ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carbon stuff for 1*2 coming soon

PH2 172
Is the group buy on i aint sure if a carbon bonnet will look smart on my cup or not with my anthracite wheels how much are they going for with the group buy non vented bonnet

"Navy" N17 TWO
With anthracite rims it would look the mutz nutz :) I didn't know you had your rims done in that colour.

Check out the GB thread again mate

PH2 172
Yeah just got them done last week my old man sprayed them up for me the renault anthracite looks so much better now and iv had a few other bits and bobs done to it i cant really afford the carbon bonnet just yet was going to wait until maybe may to get one once iv sorted my money out.

ITB BG 182
I have not quiet read all the post but i have flicked through, you my son mr Bic have one fairly big email coming through.

ITB BG 182
the list of carbon fiber bits i want for my car is bloody stupid an if this chap says he can make what ever people want an gives me the correct price i will be slamming everything else aside an buying all that i want.

PH2 172
fair enough jonh i got a few bits i want for my car to love carbon but aint sure if a carbon bonnet will look smart on my Cup wat ya think mate carbon bonnet with carbon foglight housing carbon splitter and carbon mirror covers

ITB BG 182
Well im looking at a full carbon range an i dont think it will look ott either, i dont like the black plastic at the mo as it looks bloody awful.
What i would like in carbon is the following if possible that is :-

1. Bonnet non vented with washers in.
  2. fog light surrounds.
  3. front splitter.
  4. wing mirror covers.
  5. dash inserts.
  6. gear knob bit.
  7. steering wheel insert.
  8. thumb grips on the steering wheel as the ones on mine are going yucky.
  9. rear bumper strip
  10. and last but not least the bits of exhaust covers for the 182's
Quiet a list i know, but i truly do hate the black matt plastic

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Sorry for being so quiet, lol. Been busy, and it all takes time.

Bonnet mould now complete. We are just completing a Pre Preg Carbon Fibre inner and outer bonnet for a customer = £799 and our normal bonnets with a fibreglass inner and pre preg outer are £599. Please do not try to euate cost or quality of our products like for like with other companies, unless of the same standards ie: pre preg not wey lay. I am not trying to sound arrogant in saying this, and I know from a picture they may look similar, but when it comes to weight and strength pre preg offers so much more and yes is more expensive, for some wet lay may be enough, for others, pre preg opens many other options and benefits

We aim for the full carbon bonnet to come in at under 4kg hopefully, retaining all factory fixing points and a lovely 2x2 twillweave :)

Making progress with all the other small items at present too. Don't worry you will all be able to see the clio 172 in the flesh at our pit garage at FCS 2008 this year and see these products in the flesh, pictures really do them no justice :)

Also just completed one of my first door panels for the 106 :) mega exicted and just hope it goes through the cure cycle successfully.

Great list John - Will take some getting through, from us and you, lol

Thanks

Bic

Clio Bonnet mould (outer panel)

Carbonnnnn045.gif

Peugeot 106 outer door skin , 100% Carbon & Kevlar, 0 & 45 Degree weave lay up method

Carbonnnnn028.gif

Carbonnnnn033.gif

Carbonnnnn031.gif

Carbonnnnn042.gif

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Fibreglass bonnet now made, weighed in at 5.4kg inner and outer and including fixings bonded in. We also include carbon in the vunerable areas (corners) for obvious reasons. Going to trial fit it to a car this weekend and as long as all good will then get the carbon panel made. Other moulds are also progressing nicely, bit behind schedule but getting there.

Also weighed the Cup OE rear spoiler yesterday, 2.6kg, so we should get that down to about 1kg i would say with all fixings in place etc.

