ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Cup In bits
Going forward ph2 panels will be easier to get plus I'm almost certain cups have slightly different strut tops.

As Tony said though its going to need loads of work over the winter, it would be better time and money spent throwing it all in a nice fresh ph2 shell IMO.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I agreed with mr swede, in terms of availability of panels alone moving forward I think the Ph2 makes more sense, ph1 are actually starting to become a rare car, give it a couple more years and it will be hard to pickup a cheap bumper or wing for them.

I'd reshell it - can't be much more than a few weekends work
I've seen 2 182's sell for under £400 in the last few weeks with engine issues. By the time you buy one and sell the leather, wheels, standard bits - you'd be in profit after the re-shell easily

182cup & 172 racecar
I'd have to find somewhere to put the swirl pot though, as atm it sit's in the spare wheel well.

Plus I was hoping to do it in a weekend, with a little help of course.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Like I mentioned tony my donor ph1 shell is yours for peanuts.. or the Suspension loan fee even ;)

182cup & 172 racecar
re-shell for a dink in the wing? behave

(i have a straight phs1 shell outside work all stripped ready to go!)

No just that, I'll have to wait until it get's stripped in the winter, see how much welding really needs doing.

And yes I did think of the space you could do with, if it comes with one of those custom cages, your on. ;)

Cup In bits
The panel arguement doesn't hold much water though, can easily change the front end to a ph2. I'd only reshell if the shell is past it tbh.

Off course but I would rather re shell a 3-4 year old race car that's in need of a tidy up (Tonys words) than put quarters and sills on one with the price of a shell. Front end swap needs different panels to be done right.

182cup & 172 racecar
Well guy's and gals, 3 days to go before the season finale at Donington.

Going to be a few of us there

Me
James
Dinger
Sonny
Pete Toast

So should be a good one, I might have to watch my back, as a few have returned for this one t hat might gang up on me, so we shall have to wait and see lol.

I know a few are coming to watch, so pop by and say hello, if your lucky there might be some Chilli left in the pot. :)

See you all on Sunday.

clio cup
I'm really looking forward to this one,
Looking at the line up for our class and the fact that I have completed my first race with no damage or mechanical faults,, I shall be going for some silver ware!,
Really going to push my car and myself.
Tony, Are we going to try and get all the clio's together in the paddock? I know you'll probally be there first, so you can be our scout, lol

I know its not a French Trophy meeting but would look good and get some more interest for next year as its going to be a busy meeting.

182cup & 172 racecar
Dave, they have got somebody telling us where to go, but I shall try and get on one of the ends, maybe down near Redgate.

But I can't go telling people,"you can't park there mate". But yes it would be good if we could all be together.

I'm again still waiting\undecided (gear box all sorted) - as now 2nd reserve not sure if I want to go to all the effort to just bag the last race of the day at 6pm.

Some people are testing today I've been told, so may be (hopefully) some early withdrawals. I've to let SV know tomorrow when he'll have an idea of any last minute grid changes.

Who, Russ? His is a 182 and I haven't seen his name on the entry list.

Mines the white 172 ;) (with dents)

I know who you are!

I did think the other white Clio was a Ph2 172 though. With the Union Jack flag on the roof. Maybe I'm going crazy and mixing two different cars up!

But yeah anyway, that's who I meant lol.

Shame he isn't on the list too otherwise would have been a full house for the cars I know of.

182cup & 172 racecar
I'm again still waiting\undecided (gear box all sorted) - as now 2nd reserve not sure if I want to go to all the effort to just bag the last race of the day at 6pm.

Some people are testing today I've been told, so may be (hopefully) some early withdrawals. I've to let SV know tomorrow when he'll have an idea of any last minute grid changes.

Come on Pete, you'll get. It's going to be fun, apart from sleeping with Dinger. Paul and James are scary in the dark.
See you on Sunday. :)

Looking forward to this big time, my first race and first time at Donington apart from Monsters of Rock in 94 lol

Would be good to be together for sure, might feel uncomfy with a bunch of rice burners.

Rice burners lol, you're gonna die.

I know who you are!

I did think the other white Clio was a Ph2 172 though. With the Union Jack flag on the roof. Maybe I'm going crazy and mixing two different cars up!

But yeah anyway, that's who I meant lol.

Shame he isn't on the list too otherwise would have been a full house for the cars I know of.

It might be, I don't know fk all.;)

I'm off Sunday, if the weather is okay I might head up for this.

Pussy, sunshine my arse. (it's going to be fine)

182cup & 172 racecar
Vans all loaded, just got to get race car fuel and that should be it. Trying to get as much done tonight as very busy tomorrow.

Allez les frenchies!!

clio cup
I double dare you to say "Rice burners" on Sunday Sonny, lol, I'm sure Pete will wanna see what happens too!

I've had to seperate Paul and James in the tent as they are like two adelesant school boys on Xmas Eve.

I double dare you to say "Rice burners" on Sunday Sonny, lol, I'm sure Pete will wanna see what happens too!

I've had to seperate Paul and James in the tent as they are like two adelesant school boys on Xmas Eve.

Haha a good mate of mine drifted out of the VW scene years ago and got himself a Civic, worst thing he did imo, his since seen the light and got himself into VAG Audi...he used to get the rippings a lot about the rice burner.

Any updates from testing today, did any one drop out, hope I get on to the grid

clio cup
Haha a good mate of mine drifted out of the VW scene years ago and got himself a Civic, worst thing he did imo, his since seen the light and got himself into VAG Audi...he used to get the rippings a lot about the rice burner.

Any updates from testing today, did any one drop out, hope I get on to the grid

So how does that work? Do you just wait till someone crashes out of the first trace and is unable to fix the car for the rest of the meeting, and how much do you pay, Pro rata?