ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

Now I know 2 guys ;) when you getting this cup spoiler put onto your car? Desperately want to see it on there as I had the exact same idea of wrapping one and putting on mine!

Noo I don't have my bonnet wrapped, I thought you was talking about your own car lol :p

And not sure if you've seen my other post but I tried fitting it the other night and the connector on the wire is too bulky and won't fit underneath.

Gonna have a mess around with it when the rain stops. Propa annoying how its all finished and just sat in my bedroom :(

Noo I don't have my bonnet wrapped, I thought you was talking about your own car lol :p

And not sure if you've seen my other post but I tried fitting it the other night and the connector on the wire is too bulky and won't fit underneath.

Gonna have a mess around with it when the rain stops. Propa annoying how its all finished and just sat in my bedroom :(

I was :) and then when you did that ' ;) ' I remembered you had some carbon wrap too :p and gutted, is it not just a straight fit then? Thought it would've been. I want to do more to my car but I've ran out of ideas :S also may be selling it in about 10 months time D:

I was :) and then when you did that ' ;) ' I remembered you had some carbon wrap too :p and gutted, is it not just a straight fit then? Thought it would've been. I want to do more to my car but I've ran out of ideas :S also may be selling it in about 10 months time D:

Yeah it's just cheaper than getting stuff sprayed lol. Apparently it is a straight fit so I must've been doing it wrong, guess there's a certain way of trapping the wires underneath.

I'm not sure what to do after the spoiler either. How come you might be selling yours?

Yeah it's just cheaper than getting stuff sprayed lol. Apparently it is a straight fit so I must've been doing it wrong, guess there's a certain way of trapping the wires underneath.

I'm not sure what to do after the spoiler either. How come you might be selling yours?

Just because my insurance has dropped loads and il probably be upgrading cars when it comes to renewing it. I may keep the clio for another year as I do love the car and it gets so much attention and compliments.... But there's a good chance it'll be going :eek: il see anyway

TT QS
Mines never being sold. Save for a TT 225 when I'm done with mine. Probably put a sport engine in it by then. I'd never get what I've spent on it and I love it so its going no where lol

Itty-bitty update lol

Got some silvervisions in the back ;) (ordering some for the front)

Rolling my arches flat at the rear this morning so I can keep my rear spacers on...

Got stud conversion, nuts and 10mm spacers arriving monday (hopefully) and will be fitting those monday and finalising the static stance ;)

Then next month I will be splurging on a lot of paint and maybe a bit of wrap (thinking matte black instead of CF) :)

Then the final bit will be the month after that (circa april) when I get a ph3 smoothed bumper :D (unless I can pick one up sooner cheap)

Will upload proper pics this week once fitted :)

TT QS
Defo go matte black over cf. can't wait to see your stud conversion as I'm gonna do it when I've sorted my f1s out. I'm thinking the black nuts on blue wheels. Ill wait to see the pictures of your polarised ones mind.... Excited now lol

Defo go matte black over cf. can't wait to see your stud conversion as I'm gonna do it when I've sorted my f1s out. I'm thinking the black nuts on blue wheels. Ill wait to see the pictures of your polarised ones mind.... Excited now lol

I'll post pics as soon as its done mate :) had to remove the rear 8mm spacers as it was rubbing that bad the tyre was melting :( so gunna have to order some slightly shorter stud for the rear but I will add pics this week of them all fitted :)

I can't wait myself mate!!! And I'm feeling the matte black myself :)

TT QS
I'll post pics as soon as its done mate :) had to remove the rear 8mm spacers as it was rubbing that bad the tyre was melting :( so gunna have to order some slightly shorter stud for the rear but I will add pics this week of them all fitted :)

I can't wait myself mate!!! And I'm feeling the matte black myself :)

I have 5mm on the back but when I put my 15mm on it was hellaflush to say the least and the arch caught the alloy and took the paint off lol. They need rolling but I haven't got round to it. I need to pull my finger out and get the cheque book out to compete with you and Lauren lol

I have 5mm on the back but when I put my 15mm on it was hellaflush to say the least and the arch caught the alloy and took the paint off lol. They need rolling but I haven't got round to it. I need to pull my finger out and get the cheque book out to compete with you and Lauren lol

It has taken a few layers off the top of the sidewall lol, so had to take them off before it caught fire... :/ (mine are rolled already lol)

Gunna space the front and fit the studs monday hopefully, although now debating whether I will be able to fit the rear due to the studs being 8mm longer than standard... So will fit the front and order the standard length tomorrow morning and fit those tuesday/wednesday when they get here...

But I will have some 6mm spacers and 8mm spacers for sale now :/ (only the 8mm have extended bolts)

il just leave these pics here....

DSC_05631_zps633c5b5a.jpg

DSC_05571_zps780797da.jpg

DSC_05621_zpscb1e7c56.jpg

and my favourite pic:

DSC_05601_zps05ac558f.jpg

*yes I know its dark but it was dark when I started fitting them lol

Needs a cleeaaaan!

Loving the stud coversion + nuts!

