ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

This might help ;)
Haha I knew as soon as I saw the youtube link on my phone that this would be the video :p I remember watching it live and it looked worse from the outside lol! There were a hell of a lot of crashes that weekend!
And thats why its called the Carnage cup! Tintops are a little bit more reserved than the cliocup lol!
You've not seen me in it yet :headno: lol

BMW Z4
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

You guys are just too mean witht hat video LOL. Looking forward to seeing your quali time Ash 57.407 to beat buddy :)

Haha aren't they just Mark :( lol!

Haha we'll see mate :) I can assure you that won't get beaten though, I'm guessing half a second either side of 59 but I'm just looking forward to get out there and gain some experience as it's all new to me! :) I think I might be seeing you at Brands on the 10th November if you are racing as I am going to give one of the TDT races a go after our season finishes!

182cup & 172 racecar

You guys are just too mean witht hat video LOL. Looking forward to seeing your quali time Ash 57.407 to beat buddy :)

I haven't forgotten next Friday

57eh, we were just trying the car out and did that, so thats good then. :)

Last edited:

Just got everything ready and about to set off to collect the car from TDF :) I'm still really excited lol!

That's me signing out now probably until Monday but we will be updating Twitter and Facebook over the weekend so if anyone wants to have a look at how it's going then head on over :)

http://www.facebook.com/FFRacing2012

https://twitter.com/#!/FFRacing2012

Live Timing and results are available tomorrow at

http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=club&season=2012&series=CSCC&event=club&source=ed_CSCC&eventid=121964

Thanks as always and look forward to seeing some of you tomorrow :D

172 Race Car

;)

red-traffic-light.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Just been looking through the timing solutions data.

Looks like a successful first day out mate.

The burpspeed car was fecking epic though, going to be a long time before you are challenging guys, but that was always going to be the case.

A mid field finish and a sub 1 minute best lap must be everything you were hoping for realistically on a first outing?

Really chuffed for you mate :) Gutted I couldnt be there to watch.

Flol at jay!

Nice end result! Made the best of a bad situation, car looked brilliant as ever!

Jump start?

No idea where you finished but sounds like you did well congratulations.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup

Think it refers to an incident in qualifying? Noticed that you started at the back of the grid and car 12(James) had a footnote regarding MSA on the timings sheet. Great first race result overall though. Nice one!

Clio 172

Did well for his first outing, there were alot of new drivers in the field and some clearly very seasoned pro's. Was great spectating.

Nice to meet you today James, and congrats on where you finished in the race! Here's a couple of pictures my brother took today through qualifying and the race...

IMG_6010.jpg

IMG_6050.jpg

IMG_6015.jpg

IMG_6001.jpg

IMG_5978.jpg

Pictures of you and Toastfrenzy team...

IMG_6132.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

Favourite pic of the day...

IMG_6085.jpg

Good luck for the next race.

Cheers
Nick

182cup & 172 racecar

Well done James, in the end it all worked out for you, and was probably for the best, it gave you chance to enjoy yourself.

Again, well done mate, sorry if we kept you up too late after dinner.

172 Race Car

Yes well done mate. I was watching from the back of the garages after my stint and you were not lacking confidance. Loads more pace to come from you

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti

Well done for today! Car looked awesome. Here are a few of my shots from the day, I am still sorting through them. I will post up a thread with any others.

7154544606_3741fd09bd_z.jpg

7154545612_4859965924_z.jpg

7154545844_37dc8c6302_z.jpg

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

Car looks very good :cool:

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Must say congrats on your first race! (and your first points) he he

BMW Z4

16th and starting from the back, well done mate. Hope you enjoyed it.

182cup & 172 racecar

Points mean prizes, we all know that.

Car looked stunning, nice to see 3 different Clios out there...

IMG8910a-L.jpg

IMG9069a-L.jpg

IMG8460a-L.jpg

Sorry for the exceptionally long multi quote lol!

Best of luck mate. I won't be able to make it tomorrow but hope it all goes smoothly
Thanks mate :) Went a lot more smoothly than the last few times out!
^^^^ what he said,
have a great one chap,
Hope my text didn't wake you up mate, Thought it was better at that time than 1 or 2 in the morning though :) Thanks again!
Cheeky bugger :rasp:
Just been looking through the timing solutions data.

