ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
ah fairplay to you man (Y) i know the pain of doing bits at a time -.- itl be three years in august that iv had my clio and hoping to have it fully finished next month :/ it seems soo slow and its really annoying that its not done yet :L

It's 10 times worse when your car is in the same state as mine ATM. Expensively with the prospects

It's 10 times worse when your car is in the same state as mine ATM. Expensively with the prospects

i cant honestly say i feel that pain man because iv never had that much money lol but if i was to be honest i got the car for 1800, spent about 1000 on mods (around 1600 for completion next month), and seriously about 2 grand on repairs over the 3 years of owning it not counting the running costs :/

problem being i needed the car running at all times and as it was 200-300 at a time on repairs i didnt have the money to get a different car.. :( but now she is nearly done i couldnt live without the car :L

i just keep having wet dreams imagining mine finished soon :D

btw call me tom :) (full names thomas spinks - with a couple of middle names but...) :L

TT QS
lol no :L my wonderful gorgeous missus has my password :L

but while your reading this man read up a little :) i gots coilies, getting a fat meg splitter, damage is nearly repaired and car is gunna be done for CSS :D

fat meg splitter? the ones people have off here that look good or old school laguna one? lol dont go to big, fake lows aint cool bro

had to add this will be cool when its done i can see it

fat meg splitter? the ones people have off here that look good or old school laguna one? lol dont go to big, fake lows aint cool bro

had to add this will be cool when its done i can see it

thanks man :) i can not wait to have it finally finished next month :D and the one that people have on here :) and not fake lows mate ;) iv got coilies :D fitting them tomorrow so thought it would be time for a sneaky pic update ;)

update people :D

View attachment 79675View attachment 79674View attachment 79676

wont bore you with the process but before, during and after colour coding the side strips (also did the RS grille black but havent done the front plastics yet and am planning on changing the rear for a 172 bumper ;) )

now the biggest part of the update... the bit everyone following this has been waiting for :p the coilovers!!! haha i got hold of some GAZ coilovers second hand in need of some de-rusting, painting and freeing up as they had ceased... but what more can you ask for when trading 2 cans of monster for a set of GAz coilovers :p so firstly what they looked like when i got them, then during the re-furbishment earlier this week, and how they stand now waiting to go on the car tomorrow morning ;) i used paint that i had lying about but think they acually dont look too bad and will obviously match the car, and you will only catch glimpses of them anyway :)

View attachment 79677View attachment 79666View attachment 79670View attachment 79668View attachment 79669View attachment 79671View attachment 79667View attachment 79672View attachment 79673

can not wait until pay day now!! she is so close to completion :D il upload some sneaky pictures of how she stands once the coilovers have settled then i shall not upload any more until after CSS as i want to surprise everyone :D

jobs and parts left to get:

pressed metal plates,
fat meg splitter,
replace passenger door and front bumper (last of the repairs),
172 rear bumper,
carbon wrap parts,
bonnet bra,
valet and detail...

then the car is finally done! ;)

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Iv got a bonnet bra laying around £35 posted to ur door ;)

Cant see the pics on my phone :(

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Correct me if I'm wrong?

You where first going to get a full respray, then going to get a professional to fix the damaged panels but now have done a poor DIY job at colour coding? I'm confused.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

You where first going to get a full respray, then going to get a professional to fix the damaged panels but now have done a poor DIY job at colour coding? I'm confused.

i was looking at a respray but followed advice given and decided not to get a respray but instead replace the damaged panels, and its not a bad job of colour coding? :/

final sneaky pic update before CSS :Dthe coilovers are now fitted and the car is slammed :D here are a few pics to show ride height... (excuse the crap phone quality)

stuff ready before fitting

coilovers fitted

ride height

scrap that laptop is being a d*&k and wont recognise my phone :/

Last edited:
final sneaky pic update before CSS :Dthe coilovers are now fitted and the car is slammed :D here are a few pics to show ride height... (excuse the crap phone quality)

stuff ready before fitting
View attachment 79760
coilovers fitted
View attachment 79761
ride height
View attachment 79762 IMG00238-20120614-1755.jpgIMG00237-20120614-1649.jpgIMG00233-20120614-1639.jpg
IMG00229-20120614-1637.jpgIMG00230-20120614-1638.jpgIMG00232-20120614-1638.jpgIMG00236-20120614-1648.jpg
ignore that sorted it :D:D:D:D:D:D

TT QS
theyre 17s aint they? dont you get any rubbing? and for me you need to do something with the rear badge. either green or black. and nothing to do with liverpool but new plates. plain ones lol. then, youre laughing

theyre 17s aint they? dont you get any rubbing? and for me you need to do something with the rear badge. either green or black. and nothing to do with liverpool but new plates. plain ones lol. then, youre laughing

haha they are 17's, and as far as i can tell mate there doesnt seem to be too much rubbing... though tbf i couldnt tell you how low it is as im not sure lol

and im debating whether to do the rear badges black or green atm :/ think both would look nice :S

and you read my mind fella on the plates ;) im ordering some 'clean' pressend metal plates at the end of the month :D

bit more colour coding, and a 172 rear bumper and its nearly done lol, its gunna look immense at CSS :D:D you gunna be there Alex?

