ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

I'll make a list of what I would do if it was a Black/Gold theme :cool:
  • Back bumper insert = Pearl Black
  • Bullets = Gold
  • Front/Back Diamond & "Clio" on boot= Gold
  • Front Diamond Background = Black
  • Spacers for the rear wheels
  • Colour code the front bumper inserts or 182/172 Front w/ meggy splitter
  • Colour code door handles
  • Gold calipers and Black rear drums
  • Remove green stickers
  • Straighten exhaust and get a surround
  • Good clean

^. Lol quote didn't work -.-

Pictures must be deceiving as it looks like there's loads of room. Not a fan of the gold bumper insert on the back; it's your car though, you don't tend to do things in half measures really :p

haha they do a little bit, probs better to see it in person, and the rear bumper insert was just an idea I was toying with...

I'll make a list of what I would do if it was a Black/Gold theme :cool:
  • Back bumper insert = Pearl Black
  • Bullets = Gold
  • Front/Back Diamond & "Clio" on boot= Gold
  • Front Diamond Background = Black
  • Spacers for the rear wheels
  • Colour code the front bumper inserts or 182/172 Front w/ meggy splitter
  • Colour code door handles
  • Gold calipers and Black rear drums
  • Remove green stickers
  • Straighten exhaust and get a surround
  • Good clean

about 90% what my plans are ;) haha but cant seem to find an exhaust surround big enough... already got handles, just need fitting, green will all be going in one go, and a clean is on the cards next week, and a proper detailing after winter once everything has been painted and fitted ;)

Spend the money on cleaning it - it'll look miles better than gash coloured bumper strips etc.

will be cleaning it alot once I have sorted stuff in january :)

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
This was a 'shop I did on my last clio, smoothed ph3 bumper

williamswheels.jpg

Might give you an idea :)

See I think that looks good!, god damn it! Lol, would you mind doing a shop of mine knuckles? I also need to pm you at some point (so f*cking absent minded at times -.- ... But I shall pm you when I get hold of a computer sunday lol!)

See I think that looks good!, god damn it! Lol, would you mind doing a shop of mine knuckles? I also need to pm you at some point (so f*cking absent minded at times -.- ... But I shall pm you when I get hold of a computer sunday lol!)

TT QS
That and the blue one look good cos they could even be passed off as it being oem. Forget the other shops. Either of them are the ones IMO. You're a lot more daring than me spinksy lol

Wow! You are good MWright!! Thanks for the time taken on the edits mate :) very much appreciated!!! And alex it isn't bravery :) the people working jobs in the force and such services helping people are brave... I'm just different and have tastes that are strange to most people when it comes to modding ;)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Its cool scott, and I have no preference over ph2 or ph3 tbqh the only difference as I can tell is the lower grille between the 2 bumpers

and fog light area is raised out on the ph3. mk2 has them alsomost resesed ( sp )

scott, shut it, i shall have a ph3 bumper again, when i turn the dci into a track car next year

Ph3 is the best, engine is better too.

All of those shops bar Pauls look toss. I hate number plates that are in the wrong place.

fairplay bit angry at the number plates moving? lol

Ph3s look so much better.

meh, but may as well go with ph3, sure it would be same price and does what I want it to (gets rid of the god awful inserts)

and fog light area is raised out on the ph3. mk2 has them alsomost resesed ( sp )

scott, shut it, i shall have a ph3 bumper again, when i turn the dci into a track car next year

true, but I can see where people are coming from, it will look more suited to the smoothing by the looks of it :)

Thats my plan for next year, get rid of the inserts, and sport style side skirts

same, before CSS :) got a project thread up?

Keep the wee vent though! I think you could ruin it if you smoothed it over! Good plans though!

I will lol, seems to alter the front entirely once the rest is smoothed (think its because it looks too smooth without it, but you don't really pay much attention to the vent while the inserts are there...) lol

and thanks!

Sorted some 8mm spacers for the rear wheels oiff a member on here (should be getting them shortly after the 3rd) :) the rest of the larger updates will be coming later on in january ;)

Would do... They are coming with the spacers ;) just need to source some 10-15mm spacers for the front and invest in a tonne of primers, paint and lacquer ;) (mainly pearl black, a little bit of gold) :D

2mm won't be a massive difference tbh... And iv got between 8-10mm max before my wheel is flush with the arch at the rear anyway, so hoping 8mm will sit it close enough to the arch that stretch won't look daft...15mm would have the lip of the wheel sticking out from the arch

2mm won't be a massive difference tbh... And iv got between 8-10mm max before my wheel is flush with the arch at the rear anyway, so hoping 8mm will sit it close enough to the arch that stretch won't look daft...15mm would have the lip of the wheel sticking out from the arch

2mm wouldn't make a massive difference no, but a difference none the less ;) hurry and get it sorted anyway, I need to see what 8mm looks like as I want to space my rears! :p

Not sure if your wheels will be the same offset etc to compare tbh ... But you should be able to see a difference on mine :) 8mm is pretty perfect by my measurements tbh mate, should sit the lip of the wheel flush with the body, (only problem is I won't be able to lower it any further once it is flush :( ) but should have a better stance ;)

Forgot about offsets and s**t :/ tbh, I just want to borrow some spacers off of somebody for 10 minutes and try them on the rear and take for a spin round the block (so make sure it don't rub anywhere) and then buy my own... Just don't know anybody local I can do that with :/ the height for my car is near on perfect now front and rear (rear sits slightly higher but I like that look) - its practical, very low, and still drives fine with a car full. To me, that's perfect :)
Just need the rears spaced a bit more, although it doesn't massively bother me tbh lol. Probably something il actually never end up doing at this rate

Clio 172
Long read, interesting changes to the car, funny arguments and comments. Just a point if you don't take the bonnet bra off on a regular basis it will mark your bonnet where it sits especially when water gets under it.

If you were to travel down to me with the tools I wouldn't mind you borrowing the spacers mate :) (maybe at a meet or something...) And I do take it off at least once a week mate when I clean the car (regular clean not detail) and I will be wrapping the bonnet at some point so won't matter too much :)

Bit of a long way to travel unfortunately :( only way would be if there was a meet mid way, as you said. And yes to the wrapped bonnet ;) I'm assuming carbon? I know a guy who's done that on a silver clio and it looks good ;)

Yeah carbon, and will be doing the roof and spoiler at same as they could do with being wrapped ;) won't be massively noticeable on my black clio but should be an improvement and look okay :)