Looks like a successful first day out mate.

The burpspeed car was fecking epic though, going to be a long time before you are challenging guys, but that was always going to be the case.

A mid field finish and a sub 1 minute best lap must be everything you were hoping for realistically on a first outing?

Really chuffed for you mate :) Gutted I couldnt be there to watch.
Yes mate thank you I was over the moon! My honest aim was just to finish but I still wanted to get stuck in and get learning :)

Yes it's an awesome car they have, I always knew it would be and everything so far has exceeded my expectations so I'm happy with my progress :)

I nearly binned it coming into the last corner on the last lap lol! But when I came over the finish line I was ecstatic, I didn't have a clue where I had come although knew I had lost a load of time through the pitstop but I was just so happy to finish! Can't describe the feeling :)

Thanks again Chip and hopefully you will be able to come along to one of them over the course of the year!
Flol at jay!

Nice end result! Made the best of a bad situation, car looked brilliant as ever!
Haha I know whats he like lol :) Yes really happy, Thanks again for you guys coming and really sorry I didn't get longer to speak to you all, was all a bit hectic!
Jump start?

No idea where you finished but sounds like you did well congratulations.
Followed a few guys through the red/blue light at the end of the pit lane in the safety car period and got my times disallowed and got 4 points on my licence! Thank you very much :)
Think it refers to an incident in qualifying? Noticed that you started at the back of the grid and car 12(James) had a footnote regarding MSA on the timings sheet. Great first race result overall though. Nice one!
Thank you very much :)!
lol

Nice to meet you today James. Good effort for your first race, especially from the starting position ;)
Great to meet you too Mark, Thanks yes it was a great hoot starting from there and then having to do it all again after the pitstop! Will be great to have you on the grid too! Where is your first race? Sorry I didn't get longer to chat :( I don't know where all the time went!
Did well for his first outing, there were alot of new drivers in the field and some clearly very seasoned pro's. Was great spectating.
Thanks Andy was great to finally meet you and thanks for coming all the way down to support, I really appreciate it! I hope you had a better journey back up north as we got pounded by awful weather most of the way back! I feel bad you came all that way and I hardly got a chance to speak with you :( I look forward to having a proper chat at Llandow!
Nice to meet you today James, and congrats on where you finished in the race! Here's a couple of pictures my brother took today through qualifying and the race...
Good luck for the next race.

Cheers
Nick
Thanks again for the photo's Nick, Was great to meet you and look forward to seeing you at Anglesey if you are coming!
Well done James, in the end it all worked out for you, and was probably for the best, it gave you chance to enjoy yourself.

Again, well done mate, sorry if we kept you up too late after dinner.
Thanks again Tony, Yes it really did and what with getting stuck in the pit lane at the safety car and having to do all the overtaking again it gave me lot's of practice! The video is hilarious to be fair! Although the video of when you went past that red car with dodgy wheel made for scary viewing! It was so close you when he lost it!

Really appreciate everything you have done for me over the last few months mate! Dinner was awesome and was so nice just to spend the evening and chill out :)
Yes well done mate. I was watching from the back of the garages after my stint and you were not lacking confidance. Loads more pace to come from you
Thanks yeah I was trying my best and getting a bit carried away in places and not sticking to what Howard had taught me :( But still had a great time and learnt so much to take forwards! Need to do the setup work and then should have a great year of building experience! As with Tony thanks for all your help over the last few months with bbm's and all the advice you've given me :) Without you guys I would of been nervous for it all but from everything you had told me it all went smoothly!
Well done for today! Car looked awesome. Here are a few of my shots from the day, I am still sorting through them. I will post up a thread with any others.
Thanks again Matt and sorry I don't think I spoke with you yesterday :( It wasn't on purpose just so many new faces it was hard to keep track of everything going on! Hopefully meet you at another race :)
Car looks very good :cool:
Thanks Colin :) Would be good to see you at Anglesey if you can make it!
Must say congrats on your first race! (and your first points) he he
Haha Thanks Mike! I was so gutted about the points :( Great to se you again yesterday and see you at Anglesey:)
16th and starting from the back, well done mate. Hope you enjoyed it.
Thanks Mark yes I was over the moon with it and had so much fun!
Points mean prizes, we all know that.
Matt keeps telling me the same thing lol ;)
Car looked stunning, nice to see 3 different Clios out there...
Thank you very much they are some awesome photos! Do you mind if I use them in my write up please? No worries if not :)