Fibreglass bonnet will be for sale by the way for anyone wanting a lightweight bonnet for trackcar etc, designed to be used with bonnet pins at the front, retains OE fixing points for rear hinges though. £179.99, collection only.

few pictures of the door panels from the mould, this will be the quality and weave etc of the parts for the Clio

Carbon023.gif

Carbon022.gif

Carbon024.gif

Carbon025.gif

Cheers

Bic

bic

Land Rover Discovery
price will be confirmed once we have developed the products properly and happy with them, it generally takes a couple of times to perfect the mould, laminating method, curing cycle etc. Only once we have got that sorted do we then know correct retail cost really. The parts like splitter and rear insert are very simple shapes though so that helps with prices

Qashcow
at the prices your suggesting i'd take a fair amount of it over time. im going for a silver 172 with black everything else so carbon side strips etc would look hot

bic

Land Rover Discovery
great :)

we weighed the fibreglass bonnet today, came in at 5.1kg. Going to trial fit it tomorrow and then if all ok, get the carbon version underway.

What does the standard bonnet weigh ? I will weigh it tomorrow anyway if no one knows

Qashcow
is it a PH1 or PH2 bonnet. im not sure about the PH2 clios but on the PH1's theres a normal steel bonnet and some have an Aluminium bonnet. mine's ally, mums is steel lol. but dont know the weight of either sorry

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Phase 2 Bombergtr

Here are some pics off the car, my brother is popping round this afternoon to fit onto the car.

RenaultClio172182FGbonnet001.gif

RenaultClio172182FGbonnet003.gif

RenaultClio172182FGbonnet002.gif

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Okay peeps, pics of the bonnet fitted. Carbon one should be done in the next couple of weeks. Engine cover and mirror covers also within the next week or so :)

Clio172FGbonnet002.gif

Clio172FGbonnet003.gif

Clio172FGbonnet004.gif

Clio172FGbonnet006.gif

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Looks like a Very Nice Fit... Rough Idea on the weight of the CF Version??

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Clio-Coby - Well as with all these things there are always plenty of options available, so depending on the budget etc, that has a relevance to the overall weight due to amounf of carbon used as oppose to heavier materials etc. brief overview of what our bonnet and tailagate options are:

Trackday Fibreglass Bonnet
Inner & outer panels full fibreglass with carbon fibre strengthening at rear hinge points, designed for use with bonnet pins, gel coat finish (choice of colour), uses OE hinge fixing points
= £179.99
Weight = 5.18kg - Confirmed

Trackday Bonnet - Carbon/Fibreglass mix
As above plus
Outer panel materials include gel coat finish, 1 x ply of fibreglass, 1 x ply of heavyweight carbon fibre and peel ply finish on undersaide of outer skin (leaving smooth and removing uneccesary resin)
= £249.99
Weight = Approx 5kg

To use OE latching mechanism on the above bonnets please add £49.99

Full Carbon Fibre Gel Coated Trackday bonnet
Inner & Outer in full carbon with no fibreglass, gel coated finish.
= £399.99
Weight = Approx 4.5kg

Pre Preg carbon fibre outer skin (weave on show) with fibreglass inner skin
Price = £599.99
Weight = Approx 4kg-4.5kg

Pre preg carbon fibre inner & outer skin (weave on show on both panels)
Price = £799.99
Weight = Approx 3.5kg

The Ultimate full carbon panel with trimmed inner panel and still retaining oe fixing points, offering the best of both worlds, light, strong and practical
price = £799.99
Weight = Approx 3kg

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Wicked :)

more thsan 50% reduction is spot on and usually the norm with carbon, let alone fibreglass. Lets see if we can get this carbon bonnet we are doing under 4kg perhaps :)

ITB BG 182
well my cf bonnet thread went tits up, think i might get a fiberglass one to get rid of the weight but is one available in black by any chance?

bic

Land Rover Discovery
you want it in a black gel coat ? Are you not going to paint it ? What appened with regard to the carbon bonnets then John ?

Mirror covers work in progress :)

Qashcow
was sitting behind a 172 earlier, i know it wont appeal to many people but ive removed my wiper motor and just plugged the hole with a halfords bung. the black plastic bit on the ph1, is it possible to have it made in carbon but without the hole? like the cup racer ones