ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

update time :D with CSS a success today i thought it would be best to use the photos from css of my car to show the changes...

main things are i now have a 172 rear bumper, the rear arches are rolled so sitting lower now, the door and wing i need to replace are a work in progress and i need to find a front bumper...

still on the list:

* carbon wrap bonnet, roof and spoiler

* non sport front bumper

* OZ superturismo's in black

* lower further once wheels are on

and thats her complete :D

pic whoring for those that missed CSS (seemed to have alot of people drawn to the car):

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0627.jpg

DSC_0628.jpg

DSC_0630.jpg

DSC_0611.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0552.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg

and highlight of the day aside from meeting everyone (especially dave dreads, knuckles and brian) was getting an awesome trophy for best non-sport clio 2012 :D soo chuffed! :D

as always comments people :)

Thanks guys :D got a better reception than I expected :3 and I think for a few people this car is a guilty pleasure :pReally chuffed on the best non-sport :D was well excited when I heard it :L and it will make sense next year for those confused :) think it was the improvements made and the individual bits that no-one had done before :3

TT QS
Congrats mate!

Love the splitter it's exactly what I want, but what one is it? My bad for not knowing lol

SQ5
Thanks guys :D got a better reception than I expected :3 and I think for a few people this car is a guilty pleasure :pReally chuffed on the best non-sport :D was well excited when I heard it :L and it will make sense next year for those confused :) think it was the improvements made and the individual bits that no-one had done before :3

Improvements nobody had done? Do enlighten us as i'm failing to see anything unique?

Well the insert on the bumper being green afaik, the green bit round my front badge, the wheels are a definite, so sure no-one had done these, and the car has had a fair few improvements from when I first joined in january...And it's a fat megane splitter alex :)

Listerine & Poledo
Well, congratulations fella.

Not sold on your splitter to be honest, or the nose bag for that matter... but then I'm not a judge

;)

Listerine & Poledo
I can only imagine your forum skill earned you extra points, how did that poem go in the end?

I can only imagine your forum skill earned you extra points, how did that poem go in the end?

haha i do have mad skillz at posting CS gold threads xD and she loved it despite it not being perfectly written but tbh they had spaced it wrong... reads better as:

Above the earth,
Beyond the sky.
The angels perch,
And wonder why.
Of all the greatest life forms,
Your beauty does not conform.
They grow jealous,
More so each and every night.
Of your good looks,
Which constantly shine so bright.
They sit and simmer,
While its dark outside.
Growing ever dimmer,
For you show no pride.
Even they know,
In their heavenly place.
My love will show,
When I see your face.
For it is folly,
To resist.
A beauty,
Such as this.
To resemble such art,
You must not see.
Is an honour in part,
But you are more to me.
You are my everything,
My one true love.
And the happiness you bring,
Is beyond and above.
God himself,
Could not get in the way.
Of the love I will feel,
Forever and always....

yes its a bit cheezy but forever and always is our little thing :3

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Personally think you need to tidy up the rear drums, front brakes and especially the rear bumper / passenger door before you go any further.
Put a bit of time and TLC & ££ into it, before you add more modifications.

Maybe then everyone will start admiring it.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't look as bad in real life as it does in pictures. Although your rear bumper and passenger door are a proper bodge, so much so I'm suprised it won best non-sport, although there weren't many non-sports there. Congrats anyway fella.

Personally think you need to tidy up the rear drums, front brakes and especially the rear bumper / passenger door before you go any further.
Put a bit of time and TLC & ££ into it, before you add more modifications.

Maybe then everyone will start admiring it.

this... the bumper needs a bit more time with the buffer and farecla or time in for a respray but lack of money mean that will wait... the door however i had sourced... dropped it and folded the corner :/ so in the process of painting that corner after bending it straight and filling it :/ the wing i have but that needs finishing and the front bumper i am trying to source atm so its purely finding more time for these atm... but should have it done over whats left of the summer :) drums and calipers i will sort when i get a day to spend on the car

Didn't look as bad in real life as it does in pictures. Although your rear bumper and passenger door are a proper bodge, so much so I'm suprised it won best non-sport, although there weren't many non-sports there. Congrats anyway fella.

thanks man and i am trying to get it sorted as fast as posible tbh mate :)

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Managed to have a look at yours when yesterday, doesn't look half as bad as I thought but as mentioned, slow down and take your time, why the rush?? Save some money up and get SprayShack to spray it up nice and properly for you. Well worth the money! On my previous Clio, same as your's 1.2 16v I sources a 172 rear bumper, wanted it done on the cheap and it turned out awful, turned to Sprayshack like I should of in the first place and they did an amazing job! Here's a few pics. Really worth saving for tbh mate and It will look so much better than a rattle can jobby.

