ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Cup In bits
Cheers lads, I have the same just now but axle stiffness is the only adjustment I'll have on the rear so a bit worried about it being an animal to hold onto with what is basically metal rods for suspension.

172 Race Car
Standard beam is rubbish when using sticky tyres. We got fed up with having to change camber shims around to try and square it up after races. Geo doesnt budge now (unless you get hit by some knob at Donington who breaks the wheel while hes at it)

182cup & 172 racecar
Standard beam is rubbish when using sticky tyres. We got fed up with having to change camber shims around to try and square it up after races. Geo doesnt budge now (unless you get hit by some knob at Donington who breaks the wheel while hes at it)

Ah yes, I remember Mr knob.

182cup & 172 racecar
Had a go at repairing the sill today, was a real mess tbh. But after a lot of cutting, stretching, bashing and swearing, it's as good as it's going to get. Can of rattle spray and nearly ready to fit side skirt, when sprayed black.

Just the front wheel to sort out, noticed it was toeing in about 6mm lol on the o/s, I'm guessing bent wishbone, but we'll see.

mallory_frenchtrophy_2013_2.jpg

Possibly the last time it looked straight ;)

Is a re-shell likely at the end of this season then?

182cup & 172 racecar
What, because of a bent sill. Hardly, thats nothing, a mere flesh wound lol.
Side skirt is aleady painted and ready to go back on, just the plastic trim holders to rivit in position, but that will have to wsit until I'm back from hols.

I need to sort out whatevers bent underneath before anything else, got get it pointing straight before cosmetic messing about.

Chase Racing Clio
Had a go at repairing the sill today, was a real mess tbh. But after a lot of cutting, stretching, bashing and swearing, it's as good as it's going to get. Can of rattle spray and nearly ready to fit side skirt, when sprayed black.

Just the front wheel to sort out, noticed it was toeing in about 6mm lol on the o/s, I'm guessing bent wishbone, but we'll see.

You've still got those other wishbones haven't you? (if you trust the numpty who made them!)

182cup & 172 racecar
Lol, just watched a Radical race from Cadwell from the weekend we were there.

1.23, looks like it's speeded up. That's 20 sec quicker than us around there, I want a go in one of those.

182cup & 172 racecar
Been a busy weekend.

Changing to fiberglass doors is not as easy as some make out ffs, glad I didn't attempt them before Cadwell!!

Having a Dremmel was the most grace saving thing ever.

Anyway, all done and wrapped in white (another colour white) :rolleyes:, cars looking like it's done a season already lol.

Oh and wrapping is a pain as well, not easy on your own either.

Just oil, water and other little bits to do now, must get it done before the GP, then all ready for Oulton next week. Can't wait now, plus it will also be good to see some other guy's out at Oulton, Russ and Dinger.

We have quite a good grid next week, so should be interesting indeed.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Quick question, regards to the FT races how long does it take to scrutineer the cars and do they have to be done prior to event as well?

Takes place just after driver signs on, normally 5/10 min check around the car.

Normally spend more time checking drivers overalls and helmet etc. than the car. Lol

182cup & 172 racecar
Not long Sonny, as Mike say's a quick look over.

If it's tidy, they don't really pay much attention to it, just the basics, cut off, lights etc.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Hiya tony,what time does the racing start the weekend as i havnt seen you racing for a while.....actually the last time i watched you was at oulton,when the engine gave up the race..:(.