TT QS
haha they are 17's, and as far as i can tell mate there doesnt seem to be too much rubbing... though tbf i couldnt tell you how low it is as im not sure lol

and im debating whether to do the rear badges black or green atm :/ think both would look nice :S

and you read my mind fella on the plates ;) im ordering some 'clean' pressend metal plates at the end of the month :D

bit more colour coding, and a 172 rear bumper and its nearly done lol, its gunna look immense at CSS :D:D you gunna be there Alex?

your saying all the right things. could do a green and black like effect of some sort?
speak to your missus cos ive seen girls with like cracked painted nails (she will know and i am aware of how gay this sounds haha) but big different aint it
and yeah missing FCS but CSS ill be there and mine should be almost done depending on funds
so i will see you there :D

your saying all the right things. could do a green and black like effect of some sort? speak to your missus cos ive seen girls with like cracked painted nails (she will know and i am aware of how gay this sounds haha) but big different aint itand yeah missing FCS but CSS ill be there and mine should be almost done depending on fundsso i will see you there :D
Haha yeah man I can't miss the CSS debut for my car :D and I might go green lol I'm in the same boat as you mate

TT QS
Haha yeah man I can't miss the CSS debut for my car :D and I might go green lol I'm in the same boat as you mate

Pro be fair once my seats are in there isn't much left for me :( bits and pieces but looks I'll be happy. Looking foreword to CSS now

Pro be fair once my seats are in there isn't much left for me :( bits and pieces but looks I'll be happy. Looking foreword to CSS now

not as much worry then fella :) my seats were the first mod, but now left to do is...

pressed metal plates (getting ordered payday)
fat meg splitter (got one sorted for payday)
passengers side door (one sorted for payday)
carbon wrapping (just about sorted for payday)
172 rear bumper (not sorted yet)
front bumper (not sorted yet)
bonnet bra (not sorted yet)

depending on funds mate i may drop bonnet bra and 172 rear bumper from the list...

Congratulations mate, that RS Grille w/ the lowering looks so much better!

Maybe look at getting the centres(spokes) of them wheels done green/black with a polished lip and outer? Then use whatever colour that is for the front and rear badges?
Meggy splitter will look great :)

Subbed!

Congratulations mate, that RS Grille w/ the lowering looks so much better!

Maybe look at getting the centres(spokes) of them wheels done green/black with a polished lip and outer? Then use whatever colour that is for the front and rear badges?
Meggy splitter will look great :)

Subbed!

thanks for the sub man :) and can not wait to get this finished :D hoping i will have the funds at the end of the month for the wrapping and 172 rear bumper :) the other parts are a dead cert though :)

i like the wheels are they are mate :L and they had a polished lip when i first got them mate but had to remove the lip as it was ridiculously kerbed and couldnt find anywhere that replaced them :( so went black and green to match the car :) they should be fresh again ready for CSS as they have gained some stone chips and the odd kerb mark (f***in X5 drivers) but i think the outlandish green lips look really well with the car slammed :D

mini-update now left to do is...

pressed metal plates (Ordered)
bonnet bra (Ordered)
fat meg splitter (Ordered)
passengers side door (Need to collect and pay)

172 rear bumper (not sorted yet)
front bumper (not sorted yet)
carbon wrapping (delaying for a month)

So, is this not how I said it should be done right back at the start?

Looking great anyway, I really like the wheels, they make the car a bit different.

So, is this not how I said it should be done right back at the start?

Looking great anyway, I really like the wheels, they make the car a bit different.

ahaha just about :D :L flol

and thanks man :) need the arches rolling so it wont rub and i can drop it more :p and can not wait for these parts to get here now :)

actually gunna look amazing :D

*update* (i know i said i wouldn't but after some flaming i decided the car shouldnt get the hype i have been giving it... i apologise that i have overhyped it as it is my pride and joy)

but here goes...

plates, splitter and bonnet bra arrived and fitted! rear lights de-tinted (thanks to the missus)

rear shocks to be delivered and fitted, (better dampers so i can lower the rear further), door to be fitted, 172 rear bumper collected and is just needing to be painted and fitted :D even got the colour coded handles for the outside to be fitted (more pics when the parts are on in the next week or so) :D

cannot wait to get the 172 rear bumper on :D

piccies:

frontsquare.jpg

frontsquarelow.jpg

rearangle.jpg

rearsquarelow.jpg

frontlowview.jpg

frontlow.jpg

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Where Did you get your meggy splitter? Been trying for ages trying to get one but to no avail :(

Actually quite like that now. Fair play

thanks man :) still got plans as i said in the update lol and i wanna get the bonnet, roof and spoiler carbon wrapped :) but the rear bumper is priority atm, once iv fitted the remaining parts its just, the wrapping and a replacement front bumper (mines flaking and cracked) a set of 15'/16' wheels and done! :D

Where Did you get your meggy splitter? Been trying for ages trying to get one but to no avail :(

haha i got it off a member on here matey :D i love them :D post in the wanted section, is all i did...

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Already did that the other day and still no luck. Have to keep looking about for one.