ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Shop n shine have a decent range. Web page is nice but not great for quick browsing.

Can anyone looking in here put there name down for Reload samples I'm hoping to send out? You don't get the full effect with the bottle and trigger but you get to see it's performance after application?

Just if anyone was interested happy to send them out.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think someone posted that on DW about 6 months ago, trying to wrack my brain. It's a bit like the Gtechniq "dust" they were showcasing. Prototype stuff.

I believe the issue is it cannot survive abrasion yet. The Gtechniq stuff was amazing but you couldn't really touch it with anything. Will keep an eye out to see if they release it. Haven't heard of Kamikaze yet to be fair.

The Asian market makes all the best stuff anyway due to its lack of regulations in factories etc.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
2014 Dave. Just to give a taster. I'm awaiting delivery of 2015 now.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If you guys just want to PM me your addresses I'll get some sorted and posted.

Dave Craig mentioned he's convinced I'll love 15'. I have zero issues with 14', I just think it needs properly buffed when applying etc. I done 2 layers on that Golf R and it's a pretty dark colour!

Can you link me to any Reload 15 threads? Just interested. It was definitely made easier to apply.

It's a bit of a trade off you might say. Just like any new age sealants.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No problem. Just PM your address guys and i'll send the first 5 out.

It can be diluted 1:1 or with a favourite detailing spray to trial. Also can be used over cleansers and glazes etc. Maximum durability would come from bare paint like all products.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty much. Even cleansed paint followed by ipa/eraser wipedown. In 90% of cases it's used over something else.

No need to cover fees guys happy to help out sone forum members and let's others trial something without buying a bigger bottle.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
To anyone that PMd I'll fire off replies tomorrow on the computer. i've got about 5 so far. I think I've got enough bottles if not i'll pick more up on Sunday. :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I did. Beads and sheets just as well. Can still smear a little on darker colours but put that down to humidity. Works lovely BSD mixed with chemical guys V7

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I've not had any streaking with 14 on dark colours.

To anyone who hasn't tried it I highly recommend it. So easy to spray on and then buff off and beads fantastically.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Ok chaps a quick question.
Tried getting the swirls out of my 1 series using a pc polisher (da) and orange lake pad.
First I used af restore 1. Harsh cutting then I used mazina final finish for a light cut. After hours of work I looked alot better but not spot on. Was the da just not man enough or am I using the wrong product.
It does look really good just not spot on.
20150430_153531_zpsactp5sld.jpg

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I did. Beads and sheets just as well. Can still smear a little on darker colours but put that down to humidity. Works lovely BSD mixed with chemical guys V7

Was the finish any better with either of them? I tend to use BSD most times i clean the Megane and my brothers ST but i am yet to suffer from any of the issues that people post about

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I just don't like the feel and application of BSD. And I dont think it really adds anything much to the finish other than some super hydrophobic qualities.

V7 on the other hand is lovely to work with, almost melts into the paint and feels nice and smooth and slick and really adds to the gloss, but it doesn't give great beading on its own

Mixing the two together you get the feel and application of V7 with the protection of bsd. When there's so many nice to use but good performing products, I just can't be bothered to use BSD. I'd rather use something else that leaves the finish I like and is also nice feeling to use

Last edited:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
@JD When you had your Hydro2 incident, was it a freshly diluted or had it been mixed a while ago?

Yesterday I got some 'blotches' on the roof. They buffed out with QD but its the first problem I've ever had with H2. The only thing I could think of is the solution was made a few months ago :/

@JD When you had your Hydro2 incident, was it a freshly diluted or had it been mixed a while ago?

Yesterday I got some 'blotches' on the roof. They buffed out with QD but its the first problem I've ever had with H2. The only thing I could think of is the solution was made a few months ago :/

Freshly mixed buddy. Still think it reacted with C2V3.

Just a quick heads up - that wax, use coupon code 1504NL for 20% off :smile:

Britemax Vantage Premium Carnauba Paste Wax (236ml)V5181£25.00
Subtotal£20.83
Delivery£6.25
Discount (1504NL)-£5.00
VAT£4.17
Grand Total£26.25

It expired Monday just gone, but the coupon code still works, basically making delivery a normal price! (frost.co.uk)

Didn't want to let people know til mine had arrived, naturally :smile: and it's just come now, so enjoy (assuming it still works)!

BG Clio 182
Can anyone recommend me a good glass polish to remove some light wiper marks and general grime?

And a good long term glass sealant like gtechniq or the like?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I go with Wash, Clay, IPA and then apply.

Just taking your time to ensure you have applied everywhere is key, Think I ended up with 4 coats on the front in the end to make sure 100% coverage as my first time I either missed bits or had something left on the glass causing issues.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
G5 still the go to 'get rid of rain' sealent?
I bought G5 last October as a quick fix because I didn't have the time with the weather etc to do G1. It has been in my car for 7 months now and I have only just had to redo my windscreen. Even then it was still working to a decent enough extent. The side windows still bead like crazy. Well worth the money if you can't be bothered with fussy application.

BG Clio 182
What about a glass polish then lads now the G5 is ordered haha?

Oh and what would get rid of a few light marks on the dash cluster plastic surround bit that you look through to see your speedo? Would a trim restorer hide a few little scratches due to (previous) slightly over zealous cleaning?