ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fmp - Less Is More - 01 Impreza STI

clio 200 F4Rt
Impreza fuel surge is a thing of the past for me!!!

Due to the 'saddle' tank design, Impreza suffer from fuel starvation on long sweeping corners at anything less than half a tank. Not ideal for track days!

So i had a fuel swirl pot setup fitted.

My uprated Walbro 255l in tank pump now feeds a 2 litre boot mounted pot, then a Bosch 044 motorsport fuel pump sends this to the engine. With various returns etc, so the pot stays full.

All finished with braided hoses and superbling couplings!

016-vi.jpg

017-vi.jpg

018-vi.jpg

019-vi.jpg

021-vi.jpg

I also had some more camber added to the front and rear wheels, nothing too wild, but should help grip on track!
013-vi.jpg

And thats it for a good while, just going to enjoy the car on track and road!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, I like.

Need to see that setup up close Mat, my IS suffers really badly from fuel surge too...anything less than 15 litres or so and I can't brake or corner without it stuttering or dying completely when I get back on the throttle.

clio 200 F4Rt
ok, so done a few small bits.

Firstly i finally got round to fitting my STi replica front splitter.

058-vi.jpg

059-vi.jpg

065-vi.jpg

066-vi.jpg

I also got round to fitting my Cusco radiator panel:
056-vi.jpg

Next on the agenda was getting my car through noise testing at track days. With a day at Goodwood looming i took the car there to test. Without a bung it ran 102db, and with the bung 97db, which although was 1db under the limit, was too close to risk.

So i looked into new systems, getting a custom silencer made up etc. In the end i decided to go with a new system. So purchased a HKS Silent Hi-Power system:
052-vi.jpg

055-vi.jpg

Not too convinced on its looks at the moment, as it has a 5inch tailpipe on it, but i think once it gets a bit grubby it wont look so OTT. But noise wise.... its amazing, as quiet as a standard car, but with 3inch pipe work, no performance lost!

Then finally i added to the stealth effect going on inside the cabin, by spraying a few parts matt black (previously silver):
060-vi.jpg

061-vi.jpg

Then after alot of work and patience, i went wild and installed my 'sticker bombed' centre console. Probably not to everyone's taste, but i love it!
063-vi.jpg

062-vi.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I love this car.

Centre console looks amazing! That's how you do it... not some weak, half-arsed effort.

M135i
Wow, car is looking great!

Dunno about the centre console though, think it'd distract too much whilst driving!

clio 200 F4Rt
Absolute weapon!

What power is it running?

Not much over standard, 350bhp 316lb/ft. But engine work has been done to make it reliable, so sump baffle, oil cooler, fuel system, intercooler etc.

But put a fair amount of time and effort into the chassis, so handles pretty well!

Cheers for the positive comments guys! :)

ok, so done a few small bits.

Firstly i finally got round to fitting my STi replica front splitter.

058-vi.jpg

059-vi.jpg

065-vi.jpg

066-vi.jpg

I also got round to fitting my Cusco radiator panel:
056-vi.jpg

Next on the agenda was getting my car through noise testing at track days. With a day at Goodwood looming i took the car there to test. Without a bung it ran 102db, and with the bung 97db, which although was 1db under the limit, was too close to risk.

So i looked into new systems, getting a custom silencer made up etc. In the end i decided to go with a new system. So purchased a HKS Silent Hi-Power system:
052-vi.jpg

055-vi.jpg

Not too convinced on its looks at the moment, as it has a 5inch tailpipe on it, but i think once it gets a bit grubby it wont look so OTT. But noise wise.... its amazing, as quiet as a standard car, but with 3inch pipe work, no performance lost!

Then finally i added to the stealth effect going on inside the cabin, by spraying a few parts matt black (previously silver):
060-vi.jpg

061-vi.jpg

Then after alot of work and patience, i went wild and installed my 'sticker bombed' centre console. Probably not to everyone's taste, but i love it!
063-vi.jpg

062-vi.jpg
Centre console ftw! I bought Stickerbomb2 with intent to do mine, sold the Scoob before I had chance and now they're on my Clio's dash strips haha.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I want one of those steering column boost gauges, did you get the specific mount for the impreza or is it just a generic one?

bloosy hell matt didnt realise you had that much on your car! you have defo got to give me a shout when more bits come off!

the bugeye spats and cusco radiator panel please :D

i think i know someone who may want the lateral link arms etc.!