I had a great day yesterday, I will do a full write up but what with the long weekend I'm really busy so it will probably be the end of the week :(! I have got some really good video of the action and counted nearly 25 overtakes because I lost out in the pitstops so I had to do all the overtaking again :)

Massive thanks to TDF who did an awesome job with the prep of the car and supporting it :) Also big thanks to Burpspeed who provided great hospitality all weekend along with advice that really helped me in the race! Thanks to everyone who came along to watch and take photo's sorry if I didn't get long to speak with everyone but with it been my first race day it was all a bit hectic! The support from this forum has been incredible from the day I started this project! I didn't know one person on here a few months ago and now have met so many of you! Really great bunch of people and I appreciate the support so much :)

Thanks again,
James

What's the procedure for pit stops for single drivers in tin tops? Do you just stop and go sort of thing?

Just drive in, stop, engine off, undo belts, jump out, close door, open door, back in, belts on, close door, start engine and go :) From turning the engine off through I realised that the speedo doesn't work because its on GPS so I had no clue what speed I was doing so just had to crawl as didn't want any more points lol!

Clio

great result for your first race! hopefully ill get chance to come to a few races this year, look forward to meeting you at llandow!

Again well done, and the car does look great in the photos.
It looks like you all had an eventful time for a first outing.

Regards Russ........

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Just drive in, stop, engine off, undo belts, jump out, close door, open door, back in, belts on, close door, start engine and go :) From turning the engine off through I realised that the speedo doesn't work because its on GPS so I had no clue what speed I was doing so just had to crawl as didn't want any more points lol!

On the dash2 you can configure it to use a wheel speed sensor from the abs when there isnt a GPS signal available from the DL1 datalogger.

Or alternatively, just have the DL1 turned on even when the engine is off, on a seperate switch.

Silly to lose a couple of places just cause you are crawling through the pits trying not to bust the pits speed limit.

great result for your first race! hopefully ill get chance to come to a few races this year, look forward to meeting you at llandow!
Thanks Ryan, That would be great and everyone is always welcome, Look forward to seeing you at Llandow mate :)
Again well done, and the car does look great in the photos.
It looks like you all had an eventful time for a first outing.

Regards Russ........
Hi Russ, Yes I'm really happy with how its looking now :) Yes I do seem to attract issues with this car with one thing or another lol! Hope the season is treating you well!
On the dash2 you can configure it to use a wheel speed sensor from the abs when there isnt a GPS signal available from the DL1 datalogger.

Or alternatively, just have the DL1 turned on even when the engine is off, on a seperate switch.

Silly to lose a couple of places just cause you are crawling through the pits trying not to bust the pits speed limit.
Yes we have put it on the to-do list as we also need it for launch control and the pit lane speed limiter :)

We will also change it to live power rather than ignition as at the pit it just cuts the DL so can corrupt the data, Hadn't thought about putting a switch in but now you say it your right it will need one as it's constantly powered :) Thanks mate

Trying to sort through the video and it is taking a lifetime :(! Good action though, just struggling to cut it down as I highly doubt people want to watch 40 mins of me driving like an excitable twit lol!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Are you going to overlay the logging data to show acceleration and braking and g force and rpm and current gear etc?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

good result mate,
sounds like you did have a good weekend,
no worries on the text, as said didn't expect a reply

sounds like a big credit to jay and tony too for supporting everyone else, thats very kind of them

Are you going to overlay the logging data to show acceleration and braking and g force and rpm and current gear etc?
Hopefully Chip but it does mean manual sync between the two as this auto sync isn't working and DL needs to be sent back to RT to get some things changed :) If I can manually sync it though then yes I will get it sorted :) Will be the back end of the week unfortunately before it's up :(
good result mate,
sounds like you did have a good weekend,
no worries on the text, as said didn't expect a reply

sounds like a big credit to jay and tony too for supporting everyone else, thats very kind of them
Thanks Neil :) Yes exactly and it hasn't just been at the weekend they have always been so happy to help in anyway they can!