Before:
IMG_0001.jpg

SprayShacked:
IMG_0393.jpg

390124_10150471307040992_526050991_10341938_941584573_n.jpg

Fitted:
390402_10150477895035992_979998034_n.jpg

IMG_0089copy.jpg

Managed to have a look at yours when yesterday, doesn't look half as bad as I thought but as mentioned, slow down and take your time, why the rush?? Save some money up and get SprayShack to spray it up nice and properly for you. Well worth the money! On my previous Clio, same as your's 1.2 16v I sources a 172 rear bumper, wanted it done on the cheap and it turned out awful, turned to Sprayshack like I should of in the first place and they did an amazing job! Here's a few pics. Really worth saving for tbh mate and It will look so much better than a rattle can jobby.

i know mate :) im really impatient and tbf i dont think i did bad for a rattle can job :L it was perfect until the lacquer got applied by my dad :/ it orange peeled like mad :/ im saving atm for some bullets from spray shack :) (if i had more money and the car was worth more than a grand i would go for a full spray job tbh - excluding roof, spoiler and bonnet as they are getting wrapped...)

You just need to wet sand it tbh. It'll probably come out fine after some 1000, 2000 & 3000 grit and a good polish.

you reckon? :) il give it a go with some 3000 wet and dry first as i dont want to be too rough :L

Yeah, it'll sort it right out. Make sure you soak the wet and dry paper in car shampoo &water before sanding, and keep rinsing it - just be careful not to rip the paper.

Just have a look at a few wet sanding videos on YouTube first. Boring, but you'll be less likely to make a mess of it!

Yeah, it'll sort it right out. Make sure you soak the wet and dry paper in car shampoo &water before sanding, and keep rinsing it - just be careful not to rip the paper.

Just have a look at a few wet sanding videos on YouTube first. Boring, but you'll be less likely to make a mess of it!

awesome :D i wet sanded alot during the prep but the same happened with my wing when my dad lacquered that... (he really needs to stop interfereing xD)

i shall do this monday :) il correct my passengers headlight and paint the drums at the same time if i have chance :D

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Yes in black :L I had painted them black before but when I took my rear wheels off it pulled a large chunk of the paint off so I'm just re-blacking them lol.
Was going to say, your drums were half black half green at the show lol

Mini update!Finally corrected my passengers side head light! Repainted my drums black again!Also sanded and buffed the rear bumper and it has improved the finish massively! passengers door and drivers wing are halfway through the painting process so hoping to finish and fit those with the colour coded handles before the end of the month...Need to find a cheap front bumper as I'm going to smooth the inserts out and paint it :) then next is carbon wrapping and a new set of wheels :DAs always lemme know what you think!

Ideally I want to keep these as a winter set but in all matte black as the paint is in a dire state in places so needs sorting but the problem comes from having to mask and do the 2 colour separately :/ I'm hoping for either a set of OZ superturismo's or ROTA grid (deep dish) though I would love to find a nice set of split rims I could get powder coated black with a green lip ;) something like BBS or similar as long as they split and are a nice style

TT QS
Been done
over done
and over done.

Fid something original ;) I have an idea for you actually...

Im with theduck on this one. They all look good and I'd love some rotas but all been done.

Borbet A's could be cool (I'm aware they have been done also lol)

Im with theduck on this one. They all look good and I'd love some rotas but all been done.

Borbet A's could be cool (I'm aware they have been done also lol)

tbh, if they exist, then they have been done.

being "original" is almost impossible. everything is mass manufactured at the end of the day...

the only way to be "original" is to get one of a kind stuff... you know how expensive thats gonna be?!

TT QS
tbh, if they exist, then they have been done.

being "original" is almost impossible. everything is mass manufactured at the end of the day...

the only way to be "original" is to get one of a kind stuff... you know how expensive thats gonna be?!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?um=1...0...1ac.iinaPyXaX-Q#biv=i|1;d|tkki0uC0RAMxLM:

Not a clio but that's them. And you're right to be fair. Maybe not original. But different. That's why I like the wheels that are on it at the mo

I've made a suggestion via pm which I'm pretty confident haven't been on a clio before

Borbet a have been done on Clios loads to