ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
You want to talk gstop?
Where to start?
Couldn't get it working first time. Spoiler on/off 5 times.
Then had a brainwave to put a brace on the brake and tilt the device so gravity took over to trigger the device. That got it flashing so I fitted it again. Hooned around, slamming on the brakes.... nothing.
Spoke to the guy and he said to change the settings in the app.
Only problem is that the app is ios only which I don't have.
Had to go on a mission to my brothers to get his iPad only to find he gave me the wrong password for iTunes so I locked the account. Finally got it unlocked but then his ios software was out of date so I've had to wait for that to update. There is 10 minutes left on the update as we speak.
IT BETTER WORK NOW!

BG Clio 182
Flol! How's the gstop coming along?!

Cheers mate. I'm certainly hoping so. :up:
How much do you charge to refurbish the 182 gearbox? As in if it's removed and sent down to you?

There's nothing so much up with mine yet but I'm thinking of turbocharging and accept it'll probably need a rebuild in its life so want to know to factor it in lol.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You want to talk gstop?
Where to start?
Couldn't get it working first time. Spoiler on/off 5 times.
Then had a brainwave to put a brace on the brake and tilt the device so gravity took over to trigger the device. That got it flashing so I fitted it again. Hooned around, slamming on the brakes.... nothing.
Spoke to the guy and he said to change the settings in the app.
Only problem is that the app is ios only which I don't have.
Had to go on a mission to my brothers to get his iPad only to find he gave me the wrong password for iTunes so I locked the account. Finally got it unlocked but then his ios software was out of date so I've had to wait for that to update. There is 10 minutes left on the update as we speak.
IT BETTER WORK NOW!
Flol!!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
By the way, Mark.
I'm in the process of buying a taboo fast road stick. Any chance you can fit for me if I'm struggling? I want to fit a quaife gear knob to it.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one. As soon as he said I need to modify the housing I thought of you. Was in one ear out the other.

A yanoo by the way. Flol predictive txt

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, looks decent and always heard good things. I was going to get a scenic shifter and do it that way but may as well buy the full kit straight from yanoo.

BG Clio 182
Yeah, looks decent and always heard good things. I was going to get a scenic shifter and do it that way but may as well buy the full kit straight from yanoo.
Best mod I did to my car. Properly night and day difference. It needs to bed in though. Feels a bit forced for the first few hundred miles. Beds in beautifully though.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, cheer for the heads up. I take it that it's a cat off job to fit Mark?
If so, I think mine is sleeved and welded from what I can remember. How will you get around that? Sorry for spamming your thread :D

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Nice, cheer for the heads up. I take it that it's a cat off job to fit Mark?
If so, I think mine is sleeved and welded from what I can remember. How will you get around that? Sorry for spamming your thread :smiley:
I think that I managed to squeeze mine past the cat when I fitted mine tbh mate, but yeah cat off or as low as possible is the only way. If it's sleeved and welded we could be in the s**t though!!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
@NorthloopCup have had it up on the ramp. It's not welded, just sleeved and clamped. I take it once the silencer end is removed then the cat just hangs down allowing access that way?
Cat doesn't have to come off completely?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Basically, if you brake hard, it makes the brake light start flashing until you release the brake pedal again.
Is meant for better visability when slowing on motorways etc.
Pretty nice bit of kit once set up right.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ok so fittings arrived today so I made a start on installation and modification.
@M.C.. this is where you may be interested in what I've done. I spoke with Faye at speedflow for a solution to the 1/8bsp oil pressure sensor thread. I explained what I'd got and what my thoughts were, and she offered what I think is a better solution! She recommended a male-male -4 fitting with a 1/8npt fitting.
image.jpeg
I then drilled all the way through to the opposite side and tapped it out to 1/8bsp:
image.jpeg
This has to have a chamfer put in at the top to allow the 'o' ring to locate and not be squashed out when the sender is fitted. I put a 1/8npt bung in the now redundant npt thread and fitted a -4 blanking on the end of the male-male fitting:
image.jpeg
Like a glove. That's how it fits! :up:

Made a start on making up the oil line for the sender. Just a case of deciding where to mount it tbh.
image.jpeg
Not sure where though atm, as ideally it needs to be mounted to the chassis, but I'm pretty confident that I can mount it to the engine with a rubber lined p clip as this will remove a lot of the vibration that the sender would see.

More to come. :cool:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Had another few minutes spare this afternoon so I finished the oil pressure sensor plumbing today.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I opted to mount the sensor over on the o/s inner wing. Should hopefully be reasonably vibration free.

Next on the agenda will be where to mount the gauge. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears! I offered it up to the air vents in the centre of the dash and tbh, it looked w**k. Anyone got any thoughts?

More to come

Had another few minutes spare this afternoon so I finished the oil pressure sensor plumbing today. View attachment 148845View attachment 148846 I opted to mount the sensor over on the o/s inner wing. Should hopefully be reasonably vibration free.

Next on the agenda will be where to mount the gauge. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears! I offered it up to the air vents in the centre of the dash and tbh, it looked w**k. Anyone got any thoughts?

More to come
I'e get a large P clip or similar round the actual hose there mate, I've seen these alloy fittings fatigue fracture, or the threaded section on the sensor break off in similar circumstances.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Is that just normal gearbox oil you're using? Or some special brew..

I was thinking of having my gauges somewhere like this:

FullSizeRender_zpsdsmm7nyh.jpg

Thought it looked ok?
The gear oil is redline MTL mate. There's about £50-£60 quids worth in the box! 😢

Yeah that looks ok, but I've got a dual gauge, so I'd either lose 1 vent or be left with it looking like there's a bit forgotten about if you get me?

I'e get a large P clip or similar round the actual hose there mate, I've seen these alloy fittings fatigue fracture, or the threaded section on the sensor break off in similar circumstances.
Thanks for the suggestion. Which picture are you relating to though mate? The hose is secured with a nylon p clip on to the alternator bracket, but not sure if it's all that visible.

Awesome attention to detail, as per usual!

I need to pull my finger out and finish the Megane.
Thanks mate. :up:

Thanks for the suggestion. Which picture are you relating to though mate? The hose is secured with a nylon p clip on to the alternator bracket, but not sure if it's all that visible.
Hi mate,

This one:
image-jpeg.jpg

You've got the sensor securely fitted to the shell and all the relative movement from the engine, transmitted down a relatively stiff hose is taken by the thread on the sensor itself, and the alloy adaptor hanging off it.

It will probably be fine, but for the sake of an extra clip I'd be making sure, a mates rally car snapped a sensor thread off and emptied the oil all over the ground the year before last.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hi mate,

This one:
image-jpeg.jpg

You've got the sensor securely fitted to the shell and all the relative movement from the engine, transmitted down a relatively stiff hose is taken by the thread on the sensor itself, and the alloy adaptor hanging off it.

It will probably be fine, but for the sake of an extra clip I'd be making sure, a mates rally car snapped a sensor thread off and emptied the oil all over the ground the year before last.
Ah yeah I get ya now. Tbf mate, the pipe is the aeroquip startlite and it's extremely flexible! It's got a lot of strength, buts not as rigid as the braided stuff is.
I'll definitely look at fitting an addition clip though if I can. :up: