ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Normal edition or deluxe? I can't even remember the difference lol :eek:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
lol, no idea tbh, not bothered. It looks pretty 'normal' but has the China Rising pack included.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's a bit of a smack in the face for folks buying current gen when review houses are saying the game is built for next gen and that's why the review averages have been hit.

How can a current gen version be built for next gen?

Next Gen is next gen.

etc.

Anyway...

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I always tend to buy Battlefield on PC first anyway, then if I want to get into Multiplayer more buy it on Xbox as well.

Fiesta ST
Got my PC copy today also! going to see how it runs on my existing rig but I can see me upgrading my GFX card in the next couple of weeks. I might get the R9 280x toxic - decent performance for the monies.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Very hectic! Love the attack boat, so powerful. Even the secondary LMG on it is pretty good. I like the revive option too, a quick press of X or O now, no holding.

Destruction is good, M320 seems a lot more effective too.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Nailed a heli from fcuking miles away with the tank lol :approve: can't remember the name of the map though.

Couple of things - M416 is average according to the stats, but I'm getting nailed very easily from range with it by quite a few players. Only 20 points for a revive too, that sucks. When you need a lift/ammo/health, I find myself holding R2 then looking to see which command to pick, I liked just pressing select, it was quicker and easier. The scout helicopter seems to be quite weak too.

I predict a lot of patches and a lot of stuff being nerfed or made better. Oh and I got the "You have lost connection to the session" twice, already.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Been having a quick flick through the Prima e-guide that I got for pre-ordering. Looks good, but they are clearly holding back to provide more content in the DLC stakes.

D.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yeah I got that one too and traded a few games in. Only paid a tenner or so for it.

Bux

Golf GTD
^ That's one of the things putting me off. BF4 + Premium is also £95 ffs, too much for a game.

Premium comes with all of the expansion packs which will be released for BF4. I agree it's a lot, but if you plan on getting all of the expansions then it works out about the same

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Its a clever strategy by Dice and EA though, I was well and truly sick of BF3 well before the last DLC had been released, if not the one before that. They had already had my money by that time though, so they got what they wanted out of me. I really don't feel like being tricked into it a second time.

Last edited:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Attack boats are epic.....if you're in one. Just played the map where the ship comes crashing in, forget the name. Got absolutely hammered by 2 attack boats, every time I spawned killed within seconds by them. Tried the little birds, shot down pretty quickly, not liking the delay with the flares.

DCi
It's a bit of a smack in the face for folks buying current gen when review houses are saying the game is built for next gen and that's why the review averages have been hit.

How can a current gen version be built for next gen?

Next Gen is next gen.

etc.

Anyway...
i assume it's been built for next gen and ported over to current gen

similar to why pc ports feel a bit 'unnatural'

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Didn't realise there were battlepacks.....bronze silver and gold, reminds me of FIFA lol. I got s**t items in my bronze ones, suppressor for some gun and a couple of cammos.

Clio 172
Epic graphics, amazing maps, attrocious server connections and sod all admin. I can see the game getting patched alot before long as every 64 man server is crashing every round, servers are popping off left right and center, every time something collapses severs crash and generally the game is even more nunstable than the beta. having said that when I have got a few good rounds in the maps are as I said amazing. Blew the levy up yesterday, and the massive satellite dish collapsed and the detail is incredible. I played on ultra for an hour and the effects are ridiculous. I also played single player and unlocked a few guns (rex anybody?).I started playing on Wednesday through a err....foreign connection ;) and the actual European released version is worse so a patch must be imminent. In summary so far very impressed with the game play and maps but EA have dropped a massive bollock on the servers. As soon as they are sorted it'll be like BF3 on steroids.

Played on my mates Xbox 360 today. Not a game I will be buying. Bit of a shame really. Looks like a big step backwards from BF3. Definitely a next gen game though.
Ghosts was dispatched yesterday, so will be interesting to see if it suffers from the same issue.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Epic graphics, amazing maps, attrocious server connections and sod all admin. I can see the game getting patched alot before long as every 64 man server is crashing every round, servers are popping off left right and center, every time something collapses severs crash and generally the game is even more nunstable than the beta. having said that when I have got a few good rounds in the maps are as I said amazing. Blew the levy up yesterday, and the massive satellite dish collapsed and the detail is incredible. I played on ultra for an hour and the effects are ridiculous. I also played single player and unlocked a few guns (rex anybody?).I started playing on Wednesday through a err....foreign connection ;) and the actual European released version is worse so a patch must be imminent. In summary so far very impressed with the game play and maps but EA have dropped a massive bollock on the servers. As soon as they are sorted it'll be like BF3 on steroids.

This is the problem with all games like this and unfortunately, I can't see it ever changing. :(

There's so much going on both in the game and at the server level - that invariably it fails and crashes in the early days. Some players put up with it, I for one don't. That means by the time its patched and 'stable' - I'm way, way behind in both map knowledge and unlocks. Some times at that much of a disadvantage that I simply CBA in trying to catch up. Exactly what happened with me on BF3.....

D.

HBT 172 Cup
Had quite a few faultless games so far (sticking to 32 man servers for time being), no random crashing or lag yet :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How much better do you think this will be on the likes of the ps4/Xbox one?

I'm sure the servers will suffer the same fate as PC is currently. DICE have more or less said (obviously not in writing) that the game was designed with next gen in mind, so it's no surprise that current gen won't be as polished.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah was just curious. Graphically should be better? Although the footage I've seen looks great, to the point where Im not sure wether to purchase an Xbox or ps

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Ah was just curious. Graphically should be better? Although the footage I've seen looks great, to the point where Im not sure wether to purchase an Xbox or ps

Graphically will definitely be better. It's running at 60FPS on both systems, although the PS4 is apparently 900p and the XBO 720p. Saying that, both are looking superb apparently. I can't wait.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Maps are awesome. Rogue transmission is one of my favourites, destroy the support cables for 2 of the big towers and watch all hell unleash lol.

Clio 172
Is that the satellite dish? The one where you take out the levy is brilliant as well, there must have been 4 of us there with Smaw's all trying to blow it up lol.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I reken it's going to be a great game. Ranked 10 now and be able to use Commander Mode. Been in the AA Amtrak or whatever firing foot soilders all I'm getting is hit markers. Really leggy and it's crashed many times now. I see that they've got rid off customizing the weapons and vehicles on the main screen you got do it in game now. Was much better on BF3. Really like the maps, still haven't used the china rising map pack yet. Also like the new Defuse which is like S&D on COD

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Second time being commander and got my first Multi Kill using the Cruise Missle. Takes getting use to the controls, you use Supply Drop ammo, vehicles, EMP Strike. Missle Strike no idea yet how to use the AC130 maybe it's a unlock

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Me and Geddes had an epic game on Dawnbreaker, Conquest. 32,000 xp! :approve:

FF 182
Having some fps issues with this. The beta ran perfectly smooth for me with some settings on ultra and the rest on high. Now though, with same settings im getting like half the fps as i was getting in the beta :/

Need to sort this out as im not enjoying it as much as the beta.