ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Danman-'s Mk2 1.6

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Re: MY CLIO 1.6 PROJECT

i used self tapper mate. dont even need it up on ramps either.

i used self tapper mate. dont even need it up on ramps either.

Ah cheers may as well use self tappers then, my dad's mate's got a Clio Sport and used self tappers on his Skoda splitter as well, said it holds fine.
Didn't manage to get it done yesterday but hopefully soon, maybe Friday.

Also found a few more photo's floating around on Facebook of my car at college lol, glad it gave everyone a laugh :p

cliopostit2.png

cliopostit3.png

Clio 182

Where did you get the 3/4 front number plate from? I fancy one for my 182! Also be interested to see how good the Skoda splitter looks... might have to invest in one!

Car is coming along nicely!

Where did you get the 3/4 front number plate from? I fancy one for my 182! Also be interested to see how good the Skoda splitter looks... might have to invest in one!

Car is coming along nicely!

Thanks mate :) got the 3/4 plate from fancyplates.com. Just so you know, they aren't exactly road legal but make the front end look much tidier :)

Will be fitting the splitter on friday, I'll get some photos up :)

Fiesta ST + Clio 182

Splitter makes a massive difference mate it tidies te front up a lot I think and for eleven quid you can't grumble :)

UPDATE: Splitter is now fitted (Pic Heavy...)

Decided I needed to change my existing splitter a while ago because it was scraped and bent from the previous owner :/
I also wasn't keen on the holes in the front and wanted a smoother look.
So I brought a Skoda splitter and fitted it on friday :) Here come the pics...

Old splitter with the holes:
IMAG0212.png

Was easy enough to get off:
IMAG0215.png

Hard bit was just pulling these metal staples out of the bumper:
IMAG0216.png

Quite liked it without a splitter at all but it looked a little high :/
IMAG0217.png

IMAG0218.png

Underneath:
IMAG0225.png

End result:
IMAG0227.png

Much better :)
IMAG0228.png

Clio 1.6 16V 2002

Hi,

your car looks nice with all the wrapping done. I have something similar only with white wrappingfoil. I also wrapped my gear knob, but it looks a bith weird without the gearscheme decal on it.. I saw in your first post that you have a decal on it. Can I ask you where you found it?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards for a Dutch Clio owner..

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq

cars lookin good mate i put a skoda splitter on mine the other day doesnt half look better than the standard

Clio Campus

Done a good job with wrapping
Might have to steal idea of the speaker bit ;)
iv sprayed mine same blue as car think will look nice with carbon on it ;)
yeah like the splitter :)
and makes me want sport grills for mine even more :p

Hi,

your car looks nice with all the wrapping done. I have something similar only with white wrappingfoil. I also wrapped my gear knob, but it looks a bith weird without the gearscheme decal on it.. I saw in your first post that you have a decal on it. Can I ask you where you found it?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards for a Dutch Clio owner..

Hi mate, I got the gearstick and airbag decal from spray shack - http://www.spray-shack.co.uk/
Was only about £3 for both inc p&p, probs be a bit more for you seeing as your from Netherlands but yeah :)
Bet they do loads of different colours as well, you'll have to ask them.
There on here and Facebook as well if you can't contact them from their website.

Hope that helped :)

cars lookin good mate i put a skoda splitter on mine the other day doesnt half look better than the standard

Yeah I thought that too :p not bad for £12 :)

Done a good job with wrapping
Might have to steal idea of the speaker bit ;)
iv sprayed mine same blue as car think will look nice with carbon on it ;)
yeah like the splitter :)
and makes me want sport grills for mine even more :p

Haha cheers :) went a bit carbon mad when I first got the car, it was literally anything that I managed to pull off :p
Calmed down a bit now though but yeah think the speakers would look good with blue and carbon :)

Sports grill does make a massive difference compared to the standard one :)

Clio 1.6 16V 2002

Hi mate, I got the gearstick and airbag decal from spray shack - http://www.spray-shack.co.uk/
Was only about £3 for both inc p&p, probs be a bit more for you seeing as your from Netherlands but yeah :)
Bet they do loads of different colours as well, you'll have to ask them.
There on here and Facebook as well if you can't contact them from their website.