Only thing that would put me off, is that they're easy to nick :/

Was the stud coversion hard to do? or they just twist in easy

you can get lockers but they wont be polarised iirc :/ and hopefully il be getting her cleaned tomorrow and getting some proper pics mate :)

depends what time i get out of my lab work

If it was me, I'd probably just have the one locker on each, and have the rest polarised, just to be safe :p All is takes is a wrench to undo them and then they have your wheels :/

If it was me, I'd probably just have the one locker on each, and have the rest polarised, just to be safe :p All is takes is a wrench to undo them and then they have your wheels :/

unless I am driving it mate it is always sat on my driveway which is overlooked by my bedroom window, im not too worried about it mate, what is insurance for if not to cover stuff getting stolen/broken? lol

and they would have to be carrying a jack (which is nearly impossible to fit under the sills.... you have to lift the car up by hand to get the jack under) and they would have to be carrying a 19mm socket with crack bar....

alot of effort that mate

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Guess you've not seen people take wheels.

I've seen them knock 4 wheels off a car in under a minute without a jack.
Few CCTV footages on Youtube.

unless I am driving it mate it is always sat on my driveway which is overlooked by my bedroom window, im not too worried about it mate, what is insurance for if not to cover stuff getting stolen/broken? lol

and they would have to be carrying a jack (which is nearly impossible to fit under the sills.... you have to lift the car up by hand to get the jack under) and they would have to be carrying a 19mm socket with crack bar....

alot of effort that mate

Sorry but you say "alot of effort" , to be quite honest if they know you have those bolts on the wheels and they want them wheels, they can always come back tomorrow with the correct tools for the job. Even sat on your driveway i wouldnt have them without the locking nut. Massive risk to run for a very minor detail!

Guess you've not seen people take wheels.

I've seen them knock 4 wheels off a car in under a minute without a jack.
Few CCTV footages on Youtube.

no :S you will make me paranoid tbh

Sorry but you say "alot of effort" , to be quite honest if they know you have those bolts on the wheels and they want them wheels, they can always come back tomorrow with the correct tools for the job. Even sat on your driveway i wouldnt have them without the locking nut. Massive risk to run for a very minor detail!

yeah but if someone wants something with locking wheel nuts on i am sure they can come back with a hammer and large socket the following day to force the locking wheel nut off anyway?

edit: just been looking, all 'neo chrome' or polarised nuts (even the locking nuts) could be had off with a hammer and larger socket

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Don't worry about it. Unless you live somewhere dodgy then it's not a concern. I don't actually know anyone that's ever had their wheels stolen, but then again I don't live in Baghdad.

It's your choice mate, just shouldn't make it easy for thieves

I'm trying not to mate, hopefully the fact it is impossible to jack it up on my driveway (because its on a slant)... And the fact you can't get a jack under the car without physically lifting the car yourself (takes 2 people) will slow them down at least :)

I'll get some proper pics later anyway once the car has been cleaned. I'm eager to show off my new silvervisions and the spacers aswell as the stud kit lol

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16

why didnt you get some tegiwa nuts that have locking nuts, you wouldnt even no which one is the locking nut lol

Never heard of them before your post mate... I will have a look into those though :)

Although if you don't know which is the locking nut how do you know to take that off with the little seperate socket you get with lockers etc?

Lol

edit: just checked them out and they don't do polarised/neo chrome, they also are more expensive than I had money for tbh

Last edited:
  TT QS
You could have cleaned it! They do look good and even after reading some of the cons I think a black set will be going on with my f1s :D

TT QS
i did say i would be getting her cleaned today and posting proper pics then :slap:

and imho the pros far outweigh any cons :cool:

*goes to get car washed and take pics*

I agree with you, they look proper good on yours.

Top lad! All the cleaning stuff is on a shelf above dads car so mine has to be dirty :(

Could you get some pictures in daylight of the nuts mate?

Quite fancy a set :)

sorry about the wait mate, but here you go :)

DSC_0586_zpsc3724493.jpg

DSC_0585_zps51762d8e.jpg

DSC_0566_zps25af77a0.jpg

DSC_0564_zps03077dfa.jpg

tried to get them from different angles and different lighting for you :)

now: other pics as promised

current stance (will be going lower once I get a flat driveway)

DSC_0568_zps5d7de8d1.jpg

DSC_0569_zps4348a3df.jpg

DSC_0571_zps8151546b.jpg

DSC_0572_zpsa36e9b7d.jpg

DSC_0575_zps766f9f13.jpg

DSC_0574_zpsa9e150e7.jpg

DSC_0581_zpsb9fb0b29.jpg

silver visions :D

DSC_0576_zpsc424fd0b.jpg

DSC_0578_zps52af5a11.jpg

against a non-sport 1.2 (near identical to how mine started)

DSC_0582_zps969744ae.jpg

and my favourite pic:

DSC_0586_zpsc3724493.jpg

as always comments welcome

Looking smart now mate :) wheels look good spaced out too!

cheers mate :) getting there, next job is spigot rings, tonnes of paint, (at the end of the month)

lower at the front, adjusters out of the rear (when I get a flat driveway ;) )

then some matte black wrap,

and finally the smoothed phase3 front bumper to finish it off perfectly :)

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
f**k ur sills lol I bent one of mine but I stopped doing after that.

You going the fix them??

f**k ur sills lol I bent one of mine but I stopped doing after that.

You going the fix them??

yeah they are f*cked lol, previous owner jacked it up anywhere but the jacking points (although the large crease on the drivers side is where i got stuck on a kurb lol).... and no would have to replace them, but when the time comes and the car is nearly finished I will be straightening them up best as possible and fitting sideskirts