ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

FF 182
So thats what that was! I was spamming fire in the tanks all the time, then thinking "why wont you fire ffs!!!!!"

But the tanks are pretty lame imo, or were in the beta, much more fun on foot. Also hate those nobbers who just ***** tanks.

Clio 172
Played this for the first time on Monday night, great looking game, the graphics card walks it with everything on high and the teamwork gameplay is excellent. Love the bollards to stop vehicles, blew the column up to drop the tank into the car park and generally caused a menace. I'll be purchasing the full game on payday for sure.

I'm not sure I will get this for the 360. I know it's only beta, but think it will not live up to expectations. Next gen however, another story!

FF 182
Do those who pre-ordered it get early access?

Pretty sure i read the release date is the 29th october, and just checked now and its 1st november?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Ive preordered mine to come with My XBOX ONE. Fri, sat & Sun playing bf4 and forza 5 on XBO and then the monday a trackday at brands.
Anyone having a better 4 days? lol

Focus ST170
I watched that level cap vid yesterday scutch, it'll be interesting doing some sneaky sas stuff swimming up behind people on boats and knifing them quietly! Lol
J

FF 182
Had a face palm moment last night. Realised i'd pre ordered the premium exp pack instead of the base game :headno:

5 mins in EA customer support live chat and refund was sorted then pre ordered the base game!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
If I buy this on PS3, then buy it for PS4 when it's released, is my ONLY option to download it digitally, for £9.99? I'm hoping there is maybe a redeem code or something, so I can pick up a copy from a store.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Digital download only Liam and at 30-50Gb for the download I wouldn't bother. Only other option, Geordie mentioned something about Game doing a physical copy trade in.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm not too sure wether to get this for PS3 cos im not doing the D download for the PS4. I might of course sell it on to a mate

BG Clio 182
Im getting it for the PS3 that will tide me over until the new year, at least that way when i upgrade to Ps4 i can pick up and continue ranking up. But the Ps4 version does look amazing cannot wait to get stuck in.

Mito Sportiva 135
First reviews are up and so far very good scores - even on current gen. Some of the new destructible buildings look ridiculous and totally change how you play a map, e.g. breaking a dam raises the water level or blowing a hotel up means less sniping and paths are blocked.

BG Clio 182
Really not sure why they bothered with the single player that, unsurprisingly has got some negative reviews.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah, waste of time and effort. No one plays BF single player, and just having it there is a chore as the completionist part of you just wants to do it so it's done. I never enjoy any single player FPS apart from Halo.

i've never played a single mission of any of the battlefield and cod from ps3 onwards, All about online for me. Can't wait for this to come with my ps4!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, waste of time and effort. No one plays BF single player, and just having it there is a chore as the completionist part of you just wants to do it so it's done. I never enjoy any single player FPS apart from Halo.

Man, you're missing out so much on the games if you ignore SP. All the COD titles give you a very good grounding for map layouts and weapon types and styles before you even take one step into the online world. The BF series, less so - but I'll still play the entire SP campaign through before trying it online.

SP has even more of a calling on games like GTAV. Honestly, I think GTAV online is massively flawed. The hardware (on my 360 anyway) simply cannot cope with an online environment in 2013. The excruciatingly long load times when launching a mission - the removal of two-thirds of the vehicles and pedestrians in order to allow more memory for the 'real world' players - all detract from the online experience. SP on that game in particular runs rings around MP. :)

D.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Looking forward to Friday! Straight onto multiplayer, f**k single player lol.

1.8 Civic EX
I enjoy the SP elements of the Battlefield series. Good fun, definately worth playing through.

Looking forward to playing it on the Next Gen consoles on Friday :)

Mini JCW
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview

PS4 seems to have advantage over XBO on Battlefield 4, with it running 900p compared to 720p for One. Pfft.

Neither can match a PC on Ultra settings though, surprise surprise. Likened more to a PC on High settings, which is still very good.

Decent read that.

1600 x 900 vs 1280 x 720!

So a 50% difference in total pixel ouput - hell of a difference on a launch title cross platform game :S

Nice to see solid 60fps from both though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Indeed. The bizarre thing is though that the XBO is more detailed than the PS4:

1382228_436496209795760_1843613802_n.jpg

texture_zps968e6bf7.png

Yaris Hybrid
For me the key point from that article was that neither could run the game at 1080p which would have been a key marketing point. Makes this new generation a hard one to sell to consumers who are sceptical about shelling out £400.

I mean the previous gen was all about "HD" and Blu Ray, the gen before was sold on stuff like online features, HDD's and being DVD players.

This gen? Er well BF4 runs at 720p on your Xbox One just like Perfect Dark Zero did on your Xbox 360 back in 2005.

Yeah you can talk about the other graphical effects but in my experience console buyers start falling asleep when you talk about those things. Trying explaining that in a 15 second commercial.

"1080p 60fps gaming" would have done the job.

Still keeping my pre-orders but I am very underwhelmed compared to previous generation launches.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
For me the key point from that article was that neither could run the game at 1080p which would have been a key marketing point. Makes this new generation a hard one to sell to consumers who are sceptical about shelling out £400.

I mean the previous gen was all about "HD" and Blu Ray, the gen before was sold on stuff like online features, HDD's and being DVD players.

This gen? Er well BF4 runs at 720p on your Xbox One just like Perfect Dark Zero did on your Xbox 360 back in 2005.

Yeah you can talk about the other graphical effects but in my experience console buyers start falling asleep when you talk about those things. Trying explaining that in a 15 second commercial.

"1080p 60fps gaming" would have done the job.

Still keeping my pre-orders but I am very underwhelmed compared to previous generation launches.

Fifa 14 is 1080p 60FPS but yeah you make a great point.

Yaris Hybrid
Just watched the comparison video and blow me if the Xbox version doesn't actually look better even though I understand why it shouldn't.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just watched the comparison video and blow me if the Xbox version doesn't actually look better even though I understand why it shouldn't.

Like I said, I'm surprised it looks better. It's like the PS4 version is higher resolution but loses detail and lighting effects. Just strange.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Looking forward to picking this up today, what edition are people going for?