ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ah yeah I get ya now. Tbf mate, the pipe is the aeroquip startlite and it's extremely flexible! It's got a lot of strength, buts not as rigid as the braided stuff is.
I'll definitely look at fitting an addition clip though if I can. :up:
Ah fair enough, I assumed it was the normal braided effort used for oil coolers and stuff which is mega stiff!
No worries, just though I'd mention it

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Me and the other half (@not normal dan - lol!) had a little road trip today to sort out the front brakes. This time next week should see me with a pair of 295x28mm 2 piece rotor and bell setup. Changed a few details of the bell to hopefully rule out the need for a spacer when running the superleggeras as well.

Yet another job ticked off the list! I'll hopefully have the fandango rear stub axles and brackets next weekend as well, so lots happening now.

More to come. :cool:

Megane r26
Me and the other half (@not normal dan - lol!) had a little road trip today to sort out the front brakes. This time next week should see me with a pair of 295x28mm 2 piece rotor and bell setup. Changed a few details of the bell to hopefully rule out the need for a spacer when running the superleggeras as well.

Yet another job ticked off the list! I'll hopefully have the fandango rear stub axles and brackets next weekend as well, so lots happening now.

Yeah little gold mine tucked away, why does me wallet feel rather nervous????

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Just read through this thread again. The pictures are like p**n.
It's giving me some inspiration to crack on with mine, especially now the boys got the motor out for me.

Is it done yet Mark?!?!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Just read through this thread again. The pictures are like p**n.
It's giving me some inspiration to crack on with mine, especially now the boys got the motor out for me.

Is it done yet Mark?!?!
Funny you should say that actually, as I've looked through again at some of the pictures in here recently. The threads had over 42,000 views as well!! Bonkers.
Glad it's giving you some inspiration though mate! Anything in particular inspiring you?

Soon mate, soon. @not normal dan saw it on Friday and has seen how close it is to being fired up now.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Funny you should say that actually, as I've looked through again at some of the pictures in here recently. The threads had over 42,000 views as well!! Bonkers.
Glad it's giving you some inspiration though mate! Anything in particular inspiring you?

Soon mate, soon. @not normal dan saw it on Friday and has seen how close it is to being fired up now.

I love the attention to detail fella, and clever things like the mounting of the ecu.

To be honest mine will be slapped together this year as I just want to drive it! Lol.

Things like modifying the loom to chuck out the unwanted bits, convert to epas and a bit of bling will be on the list this winter I hope.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I love the attention to detail fella, and clever things like the mounting of the ecu.

To be honest mine will be slapped together this year as I just want to drive it! Lol.

Things like modifying the loom to chuck out the unwanted bits, convert to epas and a bit of bling will be on the list this winter I hope.
I don't know any other way mate unfortunately so it just means everything takes longer to do!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Another update sports fans!

Today I got the call to say my brake bells and rotors were ready for collection. Very pleased with how these have turned out!! These are a custom 295x28 setup and they're still lighter than the original 280's, so substantially lighter than the 300mm scenic discs! Winner winner. Chicken dinner!
Anyway, less waffle more pics!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The bottom of the pad has .5mm - 1mm clearance on the bell itself, so it's a very close fitting brake setup. Needless to say, I love custom stuff!!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Another update sports fans!

Today I got the call to say my brake bells and rotors were ready for collection. Very pleased with how these have turned out!! These are a custom 295x28 setup and they're still lighter than the original 280's, so substantially lighter than the 300mm scenic discs! Winner winner. Chicken dinner!
Anyway, less waffle more pics! View attachment 149578View attachment 149579 View attachment 149580The bottom of the pad has .5mm - 1mm clearance on the bell itself, so it's a very close fitting brake setup. Needless to say, I love custom stuff!!

Lovely stuff mate. Top work! [emoji4]

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Piece of weewee.
Had to remove heat shield though as it was catching a bit with the longer stick but all is good.
Feels nice and tight :)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Not worth rushing it.
Are you taking it to EFI or do you know somewhere more local?
Exactly mate. Come to far to start doing any of that. I'm pretty sure it'll be going to efi, but still not 100% decided yet.

Piece of weewee.
Had to remove heat shield though as it was catching a bit with the longer stick but all is good.
Feels nice and tight :smile:
Happy days mate. The nylon know looks well too! I'm ordering a pms shifter next week I think.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I would of gone pms but hear a lot about it being noisy.
Not to bad in a track focused car like yours but in a daily would do my nut in.
Yeah, I like the knob. Feels weird at the moment but will become normal.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I would of gone pms but hear a lot about it being noisy.
Not to bad in a track focused car like yours but in a daily would do my nut in.
Yeah, I like the knob. Feels weird at the moment but will become normal.
I have a plan for the shifter rattle mate. There will be none of that in my car! It's a refined track car!!
Yeah it'll soon become the norm mate.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I was eyeing up some bells on eBay last night..had to stop myself from spending even more, but then you go and post another envious part!!
Just looks awesome :up:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I thought you would have a plan tbh.
Definitely coming along when you get this on track if you decide to do some in the UK.
I know your a ring stinger.
Always have a plan mate. Lol! Yeah it'll do some uk days mate for sure. :up:

I was eyeing up some bells on eBay last night..had to stop myself from spending even more, but then you go and post another envious part!!
Just looks awesome :up:

Lol sorry mate!