ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Danny's Stupid Apple Questions Thread.

Inferno 182 CUP
Im trying to put ringtones on my iphone.

Did the normal.

Get Info
Reduce the file to 30 sec clip
Create AAC
Copy to Desktop
Rename to .m4r
Copy to ringtones folder on itunes.

They exist back on itunes ring tone folder havent removed them from desktop but there not on my iphone after sync?

Ive checked the box is ticked too??

Inferno 182 CUP
MacBook Pro Help

My dad gave my brother his old G4 Mac Book pro.

Its a pile of shite lol. I love macs but this sucks c**k.

Its on OS 10. Itunes wont update past 9.2 as its too old and OS so his iphone is still on 3.2 or whatever as he cant get it to update further.

What a pisser lol!

Can he get 10.6? if so where from :)

Thanks dudes!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Re: MacBook Pro Help

It'll run Leopard, 10.5.

If you get a disc and run a fresh install it'll help. PPC machines won't run anything after OS 10.5.

Just buy a newer basic MacBook.

Inferno 182 CUP

hes only 16 .. he cant afford a mcdonalds let alone a new mac

so can i get him a "retail" copy of leopard 10.5 and install it?

Last edited:
  Inferno 182 CUP

hes looking lol

if you understood the difficulty trust me.

hes at college doing a plumbing course and even mcdonalds are not recruiting!

hes stooped that low!

Weeman sucks ****

leopard runs fine on my 1.5ghz powerbook. 7 years old and still going well

what spec book do you have? might help to do a fresh install.

Weeman sucks ****

click on the apple in the top left>about this mac.

ask someone nicely on here or buy it. but a fresh instal would probably help if it's old, or run some disk cleanups etc.

S3, HD Nightster

lol at the suggestions of 'just get a new macbook'

The kids 16 years old ffs, I know at that age I didn't have £850 just laying around !

Inferno 182 CUP
iMac? Any good?

20'' 5 years old

running 10.5.8 Snow Leapard 1.5GB RAM 250GB hard drive

Will it be any good or fast at all?

I want it for photo and video editing but if its kack i sharnt bother lol

Re: iMac? Any good?

Processors weren't really that hot 5 years ago so I suspect it will seem pretty slow compared to modern day Macs.

OS X 10.5.8 is Leopard, not Snow Leopard.

How much? Older macs are still surprisingly efficient when using iMovie and the like, so it wll still do a job unless you are going to be rendering HD stuff on final cut.

Inferno 182 CUP

tbh probs wont touch video but it will a net browser and aperture machine if it will run

Not a terrible price. It will do you fine and aperture should run ok. The problem you are going to have is that, at 5 years I assume its the white Power PC processor one, you are stuck with 10.5 as your OS and eventually upgrades to things like firefox wont support it.

Inferno 182 CUP
Data Transfer - Mac > Windows & Vice Versa

I have Windows 7 and my bro has a Powerbook.

Were swapping.

How the eff do i get my data onto a storage device and copy it to the mac (assuming ill have compatibility issues)

And when ive done that - how do i get data off his mac and transfer it to my windows assuming ill have the same problem!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP

I dont understand, on your camera thread you said 'you dont understand how long it has taken me to save £500, its taken forever' and now you are on about buying an iMac? :s

Inferno 182 CUP

I dont understand, on your camera thread you said 'you dont understand how long it has taken me to save £500, its taken forever' and now you are on about buying an iMac? :s

yeh it has taken me forever lol .. and ive been offered something cheap - i just sold my marine fish tank so have some spare cash ..

either way its my money dude lol

Inferno 182 CUP
Mac Mini on HDTV?

Anyone done this?

Any good?

I want a mac.

CBA with MacBook as screens too small .. IMacs are sexy but need to find a desk to put it on.

Cheapest option mac mini HDMI to TV. Smart option or stupid?

Ford Focus ST2
Re: Mac Mini on HDTV?

I got this setup as i was unsure if i would use the mac, so i bought a mac mini and connected to the TV!

Also bought the wireless apple keyboard and mouse too.

Its really good, you can watch BBC iplayer, DVD's, youtube ETC ETC!

Got it linked in to my surround sound, and the mac mini has all my music on and can control it via my iPhone with the remote app! :D

Works well!

I soon after bought a MBP and now use both! Screen share build it works very well :)

Inferno 182 CUP

What's the quality like on a big screen mate?

And how is it for ease of use?

Also is the mouse and keyboard an expensive add on?

Ford Focus ST2

I have the older Mac Mini which uses the VGA to output to my 40" Sony 40x2000 LCD and the picture is perfect.

If i watch a video on youtube which is HD picture is very very good, bbc iplayer HD is the same very good picture and the normal bbc iplayer SD the picture is good but not as good as TV (not far off tho).

Easy to use = Very simple, took me about a week to get used to the swap over to OSX (Apple's OS ) but i would not go back to a PC now! And if you need to use windows for anything I use parallels and that boots in to windows from within OSX or reboot in to windows!

The wireless mouse and keyboard work very well too, the keyboard is brilliant but the mouse is not that great (old version with the little ball) it sometimes fails to scroll but this is a hardware problem, but apple do not make that mouse anymore, and the new one work very well!

Overall i would give my mac mini 9.5/10!

Any other questions just ask!