ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carbon stuff for 1*2 coming soon

M

mini-valver

Could you do a bootlid? Fibreglass or carbon as I know the CF will cost me a fortune!

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Mini valver - yes everything is possible, not enough hoursand hands at the minute, nor money, lol

M

mini-valver

I've always thought the boot to be fairly heavy. Looks to be a fair weight saving in it TBH.

Bic, how many people would you need to make it worthwile? Obviously thats a long way off as you are just starting out etc.Possibly one for the future as I'm sure there would be plenty of interest to make it worthwhile :)

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Mini-valver - indeed, the boot we will be able to halve the weight and if you are using the car for trackdays and then replace screen with poly/lexan abd lose lock, wiper motor etc and also use one of our spoilers it will be save a lot. the 106 doors we are working on at the minute fully trimmed weighed over 30kg, we aim to have them below 10kg when finished at the end of March :) anything is possible

5 orders with 50% deposit to get tailgate mould into production and based around retail price of £599 for wet lay tailgate, potentialy the clio tailgate can be done in 2 sections and will fit in our smaller autoclave and therefore be stronger, lighter and better quality item :)

I need to take some measurements, is this for the 172/82 ?

Lionel Richie
Fred - yes it can be tedious at times and I know hardly anything yet, still the workshop apprentice, lol. You must know your s**t though I bet, sound.

to be honest i find watching paint dry more fun than laying up composites! lol

i respect people that do it massively as i know quality composites when i see them (and in the "tuning market" 95% of it is shite made in china)

there's "pretty" composites (aka shite) and then there's the proper stuff! i payed a stupid amount for this box not too long ago, but its proper prepreg claved carbon, but then a few of my mates make F1 cars for a living ;)

P3030092.jpg

bic

Land Rover Discovery
mint ! quality can be hard to come by like you say, is that in a clio v6 above ?

bic

Land Rover Discovery
quick update, the tailgate would be pre preg outer and fibreglass inner frame Batman for that price too. fcuk wet lay, lol

Uploading a few update pics to photobucket of engine cover with alterations for mouolding

bic

Land Rover Discovery
lol - it will be in the bin once we have moulded it, lol

any pictures of thumb grips ?

fog light covers on the bench awaiting progress

bic

Land Rover Discovery
And we will make it look a lot better than that :)

How many people interested ? we only need 5 people to get it pushed forward quicker you see.

How much is that one above ?

PH2 172
Bic are you making the little plastic bit that goes in the rear bumper on the 172 as ill be interested in that the front splitter foglight housing and a engine cover but wont want it all at once as i wouldnt be able to afford it do you have a clue when ur be posting prices and wil you be making this stuff for a long time as like i said i cant afford it all at once ill just buy bits here and there when i can afford it ow and i maybe a carbon bonnet cheers Bic.

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Crustys172cup - Yes this will be available given time, aim to have a couple of products available from end of march and continual development with the rest. Prices will be listed once we have completed the mould and first prodeuct :)

Recaro'd 182
are you going to take orders over the phone bic or are youg going to create a website of all the bits you are potentially going to sell with pics and prices :p

PH2 172
yeah that would be good bic if you had a website so that we could do our orders over there and see pics of the work thats a good one MARK989

RallyXmad

ClioSport Club Member
  Cobra'd 172 Cup
Definitely have fog surrounds and rear bumper strip when they are available. Possibly door cards too.

Can you remove the thumb grips from the steering wheel? Can't say i've tried. Would be up for these too.

When you say mirror covers do you mean the black plastic bit or the actual wing mirror itself? I assume the black plastic bit....

bic

Land Rover Discovery
website is being dealt with yes, more importantly is getting the products created before claiming we can provide them though if you get me, lol

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Matty J - You asked about Renault 5 products, we have this slight quality 2nd R5 bonnet available at the minute, require final trim and flat/polish, but is good value at £299 (we will complete the final touches to it before sold obviously) I have also PM'd you. Weight of bonnet ids 5.2kg, fibreglass inner framework using OE fixings etc.

Carbonagain060.jpg

Carbonagain063.jpg

Carbonagain061.jpg

thanks

Bic

PH2 172
how much are the carbon fibre bonnets going to be for the 172 ph2 clio as ktec are abit expensive for me

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Pre preg outer skin with a fibreglass inner, bonnets all retail at £599, which is a stronger and lighter product than a wet lay carbon/fibreglass bonnet.

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Wet Lay/Gel Coat/Fibreglass uses a lot of resin/gel coat and a heavy fibreglass mix and cures without any heat, generally heavier, weaker and cheaper than pre preg carbon.

Pre preg (pre pregnated carbon fibre with resin and oven/auto clave cured), the very same method as used in all Motorsport variations due to strength and weight advantages, as oppose to shiney looks etc, although polished up pre preg looks just as good if not better than wet lay. Usually more expensive than wet lay for obvious reasons, especially given the machinery involved to complete the curing cycle etc.

That explain things a bit better ?

PH2 172
yeah cheer sis that what your going to be doin the splittersa dn foglight bits in cheers Bic cant wait to see some of the work.

bic

Land Rover Discovery
I can template those quickly and get them done, leave it with me as cvan then price it up accurately once I know how much material etc, approx £250-£299 I think I said depending on material I think ?