ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Art de shine is the brand. They make quite a few nano based sealants

@gally do you not think strata is worth the extra over CQUK? Plan on using it in the next few months

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's a standalone sealant mate. Requires no top ups etc and so much more forgiving that some other sealants. I cannot comment on total durability sadly.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
17287381051_9660ccd8f3_b.jpg
20150425_195647 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

17101689359_d96375446c_b.jpg
20150425_195653 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

Bit of beading after being treated to cover up.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Of course. Just seems silly to send emails back and forth.

Just need to decide what you want and I'll try and organise it. You get 7.5% or 10% off just now so even ordering anything yourself is cheaper.

Is there a code for the discount?

I want some Dlux for fresh wheels and some more Hydr02 etc.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's in the sticky section mate, I think a lot of people don't notice it!

Clio with a body kit
Nice to get a little reward this weekend.
Winner of a show and shine at a small local show even tho I think I only won because people liked the car rather than how nice a job I'd made of cleaning it. Prize was a little trophy, pot of dodo supernatural and a fantastic fur microfibre, so I was happy none the less.

image.jpg

Added to the collection.
image.jpg

Also managed to get the car washed and dried tonight ready for another show next weekend. Got to say bouncers done and dusted does buff of very nicely. It also smells lovely. I wouldn't mind an air freshener with that scent.

image.jpg

Awesome. No surprise it won, awesome car superbly detailed.

I really need to start gathering some products. Done and dusted is top of list! A fine collection you have there.
I could do with a decent wax if anyone has some recommendations of a decent budget wax. Anything around the 20~30 region even worth a shot? Or if anyone here has some part used stuff they'd like to part with?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Awesome. No surprise it won, awesome car superbly detailed.

I really need to start gathering some products. Done and dusted is top of list! A fine collection you have there.
I could do with a decent wax if anyone has some recommendations of a decent budget wax. Anything around the 20~30 region even worth a shot? Or if anyone here has some part used stuff they'd like to part with?

V6dans post reminded me of this

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-orange-crush/prod_397.html

It suits liquid yellow so well.

I keep meaning to use it again but keep forgetting.

I'll have to make a point to use it this summer.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Britemax Vantage for me just now. Especially with the summer coming up. It's just so good. In a nicer pot it's a boutique wax.

Inferno 225 cup
Where I live (near ind estate) and with the Sahara b*****d sand around these parts, drying my car is really annoying, as its settling pretty Damn quick after washing it.

Been looking at the metro vac air blaster, or the smaller one, would this be a lot better?

I currently use a big yellow plush thingy of i4d I believe.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Where I live (near ind estate) and with the Sahara b*****d sand around these parts, drying my car is really annoying, as its settling pretty Damn quick after washing it.

Been looking at the metro vac air blaster, or the smaller one, would this be a lot better?

I currently use a big yellow plush thingy of i4d I believe.
Tbh it's only good for blowing air out of small crevices. On a protected car I find that on big panels it just breaks the water down into lots more smaller beads. It does work, but it's less effective than you might imagine.
Open house douse does the vast majority of my drying

Inferno 225 cup
Genuine question, what about a leaf blower? http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2921084.htm

They're around the same price as the pet hoovers, but surely push way more air, so better at drying? I guess it's not warm air which is the only thing, but that doesnt matter too much if you can move enough air to just move the water? Pretty cheap too!
Well this blows in excess of 200mph so I'm pretty certain it may work.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/metro-vac-blaster-sidekick-cat5.html

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Amigo works best on corrected paint imo. 50cal better for any filling/cleansing work.

BG Clio 182
When applying and removing car wax using an autofinesse wax mate, the wax feels very grabby going into the paint and also grabby to remove. I've tried priming the applicator with bouncers QD and obviously use some on removal too. Still grabby though. Why is it doing this? Oh and im not over applying the wax or underapplying for that matter haha.

The wax is euphoric by obsession detail, fooking awesome finish though!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I would assume it's the wax no? I had the same issue with fusso on a waxmate, swapped to Britemax vantage and it was like butter.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Where at £25? Bargain at that price mate. Last pot I bought was used.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried something like Reload on your car? On silvers and white they really do come up well, even C2V3 for example.

Wax is nice, I love waxing still but it's old school and will never keep the car looking clean nor clean as easily as a sealant for eg. Adam's A3 he said still looks glossy after washing it's been a year since it was detailed. The Boss' 997T is the same wearing Reload.

Wax is justifiable in the summer because you can wax every week if you want due to the weather usually.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried something like Reload on your car? On silvers and white they really do come up well, even C2V3 for example.

Wax is nice, I love waxing still but it's old school and will never keep the car looking clean nor clean as easily as a sealant for eg. Adam's A3 he said still looks glossy after washing it's been a year since it was detailed. The Boss' 997T is the same wearing Reload.

Wax is justifiable in the summer because you can wax every week if you want due to the weather usually.
No I haven't mate. Is it easy to apply?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Frost have had decent deals on the britemax range since before Christmas, originally with free postage over £40. it was picked up on DW some time ago and shortly after the free postage cut off was quickly increased.

www.shopnshine.co.uk are done a few deals with it reduced or as a cheap bundle since christmas,