Hope that helped :)

Hi mate, I contacted them via e-mail and added your pictures. So we'll see if they are willing to help me! Thank you for sharing!

I also made a project topic for my own clio, so you can follow it if you're interested!

Kind regard..

This actually looks pretty good, The carbon wrapping seems a little over the top on everything but the quality of it is some of the best wrapping i've seen, nice work. I think with the splitter it looks soo much better.

pretty sweet mate :)

Edit: You said you got the splitter from skoda parts, as in this website? http://www.skodaparts.com/product/front-bumper-splitter-spoiler-fabia-2007-2011-33930

Thinking about getting it too :) thanks

Last edited:

Hi mate, I contacted them via e-mail and added your pictures. So we'll see if they are willing to help me! Thank you for sharing!

I also made a project topic for my own clio, so you can follow it if you're interested!

Kind regard..

Ah cool okay, I hope so, those decal's makes a big difference lol :p What colour will you go for? Just black or have you got a colour scheme going on? :) I'll definately check out your clio project though :D

This actually looks pretty good, The carbon wrapping seems a little over the top on everything but the quality of it is some of the best wrapping i've seen, nice work. I think with the splitter it looks soo much better.

pretty sweet mate :)

Edit: You said you got the splitter from skoda parts, as in this website? http://www.skodaparts.com/product/front-bumper-splitter-spoiler-fabia-2007-2011-33930

Thinking about getting it too :) thanks

Oops didn't see this post :p I guess it's not to everyone's taste but thanks for saying it's good quality :)
And yeah that's the exact same one I ordered mate :) got it within a few days of ordering :)

are you going to be ordering coilovers or springs?

I've still not decided, going to ask for a photoshop soon to see what a 40mm and 60mm drop would look like. I really don't know what would be best, springs would obviously be a lot cheaper though

ah sweet, cheers man and yeah carbon looks good in little bits but too much can take away from the effect of it in my opinion but yeah it looks good mate :) should be ordering my splitter next week :D

Clio 1.6 16V 2002

I just wanted black.. alle the interiortrim is wrapped white.. The Initiale-version has like green wood and looks realy old.. now it looks much more sporty!

Haha cheers :p haven't been on here in a while.

The wrapping's fairly easy, some smaller pieces are a bit fidly but it's not too bad once you've had a bit of practice :) you thinking of wrapping anything?

Haha cheers :p haven't been on here in a while.

The wrapping's fairly easy, some smaller pieces are a bit fidly but it's not too bad once you've had a bit of practice :) you thinking of wrapping anything?
No worries! ah sweet! well i've just ordered an A4 size amount for the minute, going to do the gear insert like you. I do like the sound of doing the spoiler, but mines been arranged to get colour coded so, i wont bother haha! Might do the dash board trim things (where it says air bag.) haha! but yeah! nice one buddy

This guy at work is selling some rear lights and I'm thinking of buying them, I've done a quick photoshop, what you think? :S

Standard rear lights:
mine.jpg

The lights in question:
lights.png

Want to lower my car but don't want to go down the coilover route. Do you think these would be any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2566fd5185

It says it lowers the front by 60mm and the rear by 40mm. Would it be better if I spent a little extra money and get springs which lower the same ammount on the front and back or is there no point?

Also, I'm going to get some wheel spacers, probably about 15mm/20mm to get a wider stance :)
Can anyone recomend some and would I need longer bolts?

