ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Easiest way for future reference mate is just wire an in input to the datalogger to a switch on the dash that is in view of the video camera and then when you see yourself push the button on the video it will be the sync point :)

Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Haha I hadn't thought of anything so simple lol! I had been trying to sync it an hour or so ago and then realised I was using the run's from quail with the race vid... no wonder it was saying I was doing 45 through paddock lol! I'm going to relocate the video anyway so I can see my inputs and then I will be able to see when I switch the logger on/off :) Don't suppose you know Chip how simple it is to wire up the brake light signal as an input just so that I know when I'm on/off the brakes? :) Thanks again mate!

182cup & 172 racecar

It's the pedal in the middle ;)

don't you just use the rpm and speed curves...? Steep rise full throttle, steep downwards hard on the brakes...etc the more shallow the rise fall means less throttle\brakes applied

Yes it does but it's not always as clear as that unfortunately Pete :( It's not by any means necessary but if it's just the sake of me plugging a wire into the back of the DL then simples and free :)

we have put it on the to-do list as we also need it for launch control and the pit lane speed limiter :)

now whoa whoa whoa you up.... i want mine done at some point soon!! hahahaha

ph1 172

James,
Was great to see you again on Monday and your team. Sorry we couldn't stay for the rest of the day but great to hear the impressive results, well done:)

Will see you next month in Wales

Rhys

Hi mate, Thanks again for coming all the way down :) Really appreciate the support and was good to have a chat about your new project! Yes I was very happy with the final position and we have come away with so much information and areas for me to work on which is the whole idea behind this year!

Yes I will look forward to seeing you then, will be a great day :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

James, ive not personally done that so check with race technology before you go applying a voltage to the back of your logger on my say so, but I would imagine that given you have a +12V to the bulb when the brake is applied that you could just put that into one of the analogs and it will just appear as 0% when you are off the brake and 100% when you are on the brake.

Thanks Chip, Yeah I will go along to my local hillclimb and ask as it's a few of those guy's who originally told me to do it :) That makes sense though!

Haha yes I already have the auto sync fitted but it doesn't work unfortunately :( I bought it after the unit and they apparently need to activate the drivers in the DL!

I spent 2 hours last night again trying to get it to sync and i just can't :( I hope once the auto sync is working then its more simple!

Thanks Pete, Yeah I tried it after my trackday at Brands and it made the video full of lines and didn't like the data haha! I'm giving up for now and will just put the video up on its own :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Thanks Chip, Yeah I will go along to my local hillclimb and ask as it's a few of those guy's who originally told me to do it :) That makes sense though!

Haha yes I already have the auto sync fitted but it doesn't work unfortunately :( I bought it after the unit and they apparently need to activate the drivers in the DL!

I spent 2 hours last night again trying to get it to sync and i just can't :( I hope once the auto sync is working then its more simple!

Ah I will need to remember that if I go for the autosync then as mine's a couple of years old DL1 and Dash2 now, so would need sending back to activate drivers as well then by the sounds of it.

Am actually quite tempted by a 2 camera RL setup TBH, but its kind of hard to justify the cost just to make a few trackday movies as its not like im racing and going to be doing analsyis from the videos or anything.

I think its just for the DL1 mk3 actually because all the guides on the website say you can do it yourself so probably something new they have introduced :(

Yeah they are not cheap :(! Wish I'd known you were looking for the type of system as I was offered a 2 camera video 4 system with all the gubbins for £450 but turned it down because I had better things to spend the money on but it was a bargain! It was only a year old aswell so was the current version.

If I see anything else about I'll drop you a link :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Yeah I would have snapped that up! Never mind, I'm sure another will come up at some point.

Clio 172

A few pictures from Brands. I took nearly 1200 all day so I have alot more but not really had time to edit them.

ARW_0510.jpg

ARW_0513.jpg

ARW_0629.jpg

ARW_0630.jpg

ARW_0671.jpg

ARW_0699.jpg

ARW_0713.jpg

ARW_0762.jpg

ARW_0820.jpg

Best shot of James
ARW_0869.jpg

Nice pictures the last one is great, like the look of that #5 focus too.

Wow great photo's Andy, I love them all :)! Thank you so much for taking them all and putting them up, lol at the last photo :) Can't work out how you got that photo without me seeing you take it haha :p Do you mind if I use them on FB please?

We need to sort out a day at Donington in the near future, Might do an evening in July if you fancy it as I have got some credit with Bookatrack that I need to use up :) If you don't want to do it you can always come along as a passenger!

Clio 172

James if I can get my DVDR to work I'll burn you a disc of all the pictures but for not its not playing ball. By all means use them on FB the pic of you was taken just before you went off to the pits for the race. As for an evening in July at Donington it sounds good to me.

Very kind mate, no worries if it doesn't work though :) Thanks I will add them to the album later! Ahh I see, I must of been concentrating as every other camera that pointed at me I was waving at lol!

Perfect well I will let you know when I get sorted! Should be a good laugh :)

Clio 172

Wales first, then Donny. Would be my fourth trip to Donington this year....I shall master the Craner Curves flat out.

Yes can't wait for wales! Haha I will make sure I'm nowhere nearby when you try that mate :rasp:

Clio 172

I've hit a tonne down there (according to a passenger) but I wasn't fully committed lol. Its certainly not for the faint of heart.

Haha I didn't have the data logger there so can't compare but I will have a look next time! Last time I was there I was very tentative around it compared to how I used to be with my old clio!

I know sorry :( I am just moving houses so that's taken a lot longer than I expected and now got problems with that lol!

I can't seem to now open the video in the editor so I have uploaded it in full onto youtube last night and left it going as it wanted 740 mins :eek: I will get it all up as soon as I get chance :)

Evo 5 RS

Looks like you're looking at yourself in the wing mirror in that last one lol.

Heyyyy:cool:

BMW Z4

Not bad looking Ash, not quite as good looking as me but then not many are I guess LOL :)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

You need to start going to bed early now your a racing driver :p