ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

BG Clio 182
I thought people would appreciate my colleagues truck.

E0FEC372-8057-4438-A21C-F1A700501D9B_zpssiqqeex8.jpg

The whole thing was like that. I couldn't believe it.
My mates car was like that. Took AF combo 3 with two hits then number 2 and triple to get it out fully. Just wouldn't go haha horrendous that though haha!

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
50 cals glaze crushes other glazes,so much i have a nearly full af ultra glaze going up for sale, if anybody wants it let me know

Need to get a few bits together ready for polishing our red Audi S3. It's very swirly!
Any recommendations in pads? Get hexlogic? I have sonus pads, their crap.
Have a full set of menzerna polishes and a das6 pro.

Have a clay mitt to use, and need to 're stock iron x and a QD.
Need a decent glaze, wax and sealant though.
If anyone has any part used stuff their looking to sell I may be interested. (Unless it's very expensive high end stuff, lol)

This is going to end up expensive. [emoji14]

Clio with a body kit
Discovered I'd had a leak in the garage this morning. 80% of a big bottle of bilberry wheel cleaner.
image.jpg
image.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I emailed carpro this morning to see if they would be interested in any group buys of their stock. Not sure if this has been done before? Would anyone be interested and if so what products? It was just an idea so apologies if I'm stepping on anyone's toes :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What kind of group buy are you guys looking for? New Reload? Dlux? Forte?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
They do iron x? I'd be interested in that. Kev is it worth you setting a group buy of sorts as you know him?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Of course. Just seems silly to send emails back and forth.

Just need to decide what you want and I'll try and organise it. You get 7.5% or 10% off just now so even ordering anything yourself is cheaper.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
How much cheaper is it realistically going to be over what we already get with the discount though? Seems a bit of a waste of time IMO

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It usually isn't much tbf. Margins aren't big on products that aren't rebranded/rebottled etc.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure it'll work but wouldn't be recommended when Tardis is so cheap.

Think I've still got loads of Tardis left but want to try Tar X now.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
PM me your address Coby and i'll fire a sample down to you mate in a little spray bottle?

BG Clio 182
Heard of someone using petrol as tar remover. Bad idea or cheap alternative? I'd have thought it could damage the paint personally!
It is actually really good for getting deep rubber marks out etc. My dad's car had been tracked and hit a cone and had all rubber down the side. Just got some petrol on a rag and it came straight off whereas none of my other stuff would touch it!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. Used the art de shine nano sealant. Gave the car three coats, was quiet in work.

Awesome stuff and a little goes along way

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice @gally
Look forward to seeing it. I need to get round to doing mine again properly. Planning to use Crystal Rock over Strata :)
f**king love Strata. Just wish it wasn't so expensive compared with the likes of CQUK.