ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few 3GS Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if some of my questions sound silly but all this iphone s**t is new to me, so bare with me.

Lol :approve:

Battery Gauge

I have seen someone with a 3d Battery Gauge in a desktop thread.

moz-screenshot.png
BatteryBG_10.png

How do i download this to my 3GS ?

Jailbreaking /Unlocking.

I used blackrain last night and did what i think is jailbreak my phone after i downloaded it and started the software off.

I can now put my orange contract sim in what was an o2 payg phone.

Only thing is the blackrain woman comes up when i switch it on and it takes forever to start up/switch on and sometimes it doesn't move from that screen.

Also it sometimes comes up withitunes logo and usb cord picture and won't move off of it.

images.jpg

As result the phone won't start up ?

Any ideas what have i done ?

I had to restore through i tunes and it took ages to get phone working again :(

P.s I used Blackrain then downloaded Cydia and Snow when it ask to choose something from the 3 choices.

Issues transferring Songs and Apps from One Computer to another.

I also have a 120gb Ipod which i still use and has 80gb of songs on it and is synced with my itunes library on my laptop and when i plug my i phone into my laptop it comes up and says "erase and sync i phone with this itunes library"
I don't want to do this as i only want to copy some songs from my itunes library onto my iphone.
Another thing is i bought some Apps and Music from the I Store and loaded it onto my Iphone using a new user profile and i tunes for myself on my girlfriends laptop (so i don't interfere with her itunes library in her user profile).

Won't i loose these Apps and Music if i try and sync with the itunes library on my laptop whilst attempting add more songs that i have on my 120gb iPod ?

If i'll loose them any ideas how i can transfer my apps and music from her laptop to mine ?

I was gonna go into the Music folder on her laptop and copy all the i tunes files onto a memory stick and then add the files with the songs into my itunes.

What about my Apps i bought ?

How do i transfer them from her laptop to mine ?

Anyone an ideas how to get around this ?

I have tried searching wit no luck :S

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
with the new iphones theres something different in the boot system for it. So if you do turn the phone off you need to plug your iphone into the computer and run blackrain again.
Apparently there is a new crack coming out for it but in the meantime just don't turn your phone off. :)

with the new iphones theres something different in the boot system for it. So if you do turn the phone off you need to plug your iphone into the computer and run blackrain again.
Apparently there is a new crack coming out for it but in the meantime just don't turn your phone off. :)

I thought that as it kept coming up to connect usb cable or something on screen so i had to restore it to default settings unless i fucked up installing it :S

So no battery gauge for me by the looks of it :(

a burnt one
You will need winterboard to activate the 3d gauge i believe if you download it via cydia.

I cant see where people are going wrong with the new jailbreak, it is the easiest one ever, even for me, the guy who has yet to burn a DVD or music disc on computer for fear of technology.

You will need winterboard to activate the 3d gauge i believe if you download it via cydia.

I cant see where people are going wrong with the new jailbreak, it is the easiest one ever, even for me, the guy who has yet to burn a DVD or music disc on computer for fear of technology.

Ah right, cheers mate.

A few questions now
Lol

I'm guessing its a case of Backing up my phone on i tunes using the button beside manually manage music ?
Even though it automatically says its Backing up/syncing the iphone when i plug it in each time
(See up top of itunes window :S)

BACKUP-1.jpg

Then downloading Black Rain from here.
http://blackra1n.com/

And run the Blackra1n software using the instructions from here for guidance.
http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5527

And when i get to this stage

bLACRAIN.jpg

Its just a case of selecting to install Cydia to iphone with either the Rock or Icy ?

How do i use Cydia ?

Just click on the Cydia Icon on the springboard on the phone and get searching and downloading ??

I don't mean to be silly asking these questions, but i have already tried the steps i mentioned above and got this usb cable image on the screen
images.jpg

This was after it installed Cydia and phone wouldn't do anything.
It came up when i switched phone off and back on too :(

Would i have anything to do with what simb said above

If it helps my phone is running
VERSION 3.1.2 (7D11)

It is on 02 Pay as Go until i can get my orange contract Sim to work in it.

