ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Yeah was a bit nipply then tbh!

Sorry James but the pic of the headlight dangling about is amusing :eek:

Thanks again Tony and Helen for brews and bacon!

Great write up as always Tony :) Thanks again to you and Helen for the help on Friday.

You certainly did get an epic start as always!

P.s don't forget race 2 this time ;)

Sorry James but the pic of the headlight dangling about is amusing :eek:
I couldn't believe the loom held the light dangling around for so long!

clio cup
Great write up Tony and look forward to any video's,

Thanks again for your hospitality and was great to finally get out there, Paul and James said they were glad to help out,

James is now thinking of building a clio to run with us for next year (there goes my spanners man)

Clio 200
Good write up Tony. I think I may have made it easier than I intended to by wasting so much time unnecessarily defending - novice racing driver's mistake! Either way, I think you did a brilliant job to cover so much distance in the last few laps including 3 overtakes - maybe the red mist was helping? I look forward to seeing the video of how you did it.

Anyway, nice to meet you guys - I have to say the atmosphere in the paddock was brilliant and you were all very welcoming. It's enough to make me reconsider plans for next year and persuade me to pledge allegiance to the French Trophy (or whatever it ends up being called..!) rather than the Tin Tops as was the original plan.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Ah I can only stay for the first 2 TA races, Inconsiderate people with birthdays and meals! :rolleyes:

182cup & 172 racecar
Good write up Tony. I think I may have made it easier than I intended to by wasting so much time unnecessarily defending - novice racing driver's mistake! Either way, I think you did a brilliant job to cover so much distance in the last few laps including 3 overtakes - maybe the red mist was helping? I look forward to seeing the video of how you did it.

Anyway, nice to meet you guys - I have to say the atmosphere in the paddock was brilliant and you were all very welcoming. It's enough to make me reconsider plans for next year and persuade me to pledge allegiance to the French Trophy (or whatever it ends up being called..!) rather than the Tin Tops as was the original plan.

It's much relaxed, and we try and make everybody welcome. Be great if you did come over to the dark side.

Overtaking is fun.

Glad you enjoyed Kev.

182cup & 172 racecar
Oulton Race report 2

Car bashed out, new rear disc and bearing (thanks James) ready to go again.

There were some gaps on the the grid this time, James was not running and the Suzuki Swift was again starting from the back.

I forgot to angle the car on the grid at the gap in front, this caused a slight hindrance getting off the line as I need to turn right as well as go forward, welcome wheelspin.

I really needed to tuck in behind Russ, as I didn't want him to get away, Adam Lockwood got in the way, and it was a little early to have a go into Cascades ( although I should have done), Ian had gone round the outside, but had a wobble on the kerb, and Russ slipped in front.

Adam squeezed past Ian going into Old Hall, so I locked onto my old mates tail, I think they call it Hunting in packs lol, poor old Adam had me and Ian swapping places and zig zagging about behind him for the rest of the race, some of it was REALLY close, but we all managed to avoid each other, I almost made it past going into Brittens chicane, but thought better of it which was a bugger, as Adam had seen me and left me room, but it was too late I had already backed out, damm!!
9997209095_0a315449e1_b.jpg

All this was so frustrating as we could see Russ up ahead within spitting distance, but just unable to do anything about it at all.

During all this the car was getting a little warm, I did see 103 on the dash at one time, but you could have chucked a hat over all three of us at times.
2013NipponOultonRace2129_zpsef8df7a3.jpg

Nothing more to say really, as that's how it ended, we just couldn't find a way past Adam, hat's off to him for that, as it couldn't have been easy with us two behind.

Great race, good, clean and fun, shame we couldn't catch Russ and give him a hard time. Another day maybe.
2013NipponOultonRace2103_zps8b32081f.jpg

6th overall and 3rd in class, got something from the weekend.

Thanks for all the help from everybody and of course the usual suspects

Helen
Mike
Nick.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Love the race reports, need to put more effort into mine for next time! I was expecting 2 clios to be on me at any point during the race, you never came, I was praying for the last lap board every time around!
Russ

182cup & 172 racecar
Love the race reports, need to put more effort into mine for next time! I was expecting 2 clios to be on me at any point during the race, you never came, I was praying for the last lap board every time around!
Russ

Really glad for you mate, was a great result.

We would have given you a really hard time time if we had got past Adam ;)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
PMSL And I thought he was the one in the middle!

Edit: Actually i'll go steady I want to be allowed more tea at Donny :eek: