ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
For the smaller maps you use the Cruise Missle, bigger ones use the AC instead the Commander doesn't take control of the AC the players do which is a shame. Very similar to the BF2142

Quite a nice game imo, not too different to BF3 imo though.

And I'm not sure why anyone would play 64 player servers, it's just contuinally: spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die.

32 Player ones are much better.

Fiesta ST-3
I bought it for xbox.

Not great IMO and I live for BF. You can see the whole game is designed for next gen. Very glitchy ATM. The maps well I'm not sold yet, I do like how they evolve as the game goes on.

I also love the gun boats.

I will be jumping to next gen straight away but still undecided on Xbox or PS4.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Quite a nice game imo, not too different to BF3 imo though.

And I'm not sure why anyone would play 64 player servers, it's just contuinally: spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die.

32 Player ones are much better.

A shame that. The 64-player maps on BF2142 were so big, that essentially there were several mini-battles going on all over the map. On smaller maps like you say - 64 players is just a messy, chaotic, experience.

D.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Liking this game, 50 for 16 engineer. Getting use to the recoil and the sensitivity too

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I know it's not what it's all about, but I just completed the single campaign, short to say the least.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Did you get unlocks by doing the campaign by any chance? I think you do

Fiesta ST
BF4 keeps crashing my PC after playing for awhile (SP Campagin), total lockup and reboot! all temps are good, it doesn't happen on other games :/

I know it's not what it's all about, but I just completed the single campaign, short to say the least.

I feared this. Worth spending money on? I don't really fancy spending forty odd bucks to look at pretty graphics for 4 hours. I miss the days when shooter campaigns were like 20 hours long. Might skip this.

I've read that Call of Duty Ghosts allegedly has a meaty single player, so I'll probably get that instead.

Nissan 350z
BF4 keeps crashing my PC after playing for awhile (SP Campagin), total lockup and reboot! all temps are good, it doesn't happen on other games :/

Check your drivers are up to date (not just graphics) as a starting point. Failing that a clean reinstall would be the next step i guess.

I haven't seen this game running so I can't gauge how demanding it is, but don't rule out your power supply. I've witnessed first hand a game cripple my PC mid-game through a failing PSU.

Could of course be anything, but in my experience people often overlook power when they're having rebooting problems.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Wait until Metro comes back on BF4, 64 Players will be mental, but some of battles taking place within the battle itself are a bit annoying, EA are normally quite good at patching these and once the Spawns are re done it'll be much better, still cannot fly planes properly ffs, takes the piss why can they not make it easier, bring back rouge squadron controls, one stick does all.
I would like to have all the Air Vehicle unlocks before they are released for sale this time.

Fiesta ST
Yeah all drivers are up to date for everything, my PSU is decent. Just doing a bit of Googling and it does seem to be pretty common to be fair. I'll do some more testing and see what I can find maybe there'll be an update to game that might resolve it soon, if it is game related of course.

Overclocked at all?

Does it bluescreen? If so what's the code?

BF4 is the only thing that doesn't like my 4770k @ 4.6Ghz, so have to drop to 4.5Ghz, everything else (including prime95 and proper benchmarking) it's fine lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think the engineer class may be the one to use in this game, only 20 points per revive using assault May force people to try different classes. I love the pp2000 in the engineer class until I unlocked the CBJ-MS, really good gun! Can take out 3/4 enemies per clip (51 bullets) needs a RDS on it though as the iron sights are horrible.

Fiesta ST
Overclocked at all?

Does it bluescreen? If so what's the code?

BF4 is the only thing that doesn't like my 4770k @ 4.6Ghz, so have to drop to 4.5Ghz, everything else (including prime95 and proper benchmarking) it's fine lol.

Yeah it's OC @4.6Ghz, I get the windows 8.1 sad face screen lol so you might be onto something, I'll drop it tonight and give it a go.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Support, Ammo Box, and claymores are the way forward when using an LMG and Bipod, stand back and mow them down, depends on game types of course.
Being a passenger as Engineer in Chopper and repairing away get's you a fair amount of points.

I'm ashamed to admit I downloaded this just to see how it was and have a quick potch. Also wanted to check my laptop can still play it on Ultra. :p
Single player had the typical s**t story but I'm just unwilling to invest the time in the multiplayer like I did with BF3. I hate to think how many hours/days I lost to that game and the prices on Origin give me mini heart attacks.
Game sure is very pretty though however I've uninstalled it again. Game is built for multiplayer and I don't want to get addicted again.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's OC @4.6Ghz, I get the windows 8.1 sad face screen lol so you might be onto something, I'll drop it tonight and give it a go.

Lol - I don't even get past the POST screen on my i7 965 running at 4Ghz on the air setup. Dropped it to 3.6Ghz and it's happy with that all day long....

D.

Fiesta ST
Lol - I don't even get past the POST screen on my i7 965 running at 4Ghz on the air setup. Dropped it to 3.6Ghz and it's happy with that all day long....

D.

Never had an issue with i5 running at 4.6Ghz runs everything without issue (Tomb Raider, Farcry 3, Bioshock, Prima stress test, benchmarks) been like that for over a year.

Sometimes s**t just happens. My machine was Prime stable but FarCry 3 kept crashing. Went back to stock and it was fine.

Never had an issue with i5 running at 4.6Ghz runs everything without issue (Tomb Raider, Farcry 3, Bioshock, Prima stress test, benchmarks) been like that for over a year.

Yep that's the same thing here, tried everything else on the 4770k, it's only BF4 that it doesn't like, can't remember the blue screen number but was something like 0x0000124.

Maybe it specifically doesn't like 4.6Ghz :p

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Does anyone play their pc with an Xbox controller? Only ask as mates have got pc's but I've never thought about getting one.

Really? Less responsive? I think I'd fail more so with keyboard and mouse

The difference is honestly night and day, you'd pick up using a mouse + keyboard within the hour , but it's a good few weeks/months to have the same ability on a keypad (imo).

Personally I don't think you can beat mouse+kb combo for reactions/responsiveness/accuracy, and if you saw some of the pro FPS players you'd see why!

Check that, it's not the best video, but I couldn't find the one I meant to find. You won't be doing that on a console :p

Last edited by a moderator:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah ok cheers. Gives me something to think about. And I was up against the guy in that video I would hunt him down and hit him with my pad lol. Obviously single.

Bumder With A Buffer
Sometimes s**t just happens. My machine was Prime stable but FarCry 3 kept crashing. Went back to stock and it was fine.

YEah I had the same with Fallout 3 and Fallot NV...just kept crashing no matter what overclock was set other then standard. Every other game was fine just those 2...more so on Fallout 3 actually as I suppose its a little "older"

FF 182
Any pc users having fps issues, stuttering etc try unparking all cores on your cpu. Think its aimed at i7's with hyper threading, but tried it with my 2500k and the games alot smoother now. Really simple to do, heres the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkfIFP0g2xY#t=46

Edit* When i checked mine, 3 cores were parked up, lazy feckers!

Last edited:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Check that, it's not the best video, but I couldn't find the one I meant to find. You won't be doing that on a console :p

He's an Xbox player lol. With 100% sensitivity you can get some pretty fast reactions on console.

Any pc users having fps issues, stuttering etc try unparking all cores on your cpu. Think its aimed at i7's with hyper threading, but tried it with my 2500k and the games alot smoother now. Really simple to do, heres the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkfIFP0g2xY#t=46

Edit* When i checked mine, 3 cores were parked up, lazy feckers!

I did this and it fixed my stuttering issue :)

Did it last time for BF3, but reinstalled for an upgrade, it made the first day of BF4 utterly horrendous.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
As Munson says, I use it for Batman, and arcade games like that, but not with an FPS - you'd get mullered.

+1

I've likened it to the Peter Crouch robot movement when trying to aim with a pad in an FPS. It's just so alien and inaccurate. You have to ask yourself why the vast majority of console FPSs have the option of aim assist/auto aim? They don't add that 'feature' for fun. Its simply due to the input for the level of accuracy required is simply flawed.

K&M all the way....

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The difference is honestly night and day, you'd pick up using a mouse + keyboard within the hour , but it's a good few weeks/months to have the same ability on a keypad (imo).

Personally I don't think you can beat mouse+kb combo for reactions/responsiveness/accuracy, and if you saw some of the pro FPS players you'd see why!

Is that... Call of Duty?! :eek:

In a Battlefield thread? Oh no no no.

;)

As it happens, I've never used a keyboard and mouse for games, but then I've never played on a PC.

Last edited by a moderator: