap.

Then at some point i would go for a 2.1 stroker to improve torque and spool up, as i dont want to lose any drivability.

A new turbo etc is some way off at the moment tho, no harm in getting quotes mind! :)

clio 200 F4Rt
picked up my interior parts that were at D:Class having a re-trim, ballin....

002-vi.jpg

004-vi.jpg

005-vi.jpg

Creases etc will fade in time, but otherwise its all good! :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I don't understand why people like Bride stuff...it's obnoxious looking!!! Not cheap either.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
your such a doughnut ali! you just dont have a clue... go eat some haggis or something.

Turbos.
LOL. I am undecided myself. I think it's cool, but at the same time i think it's a bit sad that people just copy each other. Fortunately in the UK it's not widespread yet, but in the US and Japan there must be loads of cars out there that are virtually identical! The UK is just full of copycats really.

clio 200 F4Rt
LOL. I am undecided myself. I think it's cool, but at the same time i think it's a bit sad that people just copy each other. Fortunately in the UK it's not widespread yet, but in the US and Japan there must be loads of cars out there that are virtually identical! The UK is just full of copycats really.

i think they are called 'trends'. In the UK its all about the same old prodrive wheels and rally decals. In america its all about aggressive offsets, etc etc.

Few and far between are people really doing new things.

But as far as my seats go, i have only seen 1 other Impreza over here with a Bride retrim, so for the moment, its pretty rare (if not ground breaking), and for me, its more to keep the interior consistant, rather than front seats that dont match the rest of the interior in colour or material.

But i appreciate all replys and opinions!

Turbos.
i think they are called 'trends'. In the UK its all about the same old prodrive wheels and rally decals. In america its all about aggressive offsets, etc etc.

Few and far between are people really doing new things.

But as far as my seats go, i have only seen 1 other Impreza over here with a Bride retrim, so for the moment, its pretty rare (if not ground breaking), and for me, its more to keep the interior consistant, rather than front seats that dont match the rest of the interior in colour or material.

But i appreciate all replys and opinions!

Yeah that is fair, like you say i would also rather the interior all be in one style.

Fooking hell Matty, didnt know this thread existed (i did wonder if you had sold bug for a blob at Llandow, i just didnt wanna ask! now my q is answered) never realised you had done so much to it :) love it love it love it!

Integra Type-R DC2
How much did it cost for you to retrim the interior, ie materials, labour etc, if you dont mind me asking? Id love to do something similar.

clio 200 F4Rt
How much did it cost for you to retrim the interior, ie materials, labour etc, if you dont mind me asking? Id love to do something similar.

Material is quite hard to come by, but it is available if you know where to look.

Labour cost wise, the door cards where £25 each and the rear bench £260, plus the VAT. That was done by D:Class automotive, who are one of the best.

So not the cheapest thing in the world, but for me, just finished the interior off nicely!

clio 200 F4Rt
Fooking hell Matty, didnt know this thread existed (i did wonder if you had sold bug for a blob at Llandow, i just didnt wanna ask! now my q is answered) never realised you had done so much to it :) love it love it love it!

haha!

At least you have had the honour of riding it it.... shame i didnt get chance to take you out on track tho!

ooooh - not sure if I can get you those mate as would be special orders and cost 30% more than a plain colour but ill ask - if you get me the part numbers for the kits you require Ill try and get you some prices

I know the ones you mean though lol - here is my R26 megane bay
007.jpg