ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Danny's Stupid Apple Questions Thread.

Inferno 182 CUP
Re: Mac Mini on HDTV?

im so tempted to go out and buy one!!! argh lol

£650 is alot tho as i dont get a frggin mouse and keyboard

Ford Focus ST2

yeah i know!

I am glad i bought mine and would not look back (you can always sell it on ebay as they hold there money really well)

I bought mine for £512 including keyboard and mouse 2 years ago! Apple did a deal and gave me the mouse and keyboard really cheap! :approve:

The new mac mini can pump out resolutions far in excess of most hdtvs. The picture over HDMI is pretty good, certainly HD sources look excellent and its pretty good at processing really high bitrate stuff.

Its a bit on the dear side for me, but if youve got the cash you cant get much better under your telly. Whisper quiet too.

Rusty Cup
Re: iMac? Any good?

i sold a dual 2ghz g5 tower for £300 and 2 macbooks each for less than £250 and i sold my 2ghz intel mac mini for £250, there is no way a g5 imac is worth £350.

Anything intel will do what you need it too, mac mini is a nice versatile option.

Inferno 182 CUP
Re: iMac? Any good?

im looking at a mac mini now .. just scouring ebay for a magic mouse and a wireless keyboard cheap as the mini doesnt come with them!

if i can get a new mini for £550 and the keyboard mouse combo for £50-£70 ill be happy

Inferno 182 CUP

im looking for one on ebay or something for around £500 so if i cna get at that much i guess its pretty good ..

£200 to upgrade to 8GB RAM too .. well parts is .. plus labour

new model or old model? The old model is a piece of piss. Put two flat paint scrapers down two opposite sides on the bottom and pop the lid off. Then take out the 4 screws of the hdd/dvd cradle and bobs your uncle.

The new model is even easier. Just unscrew the bottom plate and pop them straight in. Just pop them out as they are SODIMM slots, same as a laptop.

The DDR3 memory it uses is actually pretty quick, so you probably wont *need* to do it straight away. I would hold off to see if you need it and then upgrade when prices come down.

Inferno 182 CUP

new model mate ... well thats what i want .. probably upgrade it to a 4GB first as thats pretty nifty i guess .. 8GB would mean i can run aperture 3 though :)

but dont they need to be parrallel .. i.e 2x2GB

i cnat have 1x4GB card?

Mk2 Golf GTI
Re: iTunes Ring tone help?

Did you fix this? I'm having the same issue. all tones show up in iTunes in the phone's ringtone section but only one is listed on the phone.

Yer i had this problem last night and was going to post aswell.

Got like 3 ringtones - and only 1 shows up. The 1 i don't want, i want barbara striesand :(

I don't think thats the problem... it's the fact the iphone only displays 1 custom ringtone when i have numerous ones in my ituns libary. Damn Apple phones, so good.

Whats that free ringtone app like? I meant to download it but forgot all about it (i use garage band to hack a lump out and export it as a ringtone).

Cant remember its name, but it had alright reviews.

Mk2 Golf GTI

I got it to work by unchecking then checking the sync option in the ringtones tab of the iphone page in the devices list. Seems to work fine now.

Inferno 182 CUP
Re: HELP! I need this case!

can i get these cases ... in diff colours maybe somewhere in UK cheap?

amazon seems to have a 3 month wait time :S

LY 182

Could a mod change the title to: "Help. I need urgent help because I want to ruin a sexy MBP with some nasty orange cover".

Cheers.

Inferno 182 CUP

lol okay .. what do you protect your MBP with? i dont want to let the cat rape it

Inferno 182 CUP
MBP RAM & Hard Drive

I know crucial sell the RAM ..

but where can i buy a 1TB HD for my MBP .. ill order it now if its cheap ready to fit when i buy the MB.

Also where can i buy cheap RAM as opposed to crucial?

Clio 172 Cup

You'll struggle with the Hazard orange one because it's been discontinued.

Do you need other people to like the aqua blue before you'll purchase? lol Man up, you where happy with the orange, get what ever colour you want.

LY 182

Haha. Mine's always up in my room so I don't need to cover it up I'm just careful with it. Perhaps get one of those carbon style ones like Christopher has?

Inferno 182 CUP

You'll struggle with the Hazard orange one because it's been discontinued.

Do you need other people to like the aqua blue before you'll purchase? lol Man up, you where happy with the orange, get what ever colour you want.

yeah but i figured if its discontinued id need to like something else :p

Haha. Mine's always up in my room so I don't need to cover it up I'm just careful with it. Perhaps get one of those carbon style ones like Christopher has?

hmmmm i liked them carbon ones so yes you have a point chap!

what HD do i need to buy for my MBP?

Re: MBP RAM & Hard Drive

Have you got a 13" MPB or bigger? I'm pretty sure the 13" drives have a max height of 9.5mm, so the biggest that can be put in one of them is a 500GB drive, whereas the 15 and 17s accept 12.5mm drives which go up to 1TB.

Inferno 182 CUP

havnt ordered the MBP yet .. this is why im scoping now .. as i need to know really what can fit a 1TB in it etc etc etc ..

and then i cant find a f**king drive online lol

i can find s**t loads of 3.5s but i think i need a 2.5

I've just done a quick check and apparently the 13"s can take 12.5mm drives, so ignore my last comment.

I'd check eBay first, then maybe somewhere like Amazon or possibly eBuyer. I've just bought a 500GB for my 2008 White MB and Amazon were the cheapest I could find.

Inferno 182 CUP

sorry for sounding like a knob head but

i am looking for a

1TB 2.5 SATA Drive 7200 ... am i correct? or am i a f**king r****d? lol sorry.

Any amazon links? :)

Inferno 182 CUP

googling it the 12.5 doesnt seem to fit well so probs best if i stick to a 500mb 7200 drive but which lol!!!

I opted for this one due to the amount of good reviews it had all over the internet, and for £45 you can't really argue.

Inferno 182 CUP

is it noticeable faster when loading apps and crap like that?

and is it in a 13 or 15 mbp mate?

also does battery life suffer?

for £45 its a bargain lol