ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Danny's Stupid Apple Questions Thread.

Inferno 182 CUP
Re: Exporting Outlook Calender to iCal?

Save As is greyed out?

I can only save as webpage ..

and exporting only allows me to use PST or CSV

Rav4

I do?

Still wont let me ..

I don't know why it's being gay, I swear computers are female, logic isn't always there.

Two options,

1) PST
2) if you use Gmail or equivalent, sync calendar with Gmail, so Gmail gets updated, then create that account with iCal and sync it with that.

Personally, I just use my Gmail calendar, and then regardless of what device I use iPhone/Laptop/Desktop, my calendar is always the same.

Thanks,

G

Inferno 182 CUP

yeah I've exported as CSV windows now and imported to gmail

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Turn it off?

Im surprised the internet hasn't exploded with you using it. Moron.

Inferno 182 CUP
@me.com or @gmail?

Anybody using the @me.com email account that comes with iCloud now and ditching gmail?

Or is this crap?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re: @me.com or @gmail?

Rarely. Nothing beats Gmail for email. Nothing.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

The web based mail part is far better for starters. My mobile me account ends up in a lot of people's junk mail folders too. It's handy to have a me account though, I tend to use it occasionally to sign up for things I've previously signed up to but cannot remember the password for or the recovery questions.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Correct it isn't. But you said nothing beats Gmail for e-mail. Never mentioned anything about it having to be from a provider ;)

If you're talking about providers though gmail is by far the best.

LOL. I use exchange with Gmail, so that must make me King.

Inferno 182 CUP
Parallels

Which runs best on Parallels XP or Windows 7?

I have installed both and 7 seems hella slow and cumbersome yet XP seems to just work .. Any reasons for this?

Re: Parallels

I wonder why XP would run better than 7. It's as if it uses less resources or something. That would be madness.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Use Parallels here and have no problems running Windows 7. Can run a couple of VMs and also access my bootcamp install through Parallels with no slow down.

Used to run XP and Windows 7 on Parallels on my work iMac at the same time and never had a problem with speed. Had spaces set up with each one in a different window so took 2 seconds to switch between them.

You're doing it wrong.

Inferno 182 CUP

Im using XP on parallels now as 7 just took longer for everthing.

I press XP and it loads the whole thing with start menu in 2 seconds .. 7 took about 20.

Inferno 182 CUP

Thought you couldn't afford all of the software? ;)

i cant - so i have parallels and an old legit version of XP from a laptop that is in my cupboard in pieces ..

I do not have VCDS currently ;) - my HMRC rebate yesterday will take care of that!

Inferno 182 CUP

its still £250 lol - but yes gendan and theres another company ive seen .. cnat remember name .. legit stockists though ..

Anything less than £250 will be fake and is a waste of time when the long coding isn't up to date and won't load the correct info for your vehicle.

It will also fry the cable if you connect to the internet and it's plugged in ;)

ilexa £263 inc vat + £5.50 = £269.76 all in.

Gendan is £264.95 delivered next day if ordered before lunch.

Inferno 182 CUP
iPhone b****cks :mad:

My 4S has been working okay since i got it but yesterday evening plugged it into iTunes to back up and it came up with restore as old back up or set up as new phone .. as if i had just wiped it?

Phone isn't wiped it has EVERYTHING it had previously .. what the f**k is it doing?!?!

Its iTunes on my macbook air btw.

Cant restore from back up as the backup was 20 something days ago :mad: