ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carbon stuff for 1*2 coming soon

Nike Lunar Elite's
This is the only picture I have >

Carbon.gif

afaik they were never actually finished as the company went bust before they were complete so I never got hold of them.

bic

Land Rover Discovery
white valver - sounds like a great product range. Do you forsee 5+ volume of sales per product to get the range into production ? that would make it happen sooner, it will take a little longer if we are to product products on a more riskfull basis with no orders. Risk is always htere, just wondering how great the market is for the early clio.

Simple things i can start first though, like wing mirror covers and plug cover ? Can you provide me with the parts ?

bic

Land Rover Discovery
hydeyho - look nice, will be great once a completed set is done for sure. I presume these were wet lay carbon/gel coat, any idea on what they envisaged charging ? and i presume the end cap is for the oe part to be retained ?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Bic - Wouldn't be a problem, the mk1 vee and mk2 vee's are different. Even the vents are diffferent.

Someone sells carbon vents but they are mega pricey imo.

What else...Not alot really, interior centre consol.

WOuld be amazing to make carbon engine covers....

bic

Land Rover Discovery
can you put some pictures up of the OE parts for me ? and maybe a link to the company that sells the vents perhaps ?

Lionel Richie
Bic - Wouldn't be a problem, the mk1 vee and mk2 vee's are different. Even the vents are diffferent.

Someone sells carbon vents but they are mega pricey imo.

What else...Not alot really, interior centre consol.

WOuld be amazing to make carbon engine covers....

they are not considering the OE ones are £500 EACH!

Nike Lunar Elite's
id be interested in a carbon renault badge for the front, think these would sell well.

Thats a good call too, along with the rear Renault diamond!

hydeyho - look nice, will be great once a completed set is done for sure. I presume these were wet lay carbon/gel coat, any idea on what they envisaged charging ? and i presume the end cap is for the oe part to be retained ?

Not a clue how much RRP was going to be, I was getting them free for supplying the oe parts ;)

They were wet lay rather than pre preg iirc and they were designed to retain the standard end caps, although he was also producing a set of these for me too!

CLIO Iceberg 172
When ou talk about rear bumper inserts are you talking about this bit in the 172 rear bumper?

Attachments

• THIS BIT.JPG
    THIS BIT.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 70

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Also I might well be interested in a cup spoiler in carbon :) Can we get a price list of bits to come on the first page or something? I think bic is going to be busy over the summer lol :D

80MPG BEEZA
i'm about to buy some carbon door cards bic so if your making up a set for front and rear gave me a shout :) hope your doing the rears so they sit inside the small shaped part on the rear quarter bits i'll get some pics :)

carbon front reno badge :)

carbon cup spoiler :)

carbon side mouldings :)

i already have carbon splitter and bonnet :)

80MPG BEEZA
Picture024.jpg

the section outlined in yellow is how i'd like the rear set made :) plus just normal piece for the front with only door handle cutout in it, i've had a previous price qoute of £150 hope this helps

white valver - sounds like a great product range. Do you forsee 5+ volume of sales per product to get the range into production ? that would make it happen sooner, it will take a little longer if we are to product products on a more riskfull basis with no orders. Risk is always htere, just wondering how great the market is for the early clio.

Simple things i can start first though, like wing mirror covers and plug cover ? Can you provide me with the parts ?
I reckon you could easily sell mk1 stuff on ebay if required, especially stuff that's easy-change - it's just the price will have to be right! There's also quite a few people who'd be interested in buying track-orientated stuff, like carbon door cards and panels, but it is a limited market in the end, I guess.

Might be worth registering on WilliamsClio and Clio16valver to gauge interest - I'd want several bits but can afford none at this moment in time :(

And there's plenty of people who will probably be happy to supply parts, just depends who's nearest to you!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Is there a time scale for when the carbon splitters might be done (I appreciate its early days!)

Im just caught between this and the splitter group buy thread!

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Wow - I hope all of this interest comes into some firm orders once the products are made peeps. Yes I know cost is important, but we are all in business to make a profit and its not a dirty word at the end of the day and I for one in other areas of business have never been greedy, so the same ethics i carry over to this industry. I do think it is a misconception about how much products replicated in carbon fibre do cost to produce and also many people do tend to really underestimate just how labour intensive things are, especially to get the kind of flawless finish we pride ourselves on and intend to promote through all of our product ranges.

Anyway . . . lol, unfortunately I cannot release any rrp prices until we have made what we intend to sell. It is pointless me drumming up a figure for it only to be a mile out becuase once making the product it may turn out far more time consuming etc and then end up producing goods for a loss, that is why so many companies go pear shaped in all types of industry (trust me, building and operating small, successful businesses is my bread and butter, whatever is being sold :)) I have given an indication of price with regard to the 106 and saxo parts we do which are hopefully similar to some for the clio, so you can get the idea. Also for example the splitters . . . Now I know K tec already offer the pslitter in wet lay carbon for £111 including vat plus postage ? We will be offering a pre preg version for potentially less money . . . I think you get where I am coming from, given the product we will be selling, this SHOULD be dearer than wet lay, although sometimes the market dictates this not to happen i appreciate, but just so people are aware, cheaper is never better and if we are selling a better product (in terms of finish, and nothing against k tec etc) for less, the product range won't stay around for long, as we won't make any money and will be forced to close our doors. I think the easiest way to describe what we have to offer as a company is 'best value' products. I will let the first samples do the talking.

