ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio OEM+

Sometimes my head just explodes when I think about the disparity between that (quite literally) "textbook" image of frequency response curves & critical damping, and the sort of modified cars you see out & about...

Back to diverting attention from the lights... do you plan to stick with non-sport front bumper & skirts? 172/182 bumpers will make it look like every other modified Clio but then again all aftermarket options make you look like you're late for a 90s Max Power event.

2004 clio 1.4 16v
not going to bother with the bumpers, might a rear 172, just want the dynamique wheels back on, colour coded n lowered on good coilover or suspension kit.

Vectra
forget about my light, thinking of buying vmaxx or ktec

Ones I'm selling are TA Technix, Vmaxx Coilovers sell brand new for £420.00 according to there website and have a max drop of 70mm.

Mine are going for £120 and have a max drop of 120mm, and there just as good. Just sayin.

172/1.2/E30
Ones I'm selling are TA Technix, Vmaxx Coilovers sell brand new for £420.00 according to there website and have a max drop of 70mm.

Mine are going for £120 and have a max drop of 120mm, and there just as gash. Just sayin.

EFA

Mine are going for £120 and have a max drop of 120mm, and there just as likely to kill you on our shitty roads as you bounce around the twisties. Just sayin.

EFA v2

2004 clio 1.4 16v
can anyone please tell me without taking the piss, will it be worth getting the powerflex bushes and a rear anti roll bar ?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
can anyone please tell me without taking the piss, will it be worth getting the powerflex bushes and a rear anti roll bar ?

If you insist on putting pish Coilovers on the car too then no.. I really don't see the point in spending a load of money on suspension for a 1400.. Just bank the money and save for a RS Clio.

2004 clio 1.4 16v
dont want buy a RS, only reason i am doing bits n bobs, is to make it look abit different because clio are common as muck, might just get i lowered on a good coilover set, and put the white wheels on.

Vectra
dont want buy a RS, only reason i am doing bits n bobs, is to make it look abit different because clio are common as muck, might just get i lowered on a good coilover set, and put the white wheels on.

low4.jpg

So you want it looking like this then.

why on earth 10k? were they on special offer?

I had 6k in my car without projectors, I thought at first it looked good. i then realised it was dazzling others promptly removed them and stopped being a knob. I mean for a tenner i can get actual oem patterned bulbs white as the moon, xenon look but not dazzling anyone, tiny blue twinge, they look factory...

i honestly cant see your reasoning.

Arctic 182FF
why on earth 10k? were they on special offer?

I had 6k in my car without projectors, I thought at first it looked good. i then realised it was dazzling others promptly removed them and stopped being a knob. I mean for a tenner i can get actual oem patterned bulbs white as the moon, xenon look but not dazzling anyone, tiny blue twinge, they look factory...

i honestly cant see your reasoning.
Which bulbs are the nice, white OEM ones? Link?

2004 clio 1.4 16v
handle well by that ment like, the clio is a dynamique is suspension is abit firm as standard, i dont drive like tit, just want it to be firm n low but still look good, hard to describe.

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
If you want it to handle well don't get Ta Technix, if you want mega lows and dont mind the sh*t ride then i would recommend them, but you will bounce around all over the place so if you want to drive the car they are dangerous. But it's a 1.4 at the end of the day its not fast so i have just gone for the low and slow option.

Going back to the lights though, the standard clio lights are some of the best i have seen on small cars. miles better than my mates old fiesta and even his golf mk5 lights.

2004 clio 1.4 16v
If you want it to handle well don't get Ta Technix, if you want mega lows and dont mind the sh*t ride then i would recommend them, but you will bounce around all over the place so if you want to drive the car they are dangerous. But it's a 1.4 at the end of the day its not fast so i have just gone for the low and slow option.

Going back to the lights though, the standard clio lights are some of the best i have seen on small cars. miles better than my mates old fiesta and even his golf mk5 lights.

so get a good set of coilover like GAZ, Weitec, SPAX, D2 or AP and should be sorted.

Which bulbs are the nice, white OEM ones? Link?

Our kid gets them from a shop in swinton, 55w or 100w you can have. when he's home i'll get him to post them in here. i have them in the meg, they are brilliant honest. no flare off reflectors, had them in for the run to lemans this year and they were spot on, E-marked too, might be a better choice for the OP too, but i doubt he'll be arsed n will stick to his illegal setup.

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
so get a good set of coilover like GAZ, Weitec, SPAX, D2 or AP and should be sorted.

If you don't want to compromise the handling but have it a little lower, yeah i guess so. i personally wouldnt spend a fortune on decent coilover for a non sport but thats your choice. Check out the non sport thread on here though there's tonnes of ideas that will help you out bud

2004 clio 1.4 16v
cheers, i think people got a bad impression from the light, the fog light 1s are out of the car, the headlight 1s will be as soon as i can find some 172/182 lights.

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
no probs, yeah hid's understandably are not very popular. Not a fan of the car at the moment, but the plans you have for it are better

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
not necessarily, would also depend on the tyres. i have never had standard wheels on mine though so couldn't tell you for definite. Someone on here will be able to answer that question for you, if you haven't offended them all too much with the lights comments

172/1.2/E30
Get some FK Highsport coilovers. Reasonable money, good handling and they offer a decent ride height (i'm serious now). AP's won't go low enough (especially on the rear) for you.

RenaultSport 182FF
Just going to pop the HID's back in again, just read through a s**t load of comments about them but you seem to be a little lost?

Don't think I'm having a go because I'm not, but the simple matter of the fact is people are saying remove them, not because they are stupid (they are), but because your endangering other road users.
It seems you approach it as if you are ok and that's all that matters.

You say that others don't seem bothered by it? I beg to differ, only because If that was me I'm not going to be looking at people as I pass waiting for a reaction on the brightness of my headlights.... your going to have your eyes on the road!!
Your being a bit selfish there mate, and don't seem to be bothered about other people's safety!!

And at the end of the day, its reasons like this my f**king insurance is high!!