ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First Clio!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I'm 17 and I've had my first car for around 6 months now, starting to do some modifications to it.
This is the car as I bought it. Its a Mk2 Ph2 1.2 16v Dynamique +

View attachment 51751

Over the months I've done the following:

K&N 57i Induction kit
Xenon's
Wolfrace 17" ProSprint
De-wiped
New sony head unit
Upgraded all 4 door speakers

Here is my car now..
View attachment 51749

View attachment 51750

The next job i'm thinking of doing it colour coding the bullets and the diamonds (not too sure on the colour though yet). Any comments, ideas would be great :)
p.s I need to get some decent pics up

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Those wheels look massive.
Car looks ok though, get a nice drop on it too.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
thanks for the replies, carbon vinyl would look good on it mirrors.
It needs lowering definitely, too high at the moment, 35-40mm?

a low one
agree with the wheel comments mate, look far too big! black team dynamics 1.2s would suit it well i think but they have been over done abit IMO

lower it atleast 60mm, rokkor coilovers would be a decent investment though for very little money

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
agree with the wheel comments mate, look far too big! black team dynamics 1.2s would suit it well i think but they have been over done abit IMO

lower it atleast 60mm, rokkor coilovers would be a decent investment though for very little money

Thanks for the advice I'll have a look at some. eBay best place for rokkor coilovers?

172 Cup
clios looking tidy :)
What ever you do dont buy fk lowering springs ha i had them on my car for a few months and it was the worst ride ever cheap and nasty hah,
ive got eibachs now there miles better. :D

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I'm thinking of spraying my bullets and diamonds, what colours do you think. for the bullets i was thinking a yellow background, with black 16v letters. and then a yellow diamond. i could then keep going with the yellow theme and do the callipers??
any suggestions are appreciated, thanks

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
looking good, yellow calipers would look good and maye yellow sidelights? how you finding the k-tec?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
looking good, yellow calipers would look good and maye yellow sidelights? how you finding the k-tec?

yh, im doing black drums and yellows calipers next mate. clear side repeaters and some silvervisions. I'm thinking about spraying my standard alloys and use them instead and then lower it

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
just a few pictures of the wheel refurb/respray, I'll upload some of them on the car later :)

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106-1.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
Looks good mate.
Need some smoked/clear side repeaters on!
Big fan of black and yellow. (+ the song by Wiz Khalifa ;) )
Will look good on its arse.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good mate.
Need some smoked/clear side repeaters on!
Big fan of black and yellow. (+ the song by Wiz Khalifa ;) )
Will look good on its arse.
Yh side repeaters are the next job, then the calipers and finally springs/coilovers. To be honest I was going to do the bullets and diamond black, but that song changed my mind;)