ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Cant wait to see this at Angelsey

ph1 172
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

A great read there James:)

Love the newly sprayed parts and very much looking forward to seeing you again at Brands

Cant wait to see this at Angelsey
Thanks mate :) It will be a good day!
A great read there James:)

Love the newly sprayed parts and very much looking forward to seeing you again at Brands
Thanks Rhys, Yeah I'm really happy with them and think it should look good with all it's stickers on, We are in the side paddock near scruitenering and I'll be there from first thing so look forward to seeing you on the day :)

ph1 172

It will look very smart indeed. I love the orange wheels against the grey, my cuppa tea that:)

I will come down fairly early I would think to avoid bank holiday traffic (or do my best to) so shall see you there

Thanks mate glad to hear people like it apart from me :)

Sounds like a good plan mate :) See you then and thanks for coming!

ph1 172

Thanks mate glad to hear people like it apart from me :)

Sounds like a good plan mate :) See you then and thanks for coming!

Love it, and your more than welcome. If I can lend a hand, I will:)

Thanks mate, I'll hold you to that :rasp: As i've said before anything I can do to help with your beast then just let me know :)

ph1 172

Thanks James. I appreciate it, I'm sure somewhere along the line I will need it :eek:

Started catching up on this and as soon as I read about the sump I face-palmed
You really don't have much luck with it do you!?

Gutted for you - but hopefully it'll all be sorted soon. Still can't wait to see this at Anglesey - I'm praying you don't have any issues on the day so we can have a play :D
Mines in for mapping tomorrow and excitingly I've also managed to get it booked into the bodyshop to get the interior painted - get it back 22nd may - so will be a bit of a rush to put the cage and everything back in for Anglesey - but I'm really excited about it :D

Started catching up on this and as soon as I read about the sump I face-palmed
You really don't have much luck with it do you!?

Gutted for you - but hopefully it'll all be sorted soon. Still can't wait to see this at Anglesey - I'm praying you don't have any issues on the day so we can have a play :D
Mines in for mapping tomorrow and excitingly I've also managed to get it booked into the bodyshop to get the interior painted - get it back 22nd may - so will be a bit of a rush to put the cage and everything back in for Anglesey - but I'm really excited about it :D
Haha no I don't mate :(

Yes I think it will, Thanks to Matt's words of wisdom I'm staying strong and not letting it get me down :) Thanks I'm really looking forward to it too especially because last time I went I had such a disastrous day. Good luck with it pal and I will look forward to seeing it at Anglesey painted!

My phone reminder went off for the photo's for you when I was under the car looking at the sump lol! I have taken them and I will send them over to you tomorrow if that is okay :) I didn't forget though which surprised me lol!

182cup & 172 racecar

What.

You think you are going to get some sleep next weekend?

I doubt it. ;)

Haha no I don't mate :(

Yes I think it will, Thanks to Matt's words of wisdom I'm staying strong and not letting it get me down :) Thanks I'm really looking forward to it too especially because last time I went I had such a disastrous day. Good luck with it pal and I will look forward to seeing it at Anglesey painted!

My phone reminder went off for the photo's for you when I was under the car looking at the sump lol! I have taken them and I will send them over to you tomorrow if that is okay :) I didn't forget though which surprised me lol!

Hahah no rush at all mate - I need to get it painted first. Making the floor raiser is on my list of "things I need to do 48hrs before anglesey" including fitting the interior loom, dash, seats, cage hahaha

What.

You think you are going to get some sleep next weekend?

I doubt it. ;)
Haha yes me too :)

What are your plans for Sunday Tony? Do they enforce the 7.30 entry to Paddock?
Hahah no rush at all mate - I need to get it painted first. Making the floor raiser is on my list of "things I need to do 48hrs before anglesey" including fitting the interior loom, dash, seats, cage hahaha
Well I will get them over to you tonight when I get back in :) Haha if it's anything my lists you'll still be doing it the following month ;)

182cup & 172 racecar

Should be able to get in sooner than that, sweet talk the gate man.

Haha lol! They deserve a few beers at the very least :) Hope your well Stu!

lol, i`m good thanks fella.. i was looking round your again saturday, the orange touches really do set it off well.. with a bit more going on with the livery it`ll look the part!!

Thanks mate, yeah I'm really happy with them :) quite a few stickers to go on and my vinyl guy is going to play around with it over summer so should look good when complete :)

Clio 172 Cup

Sorry if i have missed this earlier but what gear stick are you using?

Amazing car and build thread by the way!

We are now running a stock setup just with a metal knob and Yanoo stiff shift. We did for a time run a short shift but it was rushing the gearbox and crunched too many times for my liking, each time it happened I could feel £500 dropping out of my pocket for a rebuild and fit lol!

Thank you very much :)

Clio 172

Looking good and I hope to make Brands Hatch.

Perfect Andrew :) there is no rush to get down as everything is a bit later in the day! Hope to see you there :)

UPDATE:

Just heard from Matt, Car all sorted sump changed and all is good which is a relief :) Car is pretty much ready to go just a few little jobs but all the big stuff is sorted. We have got a spare steering rack on route (Thanks Lewis) and we are going to weld up the old sump as a spare (I'm guessing thanks Stu ;)) in case I go cracking the new sump on circuit!

I am getting deliveries of the last finishing touches for the race such as roll cage padding etc so I think we are all sorted! Can't wait for Monday and luckily still not feeling the nerves but think they will arrive soon lol!

Thanks
James

PH1 172 (Track Car)

Any idea on how you actually cracked your sump James?

Ben

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti

Epic Read! Looking forward to see this on Monday. I am heading down with TGM motort sport to help them out with their DC 5's but will also be out and about taking pictures :)

182cup & 172 racecar

Good crowd of CS er's down on Monday then.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti

Seems that way, I just hope the weather holds out.. Other wise I shall just sit and drink tea all day! Not to mention last time one of the Tegs was last at Brands in the wet, it ended up in the wall! So I know they are praying for good weather.

Any idea on how you actually cracked your sump James?

Ben
Hi Ben, Not too sure really Matt confirmed no real sign of a hit but there is another fracture crack that isn't leaking yet so i'm guessing at a dodgy casting :( we will get them all welded up though and at least we then have a spare!
Epic Read! Looking forward to see this on Monday. I am heading down with TGM motort sport to help them out with their DC 5's but will also be out and about taking pictures :)
Thanks mate :) Perfect well I will look forward to meeting you then! Good luck with the DC5's mate
Yes there certainly are Tony, Will be good to see everyone there :)
Yup, i'll be there cheering you on. If people bribe me with Haribo i might cheer for them as well ;)
Note to self.... go to costco and buy bucket of haribo :p
Seems that way, I just hope the weather holds out.. Other wise I shall just sit and drink tea all day! Not to mention last time one of the Tegs was last at Brands in the wet, it ended up in the wall! So I know they are praying for good weather.
I was wanting it to rain as we have got a nice wet setup but have changed my mind and just want it to be simple with no complications for the first race :) Damp wouldn't be the end of the world just not much spray :)

we are going to weld up the old sump as a spare (I'm guessing thanks Stu ;)) in case I go cracking the new sump on circuit!

hmmmmm i am yet to be informed of this.... i`m guessing it`ll be a suprise when i pick my discs up this week/weekend lol

172 Race Car

This might help ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti

And thats why its called the Carnage cup! Tintops are a little bit more reserved than the cliocup lol!

Are these your race tactics Jay, scare off the competiton? Clearly worried :rasp:

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio

Some excellent scare-mongering tecniques there! I chuckled watching that