RS172 Flamer

Most spacer kits on eBay require longer bolts (sold seperatley iirc) and in all honesty coilovers are the way forward unless you get eibach's

Most spacer kits on eBay require longer bolts (sold seperatley iirc) and in all honesty coilovers are the way forward unless you get eibach's

Ah right okay, thanks mate :) I'll keep looking round then

car looks really good mate i see what you mean mine lokks simular to yours at the min
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?635382-my-clio-1-2-16v

really like the carbon wrapping want to do some meslef is it easy to do?? thinking of pinching your idea of the spoiler think it looks really good

Yeah lol :p and thanks! Yeah it's pretty straight forward. The spoiler took the longest to do but it wasnt fidly like the hadbrake cover. I gave up on that :p All you have to do is heat up the CF wrap and stretch it over stuff :)

Just done a car insurance quote and lets just say, I won't be getting it lowered anytime soon. It's going to cost me an extra £900 with Admiral! Jesus, what a rip off :(

Anyway, things that will be more reasonable:

K&N Induction kit: will be ordering that soon :D
Exhaust: not really looked into that yet
Colour coding: going to see if I can get some already painted
8 spoke sport alloys: seem to be quite rare to buy :/
Wheel spacer: possibly if I need them after new alloys have been fitted

Just renewed my insurance and decided to go with elephant. This means I can now afford an induction kit which I ordered earlier and should be delivered on Wednesday as well as lowered suspension! :D I'm unsure whether to go for a 40mm drop or 60mm. Been looking around on the forum and most people are saying you hardly notice 40mm so should go for 60mm. The only thing I'm worried about is kerbs and speedbumps. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance :)

Ibiza Cupra 180

Mines lowered 60 mm and i haven't got stuck on anything yet! I will have my exhaust and rear lights for sale soon so keep your eyes pealed :p

BMW 330ci

If you are looking to lower your car, I would go for some coilovers mate, try and find some second hand. There will probably be some for sale on here. I had raceland ones and I found them to be good, because you can adjust them to the exact height you want, and believe me if they don't look as low as you were expecting you'll be gutted and will want coilovers.

Cheers for the advice guys :) I'll keep watching the for sale section and see if anything decent pops up :)

Anyway, a little update :D

My K&N induction kit arrived wednesday in the biggest box ever!

IMAG0495.jpg

IMAG0497.jpg

IMAG0498.jpg

Me and my Dad fitted it in about 45mins, the old airbox was horrible to get off!

IMAG0500.jpg

so much more room under the bonnet now it's gone though :)

IMAG0502.jpg

Very happy with the noise it makes, not sure if it's actually made it any faster but never mind :p

IMAG0505.jpg

That's it for now, going to a few local scrapyards soon in the search for some clear side repeaters and some painted side strips because I'm going to colour code it soon :)

Last edited:

Right, I know I’ve left it a while since my last update so this is gonna be a big’n!

Firstly I managed to find a pair of clear side repeaters from a scrap yard in Shirebrook. They were from a Twingo but are the same type. Quite happy with these as he didn’t charge me anything so it saved me about a tenner :)

IMAG0607.jpg

Still haven’t got around to colour coding it yet but I’ve got all the things now. Bought the side strips from hybrid beeson off here and some paint and clear lacquer, all I need now is time :p

IMAG0611.jpg

I have also brought some 9.5mm spacers but I’m just waiting on the longer wheel bolts to be delivered from demon tweeks. (Ordered and payed for 16 but then I get an email saying they’ve only got 8 in stock)

Decided to de-wiper the back window the other day as well, wasn’t too tricky but I did manage to snap one of the mounts on the motor, lol :(

Took the actual wiper off:
IMAG0530.jpg

Removed plastic boot trim and disconnected the motor:
IMAG0533.jpg

Snapped a mounting point but got the other one off intact:
IMAG0535.jpg

Took the motor out and removed the plate, then blocked the hole as it started to rain:
IMAG0542.jpg

Flatted the plastic down and primed it, then sprayed it gloss black:
IMAG0570.jpg

IMAG0581.jpg

How it looks now:
IMAG0586.jpg

Finally bobbyandrews sold me a rear strut brace:

IMAG0584.jpg

I know many of you think they’re pointless but this is purely for looks :) going to have it sprayed in Renault yellow to match the callipers.
Hopefully I can get my hands on a front strut brace soon and I’ll spray that yellow too.

Don’t think there’ll be any more updates for a while because I’m busy at college and work but hopefully I can get it colour coded soon.

Also looking to buy some second hand coilovers so if anyone knows of some going cheap, let me know :) cheers guys!