Timescales - the products are going to be prepared this weekend for high build primer, flatted, polished and then given their first session of release agent, then probably Monday get the parts fixed onto some boards ready for gel coating (2 stages) and then laminating for the moulds (2 stages also), then release parts form moulds and flat and polish any imperfections, cure the mould at high tempreture to iron out any weaknesses or vacuums in the mould, carry out any repairs, flat and polish again, release agent the mould, then lay the first product into the mould, then cure . . . Takes a lot doesnt it ? lol

You guys will start seeing some products on here by the end of March and when i give a timescale, i stick to it. We are up for making this work and we will do our best to not let you down.

V6 side vents . . . Without a doubt the carbon versions can be retailed at less than OE so we can't possibly offer more than that and for a much better end product, depends how badly someone wants carbon side vents, just like anything else tbh.

Early clios, like you say there is a market and people will buy and yes it is a limited market, but if we can be the main supplir of that market, then it can be made to work.

Batman - was this quote for front and rear cards and in wet lay or pre preg ? and was this fully trimed, flatted, polished, bagged up job done posted out to you ? Can you give me some dimensions ? I will try and get some templates done of the clio doors and rear quarters this weekend anyway. Price for front and rear cards dependent on size of front will be approx £250-£299 and may potentially include accessory panels which we have branded as 'trackday interior kits' for the saxo and 106, this in very lightweight pre preg carbon :)

Cheers guys

Bic

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Not read all this thraed so sorry if this isn't particularly relevant but i had my Mk1 clio 16v roof made by Mervyn at streamline carbon and the quality is amazing raelly nice peice and he was a top fella to deal with

Ph-Quick
Excellent stuff - I will look forward to getting some carbon, spoiler and door strips sound good!

A phase 1 172 carbon splitter would be nice also since no-one does one that fits the phase 1 bumper properly ;)

Clio 172 cup
Would it be possible to make a carbon 172 MK1/Espace V6 airbox?

This would be something i would be very interested in as would perhaps the clio cup racers as they use the same thing.

This could be an alternative to the ITG Maxogen kit

bic

Land Rover Discovery
hydeyho - Yes i had thought of that when i was going round the car last weekend, lol. Certainly a quite simply peice to mould and not expensive to produce thus not a 'pants down' price to sell lol. Will certainly consider it, they can come undrilled, depending on requirements i figure ?

197Gaz - Believe me mate, I really want to do one too, fingers crossed ! ;)

Mini-valver - front door cards would be flat panels, with no handles, what does the standard handle look like inside ? is this for which clio ?

Beaniemoo - Yes mervyn said about your roof, I never got to see the finsihed product, I know you had a budget to stick too and werent too fussed on overall finish, but wanted it light etc, that was in wet lay too, in pre preg even better, so if you were happy with what he did for you, thats great as it only gets better :)

Batman - ah yes seen those on ebay, all wet lay form i presume, look lovely :), similarly priced to our flat panels for wet lay too :)

Ourkid - Is there a difference between the 2 bumpers then ? can you go into more detail ? as I guess you have bought a splitter and it doesnt fit ?

Banx22 - as said, everything is possible, you provide the product, we will then mould and turnaround the products :)

thanks

Bic

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I also think the interior stips across the dash in the Mk2/3 clios would look good in proper carbon fibre. A nice touch i think?

bic

Land Rover Discovery
oh yes very miuch so, always so many things isnt there, nightmare in one way, lol.

We also supply Carbon fibre number plates in any size at customer request, as below. rrp is £55 per per plus postage (club discount off this)
Before vinyl
Carbongoodies011.jpg

New028.gif

New029.gif

Thanks

Bic

titanic killer
dash strips would be great and also steering wheel badge and gear knob insert
can supply all mine if you like Bic

2002 172
get the interior bits done and ill buy as much as i can. love carbon audi s2's have carbon fibre interior dash/door strips with a tint of blue. looks mental :)

S3, HD Nightster
Hi Bic, say I wanted to get my interior grab handles and air vent surround in carbon (ph1 clio) how would I go about getting an estimate on the price? would I have to send them to you? post pictures and dimensions? thanks

Ph-Quick
Bic,

The bottom of the bumper is a slightly different shape. There isn't one produced for the phase 1 bumper unfortunately. People put the plastic 'cup' splitter on, as it can be trimmed and is flexible, however the carbon splitter is harder to get to fit right. I haven't purchased one - I was going to, until people on here mentioned its not a great fit.

Unfortunately I don't know how much different the two bumpers are, having never tried fitting a splitter. I'd imagine alot of phase 1 guys would be interested in a splitter! Getting a mould would be the problem I guess tho.

Paul