Last edited:
All the info you need is in the massive stuck thread.

Just do some research so you don't f**k it up.

I followed it, and phone aint working when i turn it off and back on (It needs restored to factory setings).
Either that or i'm just thick :dead:
All i need to know is if my phones version is supported as there doubt as to whether it is or not going by some of the posts i've found when searching. :eek:

a burnt one
Cant help you with all that as i havn't experienced most of them problems but yeah you need cydia to download stuff.

First port of call should be to browse for winterboard as this is the easiest way IMO to get themes and lockscreens (like the gauge you posted) once winterboard is installed and your theme downloaded simply go to winterboard and check the theme you want.

You should restore before attempting a jailbreak but if it's doing it every time maybe you have checked the "sync everytime iPhone is connected" box or whatever it says.

Also, don't have iTunes running when you're attempting to JB.

Worth having a google search to find more about what simon says though.

Cant help you with all that as i havn't experienced most of them problems but yeah you need cydia to download stuff.

First port of call should be to browse for winterboard as this is the easiest way IMO to get themes and lockscreens (like the gauge you posted) once winterboard is installed and your theme downloaded simply go to winterboard and check the theme you want.

You should restore before attempting a jailbreak but if it's doing it every time maybe you have checked the "sync everytime iPhone is connected" box or whatever it says.

Also, don't have iTunes running when you're attempting to JB.

Worth having a google search to find more about what simon says though.

Cheers mate.

I have backed up phone (i think) from first attempt and have managed to download Blackra1n and Cydia all sucessfully and it works until i switch phone off and back on and the that connect usb icon comes up and phone won't move off it :(

P.s The sync iphone box is now unticked ;)

a burnt one
If your ipt2/3GS/ipt3 is rebooting into recovery after running blackra1n, this isn't a bug. It's a feature. You need to run blackra1n every time to boot it. This 'feature', called tethered jailbreak, is enabled by upgrades Apple made to the bootrom and the fact ipt3 uses nand flash.

Don't really know what it means but it appears that's what's happening with you.

If your ipt2/3GS/ipt3 is rebooting into recovery after running blackra1n, this isn't a bug. It's a feature. You need to run blackra1n every time to boot it. This 'feature', called tethered jailbreak, is enabled by upgrades Apple made to the bootrom and the fact ipt3 uses nand flash.

Don't really know what it means but it appears that's what's happening with you.

Grrrr, i should have bought an older i phone by the looks of it.

As the new 3GS ones must be set up not to be jailbroken ?

Can anyone confirm this ?

And wtf is ipt3 uses nand flash ?

Cheers Gary ;)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

No theres nothing like that, i have the 3gs and i turn off and it goes off as it should so i dont kno where you have had this info from :S,

Pay to unlock it the legit way.

From where ?
Who unlocks them ?

What model firmware?

Its running Software Version
3.1.2 (7D11)

f**k know where i'll find what model firmware it is, unless thats it above :S

No theres nothing like that, i have the 3gs and i turn off and it goes off as it should so i dont kno where you have had this info from :S,

Mine turns off as it should but how can i run the blackra1n everytime i turn it on if it comes up with this ? :(

images.jpg

There must be something going on with my 3Gs as the blackra1n software and Cydia installs onto phone fine and works ill i switch i off and back on again then i get hit with recovery mode (usb cable and icon above)

Afraid i can say that i'm one of them.

As said above

"There must be something going on with my 3Gs as the blackra1n software and Cydia installs onto phone fin and works ill i switch i off and back on again then i get hit with recovery mode (usb cable and icon above)"

I read through that link but i'm still no further ahead.
Grrr
"F**kING PHONE"

So glad that I just used the modded firmware instead of blackrain TBH.

Where did you get this Andy ?

As it may be what i need ;)

I'm guessing you have a 3GS ?

I did try to warn people about this, but nobody listens.

:(

Cupra
In order to use the modded firmware, you had to already have a jailbroken phone. It was a way to upgrade to 3.1.2 without changing the baseband. If your phone already started as 3.1.2, then it is not an option for you. (I think!?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.